• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
article-2729152-20A472B600000578-865_634x751.jpg
article-2729152-20A4726900000578-607_306x423.jpg

Craig Wilson has barely survived a beating, shooting and cross burning — but Mississippi's hate crime law offers him no protection.

"That's the way I read the law," said Smith County Sheriff Charlie Crumpton. "I told my assistant district attorney that the law is very clear that the victim has to be a different race in order for it to be a hate crime."

Wilson is white and so is his alleged assailant, Jeff Daniels, 37, who remained in jail Monday on a $20,000 bond for aggravated assault.

Wilson was upgraded from critical to fair condition at the University of Mississippi Medical Center on Tuesday.

His family has said the attack took place last Friday because Wilson, a relative of Daniels', brought over his mixed-race grandchildren.

[...]

"They were tussling," he said. "There was an altercation and a gun involved, and he (Wilson) was shot in the lower abdomen."

The sheriff acknowledged the family is saying the motive was because of the mixed-race grandchildren.

His office is continuing to investigate the matter, he said. "We're still taking statements."

The cross burning took place outside Wilson's home a few weeks earlier, he said.

[....]

Under Mississippi law, the penalties can be imposed "if the felony or misdemeanor was committed because of the actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, national origin or gender of the victim."

The sheriff said of the Wilson case, "if there's a hate crime there, we can't see it."

He acknowledged that there could be a prosecution under the federal Hate Crimes Prevention Act.

[....]

State Sen. David Jordan, D-Greenwood, said lawmakers need to look at the state's hate crime law to possibly tweak it.

The race of the victim shouldn't matter because "what happened is obviously a hate crime," said Jordan, whose home was shot into three years ago. "It needs to be looked at, given the tense situation in the country right now."
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/08/18/smith-county-hate-crime/14242371/

A burning cross, a Smith county man beaten and shot by a family member, and in critical condition. We are told this is much more than a family feud, and outraged family members are calling it a "hate crime." This is a WLBT news exclusive.

[....]

The family tells us his stepson, with his son, came to Wilson's property screaming racist remarks at the family. The stepson, Jeff Daniels, and Craig Wilson allegedly got into a heated argument over his grandchildren. The family claims they threatened him, then beat him before shooting Wilson in the stomach.

[...]

"Yes they called him some severe names and then they told him to leave and they chased him off his porch around his house and beat him with brass knuckles and shot him with his own gun," said Julie Wilson, the victim's sister.

[....]

"It's just really hard to deal with right now," said Runnels. Runnels is Wilson's daughter. She is white. The father of the children is black. He declined to go on camera and talk with us.

According to the family, the threats to keep the mixed race grandchildren away have been ongoing, and two weeks ago the family found a cross burning in their yard.

"He told everybody that he would die for his children and to him the grandchildren are like his and he almost paid the price this weekend," said Wilson.

[....]

"We are because there was a cross burning previously, two weeks ago that police were called to but there was no incident report filed with Smith county and we still have the cross," added Wilson.

[....]

The Sheriff says this is not a "hate crime" under state law. The investigation is ongoing.
http://www.wtoc.com/story/26307388/family-says-hate-crime

That's the way I read the law," said Smith County Sheriff Charlie Crumpton. "I told my assistant district attorney that the law is very clear that the victim has to be a different race in order for it to be a hate crime."
Wilson is white and so is his alleged assailant, Jeff Daniels, 37,
For all things good and holy, change the fucking wording of the law. That assclown is skating on a technicality that's getting him away from receiving a rightful and just sentence enhancement because the legislators used stupid-ese when they wrote the law!

That Sheriff sounds proud as hell this case doesn't qualify under State Law. Jackass. I hope it qualifies for Fed. sanctions, and the Fee-Bees run right over his stupid ass. Definitely need to make their "Hate Crime" law inclusive. As unfortunate as it is, maybe this'll be the catalyst. The ignorant can be taught; stupidity is an informed decision, and the shooter's looking pretty damned stupid right about now.

I told my assistant district attorney that the law is very clear that the victim has to be a different race in order for it to be a hate crime
That's such bull, this guy is an idiot. If I beat another white person strictly because they are gay, that's a hate crime. If I beat a white person strictly because they are Muslim than its a hate crime...Wtf are they even talking about?

With idiots like this stepson up there running around defending the white race can you blame her for sleeping outside her race?

Hey now, he is NOT representative of the white race. Hell no, someone else has to claim him, we don't want him!
I meant defending more along the KKK keep the gene pool clean no miscegenation bullshit. It's clear he would fit right in with those chaps seeing as he was willing to fight for his beliefs. They'd lap that shit up I'm sure.

I meant defending more along the KKK keep the gene pool clean no miscegenation bullshit. It's clear he would fit right in with those chaps seeing as he was willing to fight for his beliefs. They'd lap that shit up I'm sure.
Ugh, they can have him, because us white folk don't claim them either. I can't stand hate for no good reason, for something people have no control over, except pedos, we should all hate them for always not matter what.

