• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Carjacking-victim-killed-when-hit-by-his-own-12294831.php
A 46-year-old father of two died after he was run over by his own pickup truck as he tried to stop a carjacker from stealing it from the driveway of his San Lorenzo home, officials said Friday.

“He’s a working man, he was going to work early in the morning, had started his truck and gone inside real quick to get something,” said Sgt. Ray Kelly, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office. “He came outside to find the suspect in his car — he tried to get the suspect out of his car, but the suspect was able to gain control of the vehicle.”

The robber collided with the victim, James Figueroa Jr., and ran him down while fleeing the scene in Figueroa’s pickup, Kelly said. The incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 15000 block of Via Del Sol.

Sheriff’s deputies responded to reports of the carjacking and found Figueroa in the street suffering from life-threatening injuries, according to Kelly.

He was taken to the trauma center at Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley and placed on life support, but died of his injuries about 12 hours later, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
[~]

Deputies, following up on a lead in the case, took two men into custody after a car chase through East Oakland on Thursday evening, Kelly said.

The brief chase occurred about 6 p.m. near the intersection of 92nd Avenue and San Leandro Street in the Elmhurst Park neighborhood of Oakland.

“One guy jumped out of the car during the chase and was run over by his buddy,” said Kelly. “The second guy crashed into a telephone pole, tried to flee, attempted to carjack another citizen, and then our deputies and Oakland officers arrested him as he was carjacking the citizen.”

It was not immediately clear whether the men were involved in the incident involving Figueroa. Citing the ongoing investigation,
[~]

“We would like to talk with them about the original carjacking case that led to the death of Mr. Figueroa,” Kelly said.

[~]

considering the neighborhood I wouldn't ever start and leave a car running by itself same with SF

So the guy managed to run over 2 people in 12 hours. That's talent.

Although I can't imagine fighting hard enough for my car that I end up underneath it. Take it. You're likely to end up sorely disappointed.

Latest posts

Back