• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a prominent member of a mosque in Greater Manchester.

Jalal Uddin, 64, was found injured in a play area in Rochdale, on 18 February.

He was taken to hospital but died a short time later. He died from a head injury, a post-mortem examination found.

A 21-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy were arrested earlier at a property in Ramsay Street, Rochdale, police said.

A 31-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday has been released without charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-35631640[/QUOTE]
[doublepost=1471959871,1456157020][/doublepost]
Two supporters of the so-called Islamic State group murdered an imam because they viewed his practice of Islamic healing as "black magic", a jury heard.

Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, 22, and Mohammed Abdul Kadir, 24, were said to have developed "a hatred" of Mr Uddin, Manchester Crown Court heard.

Mr Syeedy, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, denies murder with another.

The jury was told Mr Kadir fled abroad in the days that followed Mr Uddin's death, on 18 February.

Mr Syeedy and Mr Kadir were said to have taken offence after discovering he practised Ruqya healing, which involves the use of amulets.

It is alleged the pair mounted surveillance of Mr Uddin, who was described as "quiet, dignified and well-respected", before he was killed in an attack, thought to have involved a hammer.

[Mr Greaney]
said it was the prosecution's case that Mr Syeedy drove Mr Kadir to the gates of the park, knowing full well Mr Kadir intended to attack Mr Uddin.

Mr Kadir was said to have landed "repeated forceful blows", including to his mouth and teeth, which left the victim with a skull fracture.

He then dashed to the exit on the other side of the park, where he was picked up by Mr Syeedy, the court heard.

Two young girls discovered the unconscious Mr Uddin at about 20:45 GMT.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-37163552

Mohammad Hussain Syeedy, who denies murdering Jalal Uddin in Rochdale in February, told Manchester Crown Court he does not sympathise with IS.

The Crown claims he played a key role in helping Mohammed Abdul Kadir, 24, bludgeon to death 71-year-old Mr Uddin.

The prosecution alleges the pair developed a hatred of the victim, believing him to performing "black magic" because of his practising of Ruqya healing, which involves the use of amulets known as taweez.

It is claimed they supported IS and sought to punish Mr Uddin with death for this practice, in line with the group's beliefs.

The Crown claims Mr Syeedy intentionally assisted and encouraged Mr Kadir, driving him to and from the park on the day of the killing.

Mr Syeedy, a former Manchester United steward, said: "I certainly do not sympathise with Isis [IS]."

"I do not support any of their ideologies or their ways and their actions.

"I think what they are doing is absolutely wrong, I don't agree with innocent people dying," he added.

The engineering student admitted he disagreed with Mr Uddin's beliefs but when it came to punishment, he told the jury he "had no authority" and it was "up to God".

He said he agreed with a plan hatched among his friends to try to deport Mr Uddin and wanted to hold a seminar to inform the community about his use of taweez.

Three days after the murder, Mr Kadir, of Chamber Road, Oldham, flew from Manchester to Copenhagen in Denmark and on to Istanbul, the court was told.

Agreeing with his barrister that it appeared Mr Kadir was responsible for the murder, Mr Syeedy said he did not consider him a friend but "just a guy I worked with".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-37277906

Back