• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
wbuw5y.jpg

Jessica Jensen​

A Kenmare woman is charged with Class AA murder for the death of her 13-year-old son, who weighed 21 pounds when he died in January of starvation
[...]
Jessica Lee Jensen, 35, made her first court appearance Monday
[...]
State Forensic Medical Examiner William Massello III concluded that Jensen’s son died from chronic starvation due to untreated juvenile appetite disorder and listed the manner of death as homicide.

The Ward County Sheriff’s Office arrested Jensen late last week after the results of the investigation led prosecutors to file charges.
[...]
identifies him as Aidan Edward Bossingham.
[..]
Jensen, who has two other children, ages 14 and 7, also is charged with abuse or neglect of a child, a Class C felony. Court records say Jensen failed to provide proper education for the children and a bedroom in their home, which is about 50 miles northwest of Minot, was littered with garbage and smelled of feces.
[...]
Court records say:

Jensen called 911 at 8:17 p.m. Jan. 12 to report that her son had “passed on.”

A Kenmare police officer who responded said Jensen was sitting on a couch in the living room, holding a small child in her arms. The officer was unable to locate a pulse and attempted to open the child’s mouth to administer breaths, but could not due to the onset of rigor mortis.

The child was taken by ambulance to Kenmare Community Hospital, where a nurse practitioner said he appeared to have been dead for some time. She reported the boy appeared to be 2 or 3 years old.

Jensen told investigators her son had a hormonal growth problem and his pituitary gland did not function properly. She said her son had always been sick, and for the past year would make himself vomit and hoard food.

On the day of his death, Jensen said her son ate oatmeal for breakfast and later had a Sprite and yogurt. She said about 6:30 or 7 p.m. she made him some homemade “Pedialyte” and he consumed about 4 ounces.
[...]
the boy had not seen a doctor since 2008. During his early years, he was seen several times at Kenmare Community Hospital for a persistent cough. He was referred to a pediatrician at Trinity Health in Minot in 2006, weighing 29 pounds at the time.

The boy was then referred to Sanford Health in Fargo, where he was diagnosed with a human growth hormone deficiency and seen at that facility periodically through November 2008. Records obtained by investigators show Jensen stopped hormone treatments against medical advice and then resumed treatments when he returned to Sanford for followup care. A January 2008 chart note indicates “very poor growth because of lack of treatment.”

Jensen told investigators she has been home-schooling the children for several years and they do not have a regular doctor because she believes she can “solve the problems,” court records say.
[...]
Charles Jensen told investigators he had moved out in July or August of 2013 and has no say in the children’s care. The boy’s father is no longer living, but Charles Jensen told investigators he raised the boy as his own child.

Autopsy results showed that the child’s body weighed 21 pounds and his stomach was empty. Dr. Massello noted there was no injury to the throat that would indicate recent or regular vomiting. Massello said the conditions he identified were medically treatable
[....]
Investigators who searched Jensen’s home found it to be dirty and cluttered, with an upstairs bedroom littered with garbage and smelling of feces.

The two oldest children had not attended school since May 2009. The home has one shelf that contained educational materials, primarily elementary level workbooks. The youngest child could not spell her name to an interviewer and was not sure of her age.

Family members interviewed by investigators said Jensen treated her son differently than her other two children, and two relatives said they weren’t able to see the children after they confronted Jensen about her son’s medical condition.
[...]
but she did not have a lawyer appointed as of Monday. Bond was set at $250,000 cash. Her next court appearance is scheduled for May 1.
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/co...th-13-year-old-weighed-21-pounds-when-he-died

Huh. Home schooling. No follow up medical care. 21 lbs and the nurse thought a 2-3 year old. She lied about feeding him that morning. She probably looked up medical conditions and hoped that would explain what she did to him.

What the fuck is wrong with her twisted ass? She needs a long period of time without food...forever!

Family members interviewed by investigators said Jensen treated her son differently than her other two children, and two relatives said they weren’t able to see the children after they confronted Jensen about her son’s medical condition.
What the fuck prevented them from calling CPS on her??

