• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
A rape suspect was pulled out of a jail and lynched by a mob in northeastern India on Thursday, local reports said, with anger raging over the high rate of sexual violence in the country.

The man, who stood accused of raping a woman multiple times and was arrested on February 24, was dragged out of the prison in Nagaland state before being beaten to death and strung up, according to media reports.

"A mass protest rally against the rape was held at Dimapur (Nagaland's main commercial town) this morning after which students and angry people forced into the district jail and managed to pull out the accused," the Press Trust of India news agency said.

Another report said that the crowd started marching towards the jail from a location almost seven kilometres (four miles) away.

The Hindustan Times newspaper said the crowd "tore down two gates and took custody" of the suspect, before dragging him to the town's landmark clock tower.

The suspect was then stripped naked, beaten and his body was strung up to the tower, the newspaper said.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26533023/angry-mob-lynches-rape-accused-to-death-in-india/

If this guy's guilty, all I can say is except for the smell in Mumbai, Dubai, New Dehli and Penjab, I love India *dreamy sigh!*

Ah yes, it's a wonderful feeling to know consequences have been dealt and lessons learned. They need to do this kind of thing more often.

what if he was falsely accused?
Given the way society in India blames victims I doubt any woman in India would make up false allegations. The victims there are treated horrifically, emotionally, verbally and even physically after the assault. The culture is different, including the way that women are taught to act. While it is possible that the allegations were false I find it unlikely in a place like India with their attitudes toward women and rape.

We have only a synopsis of the story here and don't know all of it - much as with many other cases. We don't have all the answers, though we enjoy discussing them with each other for many reasons.

We know there are times when a murderer/rapist/robber goes free because they were found "innocent" in court. And there are, regrettably, truly innocent people sitting in jail because the system found them "guilty." So unfortunately, there are times when Justice is not duly served.

When I react positively to something like this, it isn't necessarily directed at that particular criminal or case; it is directed at the concept that crime not go unpunished.

If this man was innocent, then of course it is heinously horrible. But as Krystal said, there are many good reasons to indicate he was guilty, and in this particular case, I agree with all of them.

Given the way society in India blames victims I doubt any woman in India would make up false allegations. The victims there are treated horrifically, emotionally, verbally and even physically after the assault. The culture is different, including the way that women are taught to act. While it is possible that the allegations were false I find it unlikely in a place like India with their attitudes toward women and rape.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rease-in-false-cases/articleshow/30807940.cms

More cases are getting reported, but because the mentality in general hasn't changed the courts dismiss them and give the impression that more false claims are being reported
I think the high percentage of acquittals shows the attitude towards rape in India has not changed, they're still of the she asked for it's not rape mentality, the ruling class doesn't feel the lower classes have a right to justice, especially women

A senior woman lawyer, who did not wish to be named, said, "It's sad but true. Registration of false cases is rampant and hence, the alarming acquittal rate. The new law is being misused because of the widened definition of rape."

Last edited:
A day after a mob broke into the Dimapur Central Jail, dragged out a rape accused and lynched him, Dimapur SP Meren Jamir said police officials were unable to use force as “hundreds of girls in school and college uniforms were in the front”.

“How could I use maximum force when there were hundreds of girls in school and college uniforms in the front of a massive mob? It was difficult. There would have been several casualties,” Jamir told The Indian Express.

Later in the day, Nagaland Home Secretary Sentiyanger Imchen said that Jamir as well as Deputy Commissioner Wezope Kenye had been placed under suspension.

Meanwhile, Dimapur remained tense and under curfew as the funeral of a man killed in police firing was held on Friday.

“We carried out lathi charge when the mob was small. The students initially dispersed, but they came back in large numbers. Many started pelting stones at us. When they broke in, we fired in the air and used teargas shells, but they did not disperse. They went inside and took the man away,” Jamir said.

The accused, 35-year-old Syed Sharif Khan, was tied up by the waist and dragged for seven kilometres — being kicked and pelted with stones along the way. By the end, he succumbed to his injuries. Police had claimed he may have been an illegal Bangladeshi immigrant.

According to the police, Khan was accused of raping the girl, a college student, twice — first in a jungle near the Fourth-Mile area and later in a hotel. According to Jamir, CCTV footage showed the girl entering and leaving the hotel with the accused. “Why she accompanied the man even after she was allegedly raped in another place is still a mystery,” Jamir said.

“The girl filed a complaint on February 24 alleging she was raped. We arrested the man under Sections 376, 344 and 363 of the IPC, and both were made to take a medical examination,” Jamir said.

Khan and the alleged victim used to stay in the same compound behind Daroga Pathar village market complex.

More...
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...llege-uniforms-led-lynch-mob-says-dimapur-sp/

Was wondering that myself. Being falsely accused of rape does happen quite a lot in Western societies. No idea how prevalent false accusations are in India, though. But what is certain is that he had not yet been tried and found guilty by due legal process.

If he was guilty, I like most others don't give a shit what happened to him. He got what was coming to him. But that is only an IF.

Worryingly - according to the info in the above contribution by @TheMorningStar - the victim of the lynching was a Bangladeshi immigrant, with whom an Indian woman freely choosing to have sex is likely to have been frowned upon by many. And the alleged victim was seen willingly accompanying the man even after she had supposedly already been raped once by him.

To me, this looks suspiciously like a potentially false cry of rape to hide the potential dishonour involved with choosing to have sex with the guy. This MIGHT have therefore been an innocent man brutally murdered by the mob. Certainly, there was no due process to examine all the evidence to get to the truth. They just assumed guilt and killed him anyway.

And that is why - however satisfying it is to hear of terrible shit happening to evil scum - lynching and mob rule should never be allowed to replace the rule of law and due process.

If this had happened AFTER his guilt had already been determined in a court of law I wouldn't have cared. But there is enough room for doubt for the possibility of him being innocent being a very real potential possibility.

Disgusting story. India is such a disgusting place. Mob mentality is never a good thing.

Very interesting the mention of him being a foreigner, a supposed illegal one at that. I'm sure the mob weighed all the evidence and didn't merely act on sensationalized news stories nor the info that this guy was a dirty rotten, job stealing illegal immigrant. I don't see how anyone could read this story or see the footage and not feel rotten about the entire situation. Fucking scum.

And a Muslim.

Nail in the fuckin coffin.

For all the people throwing out this, "rape victims are looked down on in India", what about girls who go have consentual sex/relationships with dirty muslim immigrants? I'd think the negative stigma would be even higher for those broads, hence the motive for crying rape.

Not saying that's what happened, but if we're throwing out absurd, baseless conjecture, it makes as much, if not more sense, than what the rest of you are spouting in support of this sick shit.

I would say no we'll never know the truth, but i wouldn't put much stock in Indias justice system regardless. We prob never would have learned the true story, all the more reason to side of caution it and just let it be and run its course.

Latest posts

Back