That's the way I read the law," said Smith County Sheriff Charlie Crumpton. "I told my assistant district attorney that the law is very clear that the victim has to be a different race in order for it to be a hate crime

OKAY...WHEN did the LAW change to where the SHERIFF is telling the prosecutor how to interpret the law??!!! Is the prosecutor his son or worse yet son in law?? (I say worse yet because in law means he would have chosen that family!)

This is mind boggling as in most places the cops take the evidence to the D.A. and the D.A. is responsible to look up the laws and determine whether a crime was committed and which one(s)!

ETA: Can anyone locate the actual law he is citing and if it truly says that or is that his interpretation??
Hate is not just about color, ethnicity, sexuality it is about malicious intent based on the offending person's own lack of empathy for someone who doesn't fall into their crowd/beliefs/actions.

Last edited:
Hate crime laws in general make me nuts, I don't think we should have them at all, but since we do why not use it seeing as this is the most appropriate case I have heard of lately for it to be used in.

Hate crime laws in general make me nuts, I don't think we should have them at all, but since we do why not use it seeing as this is the most appropriate case I have heard of lately for it to be used in.
They are illogical. A hate crime can be due to gender as well, sooo, why aren't rapists charged for hate crimes? They rape one sex, usually women, and often it is due to some wacky deep-seeded anger toward women, "Mommy issues" or some other bull shit.

But they aren't used like that, they are used for? I don't really know.

You'll all be as astounded as I was to learn Mr. Daniels has a history of acting like a giant dick:

We have learned this is not the attacker's first run-in with the law. According to the Rankin county sheriff, Jeffrey Daniels was arrested January 17, 2014. The Smith County man was charged with 2 counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. [...]
According to Sheriff Bryan Bailey, Daniels' son had a dispute with other teens. The father encouraged his son to fight and parents filed charges against Daniels.
[...]

The Smith County sheriff also confirms Daniels has been arrested for assault 2 or three times before.

http://www.wdam.com/story/26317723/...th-county-beating-encouraged-his-son-to-fight

Well, this makes the entire state of Mississippi look like a bunch of backwoods backwards idiots.
I wanna see where it says that hate crime can only be between people of different races. That doesn't make any sense at all. Races in this country are not as simple as black and white! If I had a black great great great grandfather then I'd be considered mixed race right? We're all mixed race in one form or another!

Okay, was so outraged by the article I had to start clickin then get back to everyones comments after I write [I don't want to forget anything that is twirlin around my gray matter right now]: first ofgf bullshit, since when is a sheriff telling a DA what a law is and isn't, b. wtf? wording can't be that bad to disregard intent and if someone is trying to use that as an excuse it's time to petition the governor to over ride the stupidity or the wording into a legitimate law [once again I think of the fkin fed snuff law and how it was bastardized] c. i hate to say this but was that intentional to make the law screwy when forced to create it so it would be pretty much worthless??? I have noticed across the country repeatedly that crimes that should have been blantantly charged as hate crimes weren't and cops and DAs don't seem to like to use them unless it is convienient

Did any of you stop to think that the Sheriff merely did his homework in order to help the DA secure a conviction? If he doesn't do his end of things right, the DA would have thrown it all out anyhow.
It's not his fault that the Mississippi legislators didn't craft the law properly.
The Sheriff's Department already had these idiots on their radar, and I'm fairly sure they would have wanted to nail their collective carcasses to the wall.

They are illogical. A hate crime can be due to gender as well, sooo, why aren't rapists charged for hate crimes? They rape one sex, usually women, and often it is due to some wacky deep-seeded anger toward women, "Mommy issues" or some other bull shit.

But they aren't used like that, they are used for? I don't really know.
I think there is a legitimacy for hate crimes and apparently they need to be defined in a manner for two year olds to get used at all. I think what your thinkin of should be nutto crimes that we need to get special circumstance charges for, seriously, the freaks that have mummy issues and victimize women serially would go into that catagory. Having seen seriously racial crimes and issues before [and I mean in places like California too] there does need to be special charges and it shouldn't matter on difference of race so much as outlook: KKKers, Neos have murdered white people that apposed them etc and so on

ap
For all things good and holy, change the fucking wording of the law. That assclown is skating on a technicality that's getting him away from receiving a rightful and just sentence enhancement because the legislators used stupid-ese when they wrote the law!
apparently earlier I was wrong if the law is worded that retarded but there has to be special circumstance charges they can get this freak with

OKAY...WHEN did the LAW change to where the SHERIFF is telling the prosecutor how to interpret the law??!!! Is the prosecutor his son or worse yet son in law?? (I say worse yet because in law means he would have chosen that family!)

This is mind boggling as in most places the cops take the evidence to the D.A. and the D.A. is responsible to look up the laws and determine whether a crime was committed and which one(s)!

