• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
"

Jeremy Ogden and Halie Journet went missing on Sunday. For days, their parents have been worried sick. The Atascocita Middle School students were forbidden to date and now they have disappeared.

”Call anybody that can tell us you’re safe," pleads Jeremy's mother Toni as she wipes tears. "I just want to know you’re OK.”

• Toni realized early on Sunday morning that her 13-year old son Jeremy was gone and so was his girlfriend Halie. The two of them apparently took off in his sister's 2015 Nissan Altima.

“Neither one of them have ever driven a car before," explains Toni. "They don’t have any money on them. They don’t have phones on them.”

"Halie is very sheltered," says her mother Erica Journet. "She wouldn’t know how to do a lot of things. I definitely think someone is working with them. The scary part is who.”

“I just don’t want them to get desperate and feel like they have to do something extreme,” adds Halie’s father Palo.

Jeremy's older brother, who was in the U.S. Army and stationed at Fort Hood, took his own life in July.

”That’s been extremely hard on us and now my baby’s missing and I don’t know where he is,” says Toni as she tries to hold back tears.

Before the two middle school students went missing, Jeremy had his phone privileges taken away and Halie's parents put an end to the teens' relationship."
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/275403772-story
[doublepost=1503523206,1503523171][/doublepost]Weird copy/pasta.
Whatever
[doublepost=1503523303][/doublepost]I'm seeing practically everywhere people saying it's a race thing.
He's white, she's black.
Maybe that's it OR its because 13 is too damn young to be dating.
Yeah. I think it's an age thing

Romeo and Juliet were about 13/14...just saying.

And the parents claiming someone must be helping them is probably a fantasy. Kids can be extremely resourceful when motivated.

But all in all, I let my boys have their little romances when they were that age because it was mostly "they sat together at lunch and played together at recess" that was usually over before the school year was out. I only started paying any real attention when they got to high school and I only had to run off one girl (she was s senior when he was a freshman). Otherwise I've pretty much stayed out of their business.

Romeo and Juliet lasted 3 days. It ended in suicide.
Why would you romanticise this?

I'm not. Just pointing out that kids this age can be very dramatic. Sometimes permanently so if they're flat out forbidden to date.

Hell yeah 13 is too young to date. Sex is like nothing to kids in middle and high school in my town. It's nothing for 13 year olds to talk about their sex life. It's sad.

the commentators on the news brought up the romeo juliet play by Shakespeare n the first stories including the one posted here. I thought it was dumb and juvenally melodramatic then [and in the story I think he was trying t impart that also]. 13 is about the start of dating time. I think mire than age had something to do with this but I doubt it will give the adults any reality checks

th
Romeo and Juliet analogies tend to fly around young love denied but their story was more complicated than just their youth. It was about prejudices as well.

"Do you bite your thumb at me sir?" was a question that was answered with tragic consequences.

Back