• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
I think we've entered the rewrite history period

The folks running Twitter may be too young to have heard of George Orwell, or perhaps they simply do not care that their new advisory council sounds frighteningly Orwellian. Either way, the brand new “Twitter Trust and Safety Council” seems like a board ready to censor comments in deference to political correctness.

It doesn’t help that among the more than 40 organizations that make up the council, one finds such groups as the “Dangerous Speech Project,” a group with ties to the liberal John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and to financier George Soros’ Open Society Institute.
http://cnsnews.com/commentary/mike-gonzalez/twitter-censoring-non-politically-correct-viewpoints

And Twitter, as a private enterprise not financed or otherwise associated with the government, is free to censor the shit out of the content they host...

...just like we are here at The Dreamin' Demon.

No conservative worthy of the title is going to place a hatred for political correctness above the rights of private enterprise.

What's twitter? Kidding, I know what it is, but I don't have an account.

The folks running Twitter may be too young to have heard of George Orwell,

George Orwell...I'm never getting a smart phone. Nobody is going to sell me a $2000 tracking device.

***this is proof that it pays to get your information from a lots of different sources...think for yourself.

Back