• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...sket-found-on-sidewalk-in-north-philadelphia/
[....]
People walking along the 3100 block of W. Clearfield Street came across an infant- or child-sized casket lying on the sidewalk just after 9 p.m.

Officers arrived and opened the casket to find a bag of organs inside, but no body.

“According to the medical examiner, [they] were in fact human organs. They believed they belonged to an infant or a child,” said Chief Inspector Scott Small. “What’s unusual is other than the bag of organs there was no body.”

Small described the casket as “fresh” and recently pried open. Investigators are looking into whether someone stole it from an area funeral home or if it was dug up from a cemetery, including Mt. Vernon directly across the street from where the casket was found.
[....]
The Office of the Medical Examiner now has the casket and the organs for further investigation.

Police plan to have cadaver dogs search Mt. Vernon and Laurel Hill cemeteries nearby for freshly dug up graves.

And here I was under the impression that when an autopsy was performed that all the organs were returned to the body except those that were retained for further study. You would think since this was a child's autopsy they would have been more sensitive with the remains and where is the child's body that they were removed from?

Well, I have seen it discussed on other threads that organs are usually placed back into the body cavity in a bag, after autopsy. Maybe they stole the baby's body, but had no need for the organs?
Ghoulish.

Well, I have seen it discussed on other threads that organs are usually placed back into the body cavity in a bag, after autopsy. Maybe they stole the baby's body, but had no need for the organs?
Ghoulish.
Just what I was thinking. The body would be embalmed, but not the organs. The small body cavity may have not held the bag, so it may have been placed inside with the body right before burial. So someone took the preserved body but left the decaying organs.

Fuck this reminds me of a stunt some guys I went to high school with pulled. No organs were involved though. They went to an abandoned house where a coffin maker once lived and as they were looking around among the old empty coffins they found a empty child's coffin. They said it was a bitchin beer cooler until one of their moms found it when she borrowed his car.

I've been thinking about this.
I am not sure, but is it possible the child died from violence and the organs were placed into bags in case they needed to exhumed later?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-infants-casket-was-dumped-on-sidewalk-by-funeral-home-employee/
PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia police say a small casket containing embalmed remains of an infant that was found on a city sidewalk was dumped there by an employee of a New Jersey funeral home.

Capt. Malachi Jones said Thursday that no charges have been filed yet as the department continues its investigation.
[....]
Jones says a latch on the casket broke before the baby's funeral and workers at the funeral home were forced to transfer the child to a different casket. It was unclear why the organs were left inside the broken casket.

Police have not said why the funeral home worker allegedly abandoned the casket on the sidewalk.

Whether there were remains in it or not, just why would you throw it out on a downtown street? That just makes no sense at all. Especially since there were remains in it. Poor family, I'm sure they are VERY upset.

Funeral home employee admits to dumping child’s casket with organs inside on Philadelphia street

A southern New Jersey funeral home worker admitted to dumping a child-size casket filled with organs on a Philadelphia street.

The employee ditched the broken white coffin — wrapped in a black trash bag — on a North Philadelphia street Monday night, leaving pedestrians to uncover the bizarre site.

The casket was originally supposed to be used for an infant, some 3 to 4 months old, but it broke before it was buried on June 29, Philadelphia police said Thursday.

“Just prior to the funeral, the casket latch broke,” Capt. Malachi Jones said at a news conference. “The baby was transferred from that broken casket to another casket.”

Child's casket with infant organs found on Philadelphia street

Jones declined to provide details on the infant’s gender or name, as well as the identity of the funeral home and the employee.

Police said the worker put the coffin in a car, drove around with it and dumped it on West Clearfield Street at about 9 p.m. Monday — across from a cemetery.

Officials found two organs wrapped in a plastic inside, which the medical examiner’s office later confirmed were from a human infant.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...dumping-child-casket-street-article-1.3308639

It still makes no sense at all!
[doublepost=1504293291,1499448734][/doublepost]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...ket_with_girls_organs.html#incart_river_index
A former New Jersey funeral home worker has been charged with dumping a broken casket containing human organs along a Philadelphia street, according to a report.

Jeremy Brooks, 24, who worked at Stanley's Memorial Chapel in Camden has been charged with abuse of corpse, a misdemeanor offense, Philly.com said.
[....]
The child's body was placed in the new coffin, but, the report said, in their haste funeral home workers forgot to transfer the bag of organs.

Brooks had originally wanted to temporarily store the broken casket at his North Philadelphia home until he could dispose of it, but his sister wouldn't allow that, the report said.

Brooks then allegedly dumped the tiny white one along West Clearfield Street in Philadelphia. The casket was found on a sidewalk there near a cemetery by a passer-by who called police.

Philly.com said that Brooks no longer works at the funeral home.

You're right still doesn't make any sense, why dump it when you know they'll figure out it was you pretty quickly.

Back