• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Sierah%20Joughin_zpseexkhgwk.jpg

Sierah Joughin

The beautful young woman above apparently fell victim to James Worley, a repeat abductor who previously announced his intentions to a court-ordered therapist:

Worley, the warrant states, told a therapist he was mandated to see by Lucas County Common Pleas Court judge after his previous abduction conviction that he "learned from each abduction he had done and the next one he was going to bury."​

That apparently wasn't enough to get anyone to lock the fucker up. Twenty year-old Sierah Joughin was riding her bicycle when Worly got ahold of her. She did not survive the encounter. Worley allegedly left her in a shallow grave a mile from where her bike was found. Investigators found a secret room built into Worley's barn "containing a carpet-lined freezer with blood in it and restraints for holding people against their will."

Full story at the link.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

Shuddlers, tingles up the spine and the raising of the hair on the back of neck. Major creep factor alarms going off!!

Authorities found several pairs of women’s undergarments on his property.

Last edited:
This guy has been out to terrorize for soooooo many years. He mastered his skills. There is no telling how many missing persons cases/deaths he is involved in. Running his DNA could open a huge can of worms. I hope that unresolved cases are solved. I look forward to hearing more about this case as the evidence is processed. This guy is more than just a predator. The boogey man exists. He's a monster.

Women have developed a false sense of security due to this entire "girl power" idea that is perpetuated by the entertainment industry and news media. I've seen these programmes on television, wherein the female police officer runs about beating up male criminals. This is a myth. It doesn't happen. Women are prey. No woman should walk around the United States alone. You might be able to do that in a country like Estonia or Finland, but not here. Women should not travel alone, unless they are armed.

Women have developed a false sense of security due to this entire "girl power" idea that is perpetuated by the entertainment industry and news media. I've seen these programmes on television, wherein the female police officer runs about beating up male criminals. This is a myth. It doesn't happen. Women are prey. No woman should walk around the United States alone. You might be able to do that in a country like Estonia or Finland, but not here. Women should not travel alone, unless they are armed.

I don't know that we have to throw the whole "girl power" idea out with the bathwater to recognize that any of us can be prey. Gosh, after a few years of spending time on this site, all of us ought to recognize that.

Sadly I agree. I am a small petite woman. I am in excellent shape - I could put up a fight. However, my 6'4 285lb muscle house of a husband - I would be no match to determination- even of a young well fit practiced assailant.

Last edited:
This guy has been out to terrorize for soooooo many years. He mastered his skills. There is no telling how many missing persons cases/deaths he is involved in. Running his DNA could open a huge can of worms. I hope that unresolved cases are solved. I look forward to hearing more about this case as the evidence is processed. This guy is more than just a predator. The boogey man exists. He's a monster.

I agree. More details came out in this story from People:

http://www.people.com/article/james-worley-search-warrant-missing-sierah-joughin-murder

In one search warrant affidavit, a Fulton County sheriff's sergeant alleges, "[Worley] admitted he picked up one of the bike and that his fingerprints would likely be on the bike. He also stated he lost his helmet, screwdriver, sunglasses, and fuses at the location. These items were precisely what items were found on the scene, and it was not made public that any of these items were found.

"The helmet found on the scene, that Mr. Worley claimed was his, was found covered in human blood. He made the comments that he didn't steal anything or kill anyone.

"Interviewers observed what appeared to be fresh marks on the arms of Mr. Worley and what appeared to be bruising on his lower legs."

Additionally, the helmet and one pair of sunglasses found in the cornfield allegedly had Worley's DNA on them, according to documents, and Joughin's blood was found on his motorcycle.

Zip tie restraints, a ski mask and Mace were found in Worley's truck, the documents allege, which further state that plastic sheeting, ropes, chains and a meat hook were also found on his property, among many other items.
What really gets me is that he only had ONE previous arrest for abduction and not only told the court-ordered therapist he was going to bury the next person he abducted, he said he'd "learned from each abduction he had done," implying there was already more than one under his belt. (quoted from original link)

I guess we should be giving thanks he isn't all that bright and left piles of evidence everywhere. Even the current evidence against him should be enough to get life without parole in Ohio (fingers crossed). I hope they uncover what else he's done too. The DNA test results in the Lori Ann Hill case will be interesting.

I've seen these programmes on television, wherein the female police officer runs about beating up male criminals. This is a myth. It doesn't happen.

It happens when a suspect is cuffed or otherwise under control and the cop decides she wants to be a rotten disgusting bitch and brutalize the citizenry. That happens quite a lot actually. Female stormtroopers are quite often vile thugs.

The boogey man exists. He's a monster.

You're right he does, but I lied to a four year old once...told him the boogie man was dead,

that Jack Skelington (the pumpkin king) and Santa Claus killed him. He thought

about it...went back to bed.

What a beautiful girl...how fucking sad. I mean they were all probably beautiful but here

her pic is making this seem so much fucking worse.

We have to stop letting these people out of jail, they cannot be rehabilitated.

Oh yeah rehab the criminals,
they will learn and become better members of society.

Bull....
shit!

Completely preventable with life in prison with zero parole or a bullt to the brainpan.
They should have made the fucks who let him run free have to tell the victims loved ones that they were the ones responsible for being bleeding heart scumbags.

