• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
I am having difficulty believing this one isn't already on here, but I have search every which way, and I cannot find the original story.......

The man convicted of the murder of Bristol landscape architect Joanna Yeates in 2010 has pleaded guilty to possessing indecent images of children.

Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak admitted four offences at Bristol Crown Court.

The 37-year-old is already serving a life sentence, with a minimum term of 20 years, for the murder.

Ms Yeates, 25, was strangled in her Clifton flat. Her body was found dumped in a country road in Failand near Bristol on Christmas Day in 2010.

Tabak was sentenced to 10 months in jail for the indecent image offences, to be served immediately, which means he will serve no extra time on top of his murder sentence.

The majority of the pictures were classed as category C - the lowest category in terms of seriousness, the court heard.

Ten were in category B, and six were at category A - the most serious category.

Two other counts of making indecent photographs, relating to 23 images found on external hard drives, were ordered to lie on file.

"These offences did not form part of the initial murder trial.

"Although he's serving a minimum tariff of 20 years' imprisonment, we felt it was crucial Tabak was brought to justice for possessing indecent images of children, so the full nature of Tabak's offending is on record.

"Tabak is now a convicted sex offender and this means an extensive range of protective measures can now be put in place to manage his criminal behaviour and protect those at risk."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-31700109

It's definitely a good idea to get his pedophile issues on record so in 20 years or whenever he's released has to register as a sex offender everywhere he goes. What that being said I hope they are able to keep him from offending in the first place, AGAIN! He lived out his violent fantasy on this young woman and killed her. He really does have a very cold calculating and manipulative look about him. He looks like a serial killer if I had to pick what I think one would look like.

Last edited:
He really does have a very cold calculating and manipulative look about him. He looks like a serial killer if I had to pick what I think one would look like.

This is the only part of your post that I have issues with, and only because unfortunately the monsters do not always look like monsters. In fact the ones that look the part are generally the least successful.....

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND how LIFE in prison equates to 20 years.. it SHOULD equate to ONE bullet..

'He later called his girlfriend to say he was bored'..

Last edited:
This is the only part of your post that I have issues with, and only because unfortunately the monsters do not always look like monsters. In fact the ones that look the part are generally the least successful.....

While it's true not all serial killers are ugly, it's also true that if someone is ugly you should be sure to keep a close eye on them as they likely are a bad person.

QUOTE: This is the only part of your post that I have issues with, and only because unfortunately the monsters do not always look like monsters.
In fact the ones that look the part are generally the least successful...

I totally agree with you on that one. I guess that's what I was trying to say at 1:00 a.m. and was to tired to think it through! Serial killers never look like they are one but this guy just seems creepy. In my line of work you cannot go by looks alone because I have clients that I sit with every day and sometimes don't look up the criminal histories until they are long gone and I found a 70 yo grandpa that was so polite, well mannered, well dressed and graceful was actually convicted 40 years ago of killing 4 family members in a month long man hunt for him. He had been in a mental hospital for the last 35 years. Talk about reality setting in hard early in the morning when I haven't had my morning dose of caffeine!!! :shifty:

Back