• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...-burned-wife-with-oil-for-unseasoned-chicken/

d683b2d6cbc645228c2b497c8d9d8e19-780x975.jpg

Authorities in Oregon say a man put his wife’s hand in boiling cooking oil because she did not season the fried chicken she was making.

Columbia County officials also said Friday that Jeremiah Daniel Crothers attempted to smother the couple’s 7-month-old son with his hands and beat his wife when she intervened as the child was turning blue.

The 34-year-old Crothers, of Clatskanie, has not yet entered a plea.

He will be in court again next week on multiple felony charges, including attempted murder, strangulation and assault.
His public defender, Lee Wachocki, declined to comment.

Court documents say authorities were alerted to the case by a domestic violence advocate and went to the home late Tuesday.

The documents say the wife told police Crothers had abused her before.

He is such an all around abuser so I just decided to put him here.

Depends on who's in at the time. I guarantee they will at least "stay asleep" if they are convicts. And if they are inmates they will say they "were asleep" if they know what's good for them.

Too bad she didn't brain him with a pan full of hot grease when he was choking the kid.
Ugly skeeze weasel needs to have his behaviour modified with a staple remover, a hot glue gun, some sparklers, 3/4 of a pound of broken glass, Glosettes raisins, hot tar and a rabid yak.

The documents say the wife told police Crothers had abused her before.
Why didn't you leave then, idiot?

My sister in law is going to end up dead if she doesn't leave her no good, useless, piece of shit husband, but she keeps going back.

If you are not doing the cooking, you get no say in how hot or bland it is. And if the baby is going to be eating from the same batch, I can understand dialing the spices down a bit.

Why didn't you leave then, idiot?

My sister in law is going to end up dead if she doesn't leave her no good, useless, piece of shit husband, but she keeps going back.
It’s always more complicated than that, dude.

If you are not doing the cooking, you get no say in how hot or bland it is. And if the baby is going to be eating from the same batch, I can understand dialing the spices down a bit.

He just needed an excuse, it seems. =/

Lock him up in a cage with three inmates who love and miss their children and families.

Give the wardens earplugs.

No, this one isn't more complicated. She's left several times, but as soon as he says he sorry and he won't do it again, she goes back. We keep reminding her that he said the same thing last time, and she will say "this time he really means it". He's an ex-con, convicted of major drug (cocaine) dealing in Miami. In the 12 years they have been together, he's never had a visible means of support. He says he "leases medical equipment", but no one has ever seen proof of that. He'll go to "medical conventions" and come back with a bunch of cash. He has never let her go to one with him.

When your 8 year old niece calls from Miami to your wife in Idaho and tells you that her dad is drunk and is beating up her mom and wants to know what to do, you know there are problems. The last time she left was just last month. It only took him 3 days to get her to go back. For the past 6 months they have been living in her brother's basement. He has not contributed anything to the family. He has taken out several title loans on her car, the only thing she owns. He keeps all the money and gets drunk. They are on the verge of losing the car. Their daughter (now 10) is distraught because that car is the only thing that they own. Their son is 7 and guess what? At 41 years old, she's pregnant again. No means of support at all.

Ranting.... sorry. It just pisses me off.

No, this one isn't more complicated. She's left several times, but as soon as he says he sorry and he won't do it again, she goes back. We keep reminding her that he said the same thing last time, and she will say "this time he really means it". He's an ex-con, convicted of major drug (cocaine) dealing in Miami. In the 12 years they have been together, he's never had a visible means of support. He says he "leases medical equipment", but no one has ever seen proof of that. He'll go to "medical conventions" and come back with a bunch of cash. He has never let her go to one with him.

When your 8 year old niece calls from Miami to your wife in Idaho and tells you that her dad is drunk and is beating up her mom and wants to know what to do, you know there are problems. The last time she left was just last month. It only took him 3 days to get her to go back. For the past 6 months they have been living in her brother's basement. He has not contributed anything to the family. He has taken out several title loans on her car, the only thing she owns. He keeps all the money and gets drunk. They are on the verge of losing the car. Their daughter (now 10) is distraught because that car is the only thing that they own. Their son is 7 and guess what? At 41 years old, she's pregnant again. No means of support at all.

