• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
no mug yet
Police: Suspect in deadly hit-and-run drove 1.5 miles with victim on car

A driver hit a pedestrian and drove for a mile and half with the victim on top of the car
[...]
The suspect vehicle has not been located.
[...]
Thursday night fatally wounded Daniel Ortiz-Reynaga, 67, of Mexico, and injured Julio Ortiz, 39
[..]
The two were crossing at the intersection of 54th and Main streets around 6:16 p.m.
[...]
when they were hit by a white Honda Civic wagon
[...]
The car sideswiped Ortiz. The impact flipped Ortiz-Reynaga up on top of the car
[...]
The driver continued west to 43rd Place with the victim on top of the car,
[..]
As the car approached 42nd Street and Smith Way, the victim either fell off the car or was removed
[...]
Police said a Lane Transit District bus captured the suspect vehicle on video.
[...]
http://www.kval.com/news/local/Poli...ve-15-miles-with-victim-on-car-285637471.html
- Police arrested
[...]
in connection with the fatal hit-and-run crash
[...]
Isabel McDaniel, 30, was taken into custody on charges of felony hit-and-run and tampering with evidence
[...]
"The person who was hit that the officers were talking to and when he got up realized the other person who was his father was missing,"
[...]
Medics rushed the injured man to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
http://www.kval.com/news/local/Woman-arrested-in-connection-with-deadly-hit-and-run-285744881.html

She gets no sympathy from me. They arrested her but haven't found the vehicle yet. I wonder where she stashed the car?

How awful. She deserves to go to jail. She hid the vehicle somewhere if they haven't found it yet.

Maybe she thinks as long as they can't find her car there's no evidence against her. :shrug:
I would have been so freaked out the second anything living hit my car I wouldn't be able to continue to drive. How did she go a mile and half? I wouldn't be able to go 3 more feet! And this would even be under the situation it was not my fault at all. It would be my fault I would just go into an automatic catonic state. Does she even have any remorse?

No one can convince me she didn't know she hit someone or at least something. No matter what, If you hear a clunk, you stop and look to see what it was.

I hope they nail this bitches feet to the floor of a prison cell.

Maybe she thinks as long as they can't find her car there's no evidence against her. :shrug:

Not no evidence, obviously, as they've announced video, but if she was able to successfully disappear the car, the prosecution could have a more difficult time securing a conviction on serious charges.

But, as someone who has hit a pedestrian (mine was a drunk in dark clothing trying to beat my car across the road at 2:00AM; I didn't even get a ticket) while in a small car, you know. It's a panicky situation, but I imagine most people would hit the brakes upon reflex, if nothing else. I know I did.

She drove more than 26 football fields with this poor man on the top of the car... Selfish, callous bitch, smh. Hope she gets a min. of Voluntary Vehicular Homicide/Manslaughter on top of the rest of what she deserves for sheer deliberate indifference instead of some Involuntary Man. & drop the rest bullshit. Too bad it was too late for them to draw her blood for DUI.

1.5 miles! How on earth did she get that far? I would imagine there had to have been a stop sign or traffic light. When I'm at stopped at a light and I have a tire that's going flat, someone in another car rolls down their window to bring it to my attention.

I would like to think someone took a moment to say "uh, excuse me ma'am, but..."

Wow talk about faces of meth. Gee whiz bitch put the pipe down some time. I wonder if her husband helped remove the body from her car?
Fucking idiots.

We buy tamales from this lady, Isabels Tamales.
She sells homemade tamales? LE might wanna look into any recent unexplained disappearances of locals, maybe she uses the impact as a tenderizer, and this poor guy just fell off before she could get him home to start the marinade.

What is it with these people that drive for miles with a body on, or half in, their car? Do they think they'll eventually blink and all that bad stuff will just go away? "Oh thank God, I thought I hit someone and there was a body through my windshield, but now there isn't!"

Ugly women shouldn't be allowed to drive. I hate looking over and seeing them at traffic lights or turning in front of me.

Ugly women shouldn't be allowed to drive. I hate looking over and seeing them at traffic lights or turning in front of me.

But, driving while attractive is downright hazardous. It wasn't too long ago that I was chased by a box truck from Snoqualmie to Renton (roughly 30 freeway miles). I have a little V6 manual, and was easily able to out-maneuver him once we hit rush hour traffic, but prior to that, he was pushing that fucker as hard as it would go, hitting speeds nearing 100mph on the open freeway. I actually took pictures of the truck when he got stuck behind me, because the aggression of his driving made me quite nervous after a while.

Once I believed I had lost him, I looked down and noticed my seat belt had pulled down my top, exposing a fair bit of bra. I had a good laugh.

I've also known heavily freckled Mexicans, and the photo is too blurry to be sure of anything.

Oregon driver pulls hit and run victim, 67, off station wagon roof 11 blocks after collision, leaves to die in street: cops
Isabel McDaniel, 30, pleaded not guilty to second-degree manslaughter and intoxicated driving after running down a man on a Springfield, Ore. street on Dec. 11, police say. Her husband allegedly drove his wife home in another vehicle, used a trailer to hide the car and tried to rinse blood off of it with a hose.
[..]
hit and run ended with the driver pulling the victim off the roof of her station wagon and leaving him in the street to die 11 blocks away from where she struck him
[...]
Isabel McDaniel, 30, confessed to police that she and husband, Gary, 24, worked to cover up the crash that killed Daniel Ortiz-Reynaga on a Springfield, Ore., street on Dec. 11
[...]
Isabel McDaniel has pleaded not guilty to second-degree manslaughter, intoxicated driving, evidence tampering and failure to perform the duties of a driver
[...]
Ortiz-Reynaga, 67
[...]
The son told police he couldn't find his father afterward but did see the older man's hat in the road,
[...]
Witnesses saw Ortiz-Reynaga land on the top of the car.

Ortiz-Reynaga died later at a Springfield hospital
[....]
The McDaniels confessed after being tracked down at their home two days after the collision.

Gary McDaniel has been charged with tampering with evidence by cleaning off blood and hiding the car.
[...]
after leaving Ortiz-Reynaga, McDaniel met her husband, who hid the Civic near his workplace, drove his wife home in another vehicle, used a trailer to take the Honda to the house and tried to rinse blood off it with a hose.
[...]
the car as having a broken windshield, fresh scrapes and dents, and blood on its roof and sides.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...gfield-hit-and-run-suspect-confessed.html.csp

Back