• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
I usually won't do too many south of the border news articles unless they are boarder range seriously political with long reaching implications. This is the second heavy hitter activist for environmental rights murdered in a little over 6 months I believe the other Berta in Honduras in March. This is a tragedy. Various companies that want to destroy land for their financial gain will use the local mafias and guerrilla groups to take out important figures trying to stop them.
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...onmental-Activist-Murdered-20170117-0041.html
mexicoo.jpg_1718483346.jpg

The story echoes those of other Indigenous activists across Latin America who have been killed for defending their native land, like Berta Caceres.
Isidro Baldenegro Lopez, an award-winning Indigenous environmental activist who fought against deforestation in Mexico, was assassinated last weekend, Proceso reports.

RELATED:
Native Waters, Native Warriors: From Standing Rock to Honduras

Baldenegro, the 2005 recipient of the Goldman Environmental Prize for North America, was found dead outside a relative’s house in Chihuahua. Witnesses claim the murder suspects are linked with known assassins of other Indigenous environmental activists in the region.

Baldenegro will be buried in Coloradas de la Virgen, the land belonging to his native Tarahumara community, which he and his family defended for decades.

In March 2003, he was arrested for 15 months for organizing protests against unregulated logging in the Sierra Madre Mountains. Two decades prior, his father was shot and killed in front of him shortly after, leading to mass protests against logging corporations... more
his father had also been assassinated for the same cause previously
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/...environmental-activist-shot-sierra-madre.html

Last edited:
being an activist of any kind in Mexico... 'em's dangerous lands...[/QUOTE]
true the level of bravery and dedication to believes is something that is hard to even comprehend here. Never will forget when those 3 American activists disappeared when they had gone down to support the Native tribes in a particular area against their lands being taken over to drill. I told my friend in SF it was probably FARC as they were nothing more than whores for the highest bidders and it was. They tortured raped murdered them then dumped them on the Venezuelan side of the border. pos.

Back