Jensen called 911 at 8:17 p.m. Jan. 12 to report that her son had “passed on.”
A Kenmare police officer who responded said Jensen was sitting on a couch in the living room, holding a small child in her arms. The officer was unable to locate a pulse and attempted to open the child’s mouth to administer breaths, but could not due to the onset of rigor mortis.

It seems like she was just waiting for him to die.:(

Autopsy results showed that the child’s body weighed 21 pounds and his stomach was empty
My 18 month old weighs more than he did.

I don't want to see autopsy photos or anything, but I would like to see what this child looked like. 13 years old and the NP thought he was two or three? Wow.

She neglected and endangered her children to this extent, yet no one she knew contacted authorities? Everyone there seems to have a "not my problem" attitude. Where was Charles Jensen to intervene? He lived there for some time and must have seen how wrong things were in that house. Why did he wash his hands of those children? Doesn't the city follow up on children who drop out of the school system for "homeschooling"? Relatives? Wouldn't the boy's health and the mom's refusal to let anyone see him raise any red flags?

I can't even picture a 21lb 13yo, even one with growth problems. If that part of the story is even true.

I can't even picture a 21lb 13yo, even one with growth problems. If that part of the story is even true.
I've actually talked about a kid I knew growing up that I thought was maybe 5 or 6, young, but he turned out to be 13 when I was 12. He had been thrown against a wall, and didn't grow normally. He never reached the size of a full grown adult, even though he's over 36 now. Still alive.. his mom still cares for him.. he just doesn't look like a grown up. He does look about 14 now. He's still gangly. He did finally get taller in his late teens.. I'd say when he was 13 he probably weighed about 35-45 pds... he looked like a healthy 5 or 6 yr old... they thought this kid was 2 or 3.. gives you an idea of the size.

The most horrible way for a child to die is hungry the agonizing pain and suffering that goes along with it is just torture and for the extended time frame of years is fucking horrendous. Someone tie that bitch up outside of a restaurant for the next 10 years and only feed her 4 oz a day of a home made pedialyte solution so she can suffer and slowly die from hunger. :lock:

Last edited:
I have a friend who's kids have this condition, and at age 5 they were still wearing infant sized clothing.

They had to delay the hormone replacement therapy until a certain age (can't remember why, but I think it had to do with age) and she's just starting it now close to age 7. He too also has nutritional issues, where his body doesn't metabolize food properly and they have to feed them high calorie meal replacements, use cream instead of milk and other things the help them get the nutrition they require to grow as best they can.

What this mother did was give up on her son. There are ways to treat and help them lead a more normal life, but she didn't want to. Shame on her and shame on any professional who came across that family and neglected to file some kind of report that could have changed this boy's life.

She neglected and endangered her children to this extent, yet no one she knew contacted authorities? Everyone there seems to have a "not my problem" attitude. Where was Charles Jensen to intervene? He lived there for some time and must have seen how wrong things were in that house. Why did he wash his hands of those children? Doesn't the city follow up on children who drop out of the school system for "homeschooling"? Relatives? Wouldn't the boy's health and the mom's refusal to let anyone see him raise any red flags?
From what I gather, not one authority figure "drops in" to see how the homeschooling is going. They had a couple cases out here where these families "homeschooled" and the children were being abused, one to death. It was sad as hell. But if you noticed that in the homeschooling and deaths of children, is that the fridge and cupboards are always locked. And more or less "Christians".

Yup. No one seems to give a shit until the kid is dead. If this had been a dog half the people they knew would have reported it and it would have been all over the national news. Child abuse is a disgusting vile and evil epidemic in the US and has been for decades. Where is the outrage? Other than here at DD of course.

I don't want to see autopsy photos or anything, but I would like to see what this child looked like. 13 years old and the NP thought he was two or three? Wow.
Yeah, I would even accept autopsy photos, as fucked up as that sounds. It's not that I want to see a dead kid, but I can't wrap my head around how these numbers are even biologically possible.

Yup. No one seems to give a shit until the kid is dead. If this had been a dog half the people they knew would have reported it and it would have been all over the national news. Child abuse is a disgusting vile and evil epidemic in the US and has been for decades. Where is the outrage? Other than here at DD of course.
All of you can hate me I am prepared. As long as there are orphaned kids abused kids homeless and lost souls in the United States.. fix the social problems here.. then worry about other countries. We have so much here to fix! Let me say this stop welfare and make workfare! To be on assistance you must drug test and learn a trade!

