• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/police-sisters-tried-strangle-mom-computer-cords-185834587.html

Two sisters tried to strangle their mom with braided computer cords on Thanksgiving and then tried to kill her with a towel and a pillow, investigators said.

The attack happened in a home near Cleveland that the three share, said Willowick Police Chief Michael Lazor.

Jennifer Barnes, 23, and Joanna Barnes, 24, pleaded not guilty to attempted murder charges on Monday. A message seeking comment was left Tuesday with Joanna Barnes' attorney. Court records did not say if her sister has an attorney.

The sisters put the cables around their 56-year-old mother's neck and then each grabbed an end and tightened the cords, but she was able to wriggle free, investigators said in court records. One of the sisters then tried to strangle the woman with towels while another tried to smother her with a pillow before the woman fled the house, the records said.

The mother called police on Thursday after getting out of the house and asked officers to check on her daughters but didn't say anything about what happened, Lazor said.

Officers began investigating after the mother went to a hospital the next day with neck injuries and bruising, he said.

Each sister was being held on $50,000 bond. Both were due back in court Wednesday.

Ungrateful, immature with a little bit of hapless thrown in there for good measure. I'm guessing since this happened on Thanksgiving that they weren't thankful for their mother.

Last edited:
Well aren't they special.

Couldn't strangle a person with a cord and 2 people pulling.

"Hey this computer cord isn't making a very good garrotte, I bet a towel would do better!"

I almost want to laugh because it sounds like a comical scene...I'm seeing Three Stooges antics in my head..."Hey Jen, grab the other end of this cord..." "Soitenly! Nyuk nyuk"...but they really are two vile bitches for what they did. Let's get their pics from the 'net and turn it into a meme for FAIL.

I'm sure the poor mom is a wreck, though. And she wasn't even going to turn them in. How do you think they would have later thanked her for THAT? Probably by attacking her in her sleep and trying to strangle her with dental floss.

Last edited:
Well thank goodness dumb and dumber could pull off trying to off their mom. Momma should have beat their asses with whatever she could find then called the cops. What a thanks she got for pushing their big heads out.

Hope they follow up with a motive. If it's "we wanted your homemade oyster stuffing and you made Stove Top!" I think I'm gonna...not even be surprised. :rolleyes: :meh:

Back