ETA: Can anyone locate the actual law he is citing and if it truly says that or is that his interpretation??
Hate is not just about color, ethnicity, sexuality it is about malicious intent based on the offending person's own lack of empathy for someone who doesn't fall into their crowd/beliefs/actions.
lmao, yep yep, shouldna dove in without readin comments, I do agree!!

there's suppose to be a law lookup site and I intyend to try after I deal with the creatures had to jump on offline line like 4 times now do rl work and now everyone is ready to be fed

OKAY...WHEN did the LAW change to where the SHERIFF is telling the prosecutor how to interpret the law??!!!

Right? When I read that I thought the same thing, "my" ADA? Since when did a Sheriff, who in a lot of places doesn't even have to have so much as a single course in Criminal Justice, let alone a degree, trump a lawyer?? He is one bloated, self-deluded, posturing peacock. If I were an Atty. in the DA's office, I'd call him to task right quick.

23mam9u.jpg
10dfh28.jpg
'Racist attack: Jeffery Daniels, 37 (left), allegedly beat and shot his mother's boyfriend, Craig Wilson (right), for having mixed-race grandchildren. Wilson survived the attack and is in fair condition
[..]
37-year-old man allegedly beat his mother's boyfriend with brass knuckles before shooting him in the stomach for having mixed-race grandchildren.
Craig Wilson, 45, was allegedly attacked by Jeff Daniels
[...]
home on Friday night, two weeks after the older man found a burning cross in his yard - a hallmark Ku Klux Klan intimidation technique. Police went to see the cross but he did not want to press charges.
[...]
said that the fight unfolded on Friday because Daniels was angry that Wilson's mixed-race grandchildren were at the home.

Yet because the suspect and victim - who survived the attack but remains hospitalized - are both white, police said the assault can't be classified a hate crime under Mississippi
[...]
That's the way I read the law,' Smith County Sheriff Charlie Crumpton told http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/08/18/smith-county-hate-crime/14242371/
[...]
'I told my assistant district attorney that the law is very clear that the victim has to be a different race in order for it to be a hate crime.'
Wilson has undergone surgery for the gunshot wound to his intestines and has since been upgraded from a critical to fair condition at the University of Mississippi Medical
[...]
The sheriff could not say if the attack and the burning cross were connected, but Daniels has denied being involved in the cross incident.
[...]
'I didn't know nothing about no cross,' Daniels, who spent three nights in jail for a charge of aggravated assault, told
[...]
at his home in Raleigh on Tuesday.

He insisted he was walking his dogs two miles away from their house at the time.

But his mother Gaylene Daniels, who has been in a relationship with Wilson for 12 years, told
[...]
that she saw her son's dog, Jack Daniels, as she opened the door and saw the burning cross.

She added that she had heard of his anger about the children but never told her about it personally.

When she confronted him about it, it caused a row but she stopped it, worried that he would return and hurt them, she said. Just days later, the violent argument erupted in the home.
Wilson's relatives told
[...]
the violence erupted about 8pm Friday when Daniels and his son stormed Wilson's home shouting racist slurs.
[...]
said Daniels was angry Wilson was letting his mixed-raced grandchildren sleep over; Wilson's daughter, Whitney Wilson, is white and has children with a black man.
The men allegedly got into a heated argument before Daniels beat Wilson with brass knuckles and a stick, and when Wilson went to grab his gun, Daniels grabbed it and shot him.

Gaylene Daniels said her son then came up and grabbed her and said: 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'

But speaking
[...]
Daniels claimed that the fight took place after he heard his daughter was at the home and he went there to see her.

As he arrived at the home, Wilson approached him with a gun,
[...]
and a scuffle on the ground ensued. He said Wilson punched him six times so he could get the gun off him and shoot.

Julie Wilson, the victim's sister, considers the attack a hate crime.

'They called him some severe names and then they told him to leave and they chased him off his porch around his house and beat him with brass knuckles and shot him with his own gun,' she told
[...]
Julie Wilson also said the threats to keep the mixed-race grandchildren away have been ongoing.
'He (Daniels) told everybody that he would die for his children and to him the grandchildren are like his and he almost paid the price this weekend
[....]
reported Daniels had been arrested for assault several times before.
[....]
the Rankin County Sheriff, Daniels was arrested in January for encouraging is son to fight other teens.
Daniels was charged with two misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and convicted of one.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...CANT-classified-hate-crime.html#ixzz3BBnqcev0
34hjj3m.jpg

Survived: Craig Wilson has been upgraded from a critical to a fair condition in hospital. He was allegedly viciously beaten with brass knuckles before being shot in the stomach

Even if you're a racist asshole how can you be racist to little kids? Little kids are innocent. Period. Good job for standing up for the babies gramps, sorry you had to get beat for it.

Answer you?

I have no idea what you're talking about, or who you are, don't really pay much attention to user names when i post. Anyways, don't hijack threads, you're disrupting shit for everyone.

Back