Wow this is frightening on so many levels. Like right out of a damn horror story this guy is with that meat hook. What was he planning on doing? Hanging her corpse up and skinning her? I'm surprised they didn't find any lotion in a basket.

Just looking at this brutish monster is chilling and his young victim Sierah would have been quickly overtaken by a force that had no mercy. What a hulking beast of a man

“Worley fits the profile of a serial offender and could potentially have additional unknown victims who could have been kept at the above described location,” wrote Sgt. Matthew Smithmyer of the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office in the warrants. The sergeant said he knows “based upon [his] knowledge and experience that these types of offenders will often keep trophies.”

!nvestigators discovered the hidden room with the freezer, as well as a hidden “nanny cam,” women’s undergarments, and several rolls of tape and rope, search warrants released Thursday revealed. A ski mask and zip ties were found in his truck. Several recording devices for video and still images were also recovered.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...Worley-bombarded-sheriff-with-complaints.html

Last edited:
April 18, 2018

After hearing emotional pleas from Sierah Joughin’s family and her convicted killer’s rambling claim of innocence, Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson kept his comments brief after sentencing James D. Worley to death.

“If I thought there was a snowball’s chance in hell you were innocent, I would have given you life,” the judge said.

Wednesday’s sentencing closed one painful chapter in the nearly two years since the 20-year-old Metamora woman disappeared July 19, 2016, while riding her bike. Worley, 59, of rural Delta, was convicted in March of her kidnapping and aggravated murder. The jury then recommended he be put to death.

Ms. Joughin’s mother, Sheila Vaculik, made the last of several victim impact statements Wednesday and called her daughter “compassionate and vibrant.”

“Sierah’s life was worth far more than the 20 years she was able to live... As her mother, I could not be prouder of the person that she was,” she said

Before he was sentenced, Worley gave a nearly 45-minute, rambling and disjointed statement that was at times defiant but not remorseful. He turned to face the gallery and did not address the judge.

He repeatedly said he believes someone else kidnapped Ms Joughin. He said someone framed him by leaving evidence at his home and leaving his lost motorcycle helmet — which had Ms. Joughin’s blood on it — and other items at the suspected abduction scene where Ms. Joughin’s bike was found.

Judge Robinson set Worley’s execution date for June 3, 2019.

In addition to the death sentence, he sentenced Worley to 11 years for kidnapping, eight years for felonious assault, 11 months for possession of criminal tools, 36 months each for tampering with evidence and having weapons under disability.

He ruled those sentences run consecutively.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...enced-to-death-for-Sierah-Joughin-murder.html

A grieving mother, whose daughter was kidnapped, hogtied and suffocated to death while being held in a dungeon hidden in her attacker's home for three days, has bulldozed the property in her late daughter's memory.

Sheila Vaculik, was granted James Worley's dilapidated property in a wrongful death suit after he was found guilty of her daughter 20-year-old Sierah Joughin's violent murder in Delta, Ohio in July 2016.

Sierah, a University of Toledo student, was out bike riding with her boyfriend of seven years, Josh Kolasinski, before she was snatched by her killer, then 57, and held in a secret room in a barn on his secluded farm surrounded by cornfields for three days.

Police found a torture chamber hidden behind hay bales inside the property. Restraints lined the blood-stained walls and handcuffs, zip ties, rope, weapons and a ski mask were found inside. Video recording equipment and a secret nanny cam was also discovered alongside Sierah's pink underwear, a mattress covered in her DNA and a freezer lined with blood-stained carpet.

When Sierah's body was eventually discovered in a shallow grave near Worley's home, it was determined she had choked to death on the large two inch by three inch plastic gag that Worley had used to silence her cries.

Earlier this month, grieving Ms Vaculik began the process of clearing the 'dark piece of land' where he daughter spent her terrifying final hours.

'There is a release of anger and frustration that is part of my healing process,' she told dailymail.com.

'Some have asked if it has brought closure; again, there really will never be closure when it comes to losing someone you love in such a thoughtless and violent way.'

Bulldozers started tearing down the dilapidated farmhouses where Worley lived alongside a disabled brother and their elderly mother and ran an engine repair shop.

Vaculik shared the videos online with supporters of her fight for justice, celebrating the moment that the monster's lair was going to be destroyed for good.

Worley, 57, is now awaiting execution for Sierah's killing and appealing his case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-killed-daughter-holding-secret-dungeon.html
1545921823497.png

Such a beautiful young woman ripped from this world by a monster. Although it is small comfort for her, I'm glad to see her mother dismantle the house of the killer.

I don't read Daily Mail articles, they take 10 minutes to load. Found this info from July 2018 when they won the lawsuit:

Family members filed the wrongful death lawsuit against Worley in April, 2017, declaring their intention to destroy the reminder of their daughter’s death.

The property had been transferred from Worley, 59, to a trust bearing his name. Worley’s attorney, Mark Powers, said the property was handed over to his sister as a trustee to keep the land in the family during her brother’s incarceration. Their other brother, who was disabled and has since died, had been living on the property, he added.

But Ms. Vaculik’s lawyer, Jerome Phillips, said during Monday’s news conference that he suspected the transfer was intended to prevent his client from acquiring the land.
https://www.toledoblade.com/local/c...-of-James-Worley-property/stories/20180702131

Latest posts

Back