Sorry to hear about this! If you want to keep ranting, feel free! Totally understandable!

@notchback have you heard of trauma bonding? It's why a lot of people stay in or return to abusive relationships, especially when there's no material reason. I wouldn't mind betting your sister is trauma bonded to this guy. I've been there and it took me years and a lot of counseling and isolation from the abuser to get through it.

I don't think these charges are going to keep him locked up for long. She better take the baby and leave state go into hiding and never look back.

Battered wife syndrome. It's not as simple as being an idiot. I'm pretty smart, but I kept trying for three fuckin years. Took me six nose breaks and basically being told by CPS I'd lose my kids to make me end it for good, not even the fear of losing my own life, just losing my kids.
And I really loved him. Still do. Abusive toxic relationships are so much more complicated than "well, just leave". And until you're in one, you'll never get it.

Edited to remove "try to be kind" after I read OP's other post about her sister in law. Yeah, that's a fuckin sin for those kids, I'd feel the same way as you.
[doublepost=1516773908,1516773757][/doublepost]

the kids are what KILLS me. You wanna stay trauma bonded with a fucktard, go ahead. But my god, don't do that to your babies.

the kids are what KILLS me. You wanna stay trauma bonded with a fucktard, go ahead. But my god, don't do that to your babies.
Quick up date on the SIL. She left him again today. One of my wife's brothers brought the kids up here (Salt Lake area) this past weekend so they could visit with cousins/see Gpa and Gma. SIL stayed behind with her hubby so they could work everything out. Of course, nothing got worked out. All he did is berate her/smack her around/etc over the weekend. This morning I got a call from my wife (who is out of state at a conference) telling me that SIL left the hubby again this morning and is on the way to our house. Turns out, she woke up to the fact that he's not going to change. This morning while he was sleeping, she and the kids loaded all their things up and drove away. She stayed strong and didn't answer the phone during the 3 hour drive here. As soon as she got here, I took her down to the T-Mobile store, put her on my account and got her a new phone. She gave me the old one to keep and we are going to keep it to use as evidence during the divorce/custody shit (hopefully it will happen). Her hubby got pissed and left her a message saying that he's going to Seattle. He'll be back to take his kids later.

Fucked my whole day up and made me lose a couple thousand dollars, but I'll let it go. Rescuing her is the most important thing I could have done today.

Bland chicken is going to look and taste far more appetizing then prison rape ;) but ... to each his own.

Not to mention that other prison loaf he'll be eating everyday. Just the thought of prison food is enough to keep me straight.

Quick up date on the SIL. She left him again today. One of my wife's brothers brought the kids up here (Salt Lake area) this past weekend so they could visit with cousins/see Gpa and Gma. SIL stayed behind with her hubby so they could work everything out. Of course, nothing got worked out. All he did is berate her/smack her around/etc over the weekend. This morning I got a call from my wife (who is out of state at a conference) telling me that SIL left the hubby again this morning and is on the way to our house. Turns out, she woke up to the fact that he's not going to change. This morning while he was sleeping, she and the kids loaded all their things up and drove away. She stayed strong and didn't answer the phone during the 3 hour drive here. As soon as she got here, I took her down to the T-Mobile store, put her on my account and got her a new phone. She gave me the old one to keep and we are going to keep it to use as evidence during the divorce/custody shit (hopefully it will happen). Her hubby got pissed and left her a message saying that he's going to Seattle. He'll be back to take his kids later.

Fucked my whole day up and made me lose a couple thousand dollars, but I'll let it go. Rescuing her is the most important thing I could have done today.
You Rock!!

@notchback , we don't fucking want him here in Washington either. Tell him to go to Florida or Mexico or Honduras. Ya Honduras, they love stupid people there. Tell him that Seattle is full of bland chicken and nobody knows who's cooking it. Pleeeaaaasssse.

Back