• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://nypost.com/2017/07/24/teen-sues-after-losing-legs-in-train-accident/

A Georgia teen who lost part of his legs when he was run over by a train has sued the railroad company and operators.

Jacob Ohl, 17, was walking along railroad tracks on March 2 in Liliburn when he was hit by an oncoming train that did not have a functioning camera, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The teen is suing for compensation for his injuries from railroad company CSX and operators Derrick Tyrone Marshall and Clifton Edward Martin, who were running the train.

The lawsuit, which was filed last week, claimed the train conductor never blew the train’s horn to alert the teen, who was wearing headphones. The suit also claims there was no fencing or warning devices for pedestrians.

According to the suit, the engineer and conductor saw Ohl about 1,000 feet before striking him, but the train wasn’t stopped for another half-mile after the accident.

His mom, Fern Cook, wrote on a GoFundMe page that the 17-year-old called 911 after the incident to get help.

He was rushed to the hospital, where both his legs had to be amputated below the knee.

I might feel sorry for him if the train had jumped off the tracks and run over him while he wasn't on the tracks, but as the facts stand now, not at all. The gofundme should have stated "we want money because jacob is stupid". I do feel bad he got his legs cut off, but it's his own fault. Trains are big and loud, and can only move on their tracks, if he were paying attention he would have known even with his earphones on.

Maybe he should sue his parents for not telling him walking on the tracks is dangerous. What's that you say, they did?

Sorry for you dude, but you did this to yourself.

As for signs and fencing, I think the tracks themselves should be warning enough for most people of average intelligence. He should have known a train was coming with a blindfold and earphones on, the vibrations those things produce you can feel even in a car 20 feet away from the tracks.

I guess peg-legs Jacob doesn't know that walking inattentively on train tracks is not only stupid, but just walking on them is trespassing.

[doublepost=1501080676,1501080452][/doublepost]
The suit also claims there was no fencing or warning devices for pedestrians.
Yes there is, they're called fucking "Train Tracks"!

Also, GoFundMe Alert! Nothing like trying to scam money from your own prodigy's idiocy.

Last edited:
I guess peg-legs Jacob doesn't know that walking inattentively on train tracks is not only stupid, but just walking on them is trespassing.

That cracked me up! Yes, it is trespassing and there are signs. I know this from trespassing and walking on the train tracks. :oops: I was smarter than Jacob, obviously, since I'm here to tell about it.

di·do
ˈdīdō/
noun
NORTH AMERICANinformal
  1. perform mischievous tricks or deeds.

Back