• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother decided to punish her son after he got suspended from school by making him do free yard work for the local community.

Demetris Payne from Shreveport, Louisiana uploaded a photo of Jadarien Payne, 13, with a deadpan expression on his face as she revealed to her family and friends that he would do free work for them.

'My son has been suspended for 3 days from school and for discipline. He will do your lawn service, he will rake your yard, mow if supply mower, pick up trash, or wash your car for free.'

'Maximum 3 hr. If anyone has a rake they would like to donate will be awesome. And he will do it all for free,' her post read.

The post, which was uploaded on November 10, has had over 380 shares and over 500 likes so far.

The mother, who works at Delta Pathology Group, made sure to keep her friends and family updated with his three day suspension by uploading several pictures of her son hard at work.

Accompanying the photos she wrote: 'Thank you Ms Wills for allowing us to do your yard and supporting us.. It was a team effort and praying for your complete healing of your knees.'

Jadarien was suspended from school for three days after he talked back to his teacher.

She told CBS News that initially his three day suspension seemed like a holiday: 'When I got home from work he's [Jadarien] eating strawberries and having fun with my dad,' Demetris said. 'I was like, "Oh no." It was like a vacation.'

Apparently when she told her son about her plan to make him work, he didn't take it seriously initially. 'He didn't believe it. I can be soft on him and baby him sometimes,' she said.

Apparently Jadarien obeyed immediately, 'he didn't complain the whole time,' his mother said.

He spent about two hours cleaning up people's yards, working at least eight different homes.

After he was done his mother took him to the library where he spent the rest of the afternoon reading and doing homework assignments.

'We explained to him that these chores weren't to punish, punish, punish, but to teach him a lesson and teach him about discipline,' Demetris said.

'No matter if the teacher is right or wrong -- always respect your teachers, respect adults.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5097783/Mother-s-unique-punishment-son-goes-viral.html
4682334000000578-5097783-image-a-33_1511106256631.jpg

Gotta give this mom an award for a big time parenting WIN!! We see all the big losers on here-- it's so nice to see a fantastic win! :D

Latest posts

Back