From what I gather, not one authority figure "drops in" to see how the homeschooling is going. They had a couple cases out here where these families "homeschooled" and the children were being abused, one to death. It was sad as hell. But if you noticed that in the homeschooling and deaths of children, is tgthat the fridge and cupboards are always locked. And more or less "Christians".

As a homeschooling Christian I feel like you're a little off base here. As an American I have every right to be left alone to raise my children as I see fit. The problem you have is not with Christian homeschoolers, its with these " people " and I user the word people loosely because these people are monsters. These people abuse their children mercilessly. Its these people that make real homeschoolers look insane

As an American I have every right to be left alone to raise my children as I see fit.The problem you have is not with Christian homeschoolers, its with these " people " and I user the word people loosely because these people are monsters.
So if you're against periodic check-ups on how homeschooled kids are doing, how do you propose we stop homeschoolers from beating/starving their kids to death?

As a homeschooling Christian I feel like you're a little off base here. As an American I have every right to be left alone to raise my children as I see fit. The problem you have is not with Christian homeschoolers, its with these " people " and I user the word people loosely because these people are monsters. These people abuse their children mercilessly. Its these people that make real homeschoolers look insane
I think the statement was a question rolled into one.. Doesn't anyone check in on these kiddo's!?! I do think there should be check-ups on home schooled kiddo's. Yes you have your right and on and on and on. Forget the connection to religion. The kids it would catch are the ones abused and neglected. So the people who are doing the right stuff get to brag and the one who need our help don't fall thru the cracks even more!

I think the statement was a question rolled into one.. Doesn't anyone check in on these kiddo's!?! I do think there should be check-ups on home schooled kiddo's. Yes you have your right and on and on and on. Forget the connection to religion. The kids it would catch are the ones abused and neglected. So the people who are doing the right stuff get to brag and the one who need our help don't fall thru the cracks even more!

I see it as them harassing the people who do it right and continuing to let the fucktards abuse their kids. We see it day in and day out. More than half of the kids that end up dead on here already have lengthy CPS reports, yet nothing changes.

I see it as them harassing the people who do it right and continuing to let the fucktards abuse their kids. We see it day in and day out. More than half of the kids that end up dead on here already have lengthy CPS reports, yet nothing changes.
I read all of the time that kids die with NO CONTACT WITH CPS.. If you feel YOU are harassed maybe its the attitude that needs to be checked. Rules are rules are rules.. if there is nothing to hide there is nothing to hide.. you can cuss me or whatever.. I would be proud to be a little put out to know that maybe I was making a difference in a kids life..

Nequote="Fives My Charm, post: 748188, member: 15893"]I read all of the time that kids die with NO CONTACT WITH CPS.. If you feel YOU are harassed maybe its the attitude that needs to be checked. Rules are rules are rules.. if there is nothing to hide there is nothing to hide.. you can cuss me or whatever.. I would be proud to be a little put out to know that maybe I was making a difference in a kids life..[/quote
You are absolutely correct rules are rules and thankfully in America we're still able to educate our children as we see fit. I'm not sure which rules you're referring to. Your bigotry towards homeschooling is unfounded there is just as much neglect and abuse taking place to children that attend public schools, both at home and in the actual schools.

Nequote="Fives My Charm, post: 748188, member: 15893"]I read all of the time that kids die with NO CONTACT WITH CPS.. If you feel YOU are harassed maybe its the attitude that needs to be checked. Rules are rules are rules.. if there is nothing to hide there is nothing to hide.. you can cuss me or whatever.. I would be proud to be a little put out to know that maybe I was making a difference in a kids life..[/quote
You are absolutely correct rules are rules and thankfully in America we're still able to educate our children as we see fit. I'm not sure which rules you're referring to. Your bigotry towards homeschooling is unfounded there is just as much neglect and abuse taking place to children that attend public schools, both at home and in the actual schools.
I find your attitude amusing.. so easy to judge.. no knowledge of who or what you accuse of biotry .. Is that the pot calling the kettle black?!?

Latest posts

Back