• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Unless she is 95 pounds with osteoporosis or impaired? I just cannot see how this was physically possible.
Hi Rico. Welcome.

I can maybe see her hunkered down scratching the dog's ears or something and it knocking her over, or possibly turning and going for her throat if she was holding it like she was in the photo. Other than that? I don't know.

--Al

However, I have done a search and didn't find any indication that a Frenchie can be dangerously aggressive toward humans, however I found another article about this one that changes everything.

[....]
Dr. Howard Cooper, Lake County's coroner, said that such behavior coming from a smaller dog breed was unexpected, but sometimes people tend to forget how powerful animals can be. He added that the bulldog has a very powerful jaw.

According to Cooper, the bulldog recently adopted by Urso had formerly been trained to fight. He said the attack had been vicious based on the number of bites and scratches on the victim's torso and extremities.

The deadly bulldog, as well as another French bulldog and a border collie, were removed from Uros's residence and are in the custody of Lake County Animal Care and Control.

An investigation is ongoing, and officials say it was unclear if the other two dogs were involved in the attack. According to Chief Lee, there were apparent signs of a struggle inside the home, and that blood was also found on the other French bulldog.

The worst person for a dog is someone that thinks they are some type of noble being and incapable of attacking unless severely abused.
I have known more than a few dogs that were untrustworthy vicious and dangerous and were never abused a day in their life.
There was a whole line of Neo Mastiffs that were vicious and hurt people, killed other pets but the breeder didn't give a shit, she wanted the money selling the pups brought in and there were plenty of buyers who wanted Neo puppies and had no idea what they were getting themselves in for. Seeing five of those dogs getting put down over time, different ages, different litters, super lovely caring upset owners, all for repeated unprovoked vicious attacks opens your eyes.
Thinking one species is somehow exempt from having mean members is ridiculous.
Some people are just mean, some cats, some horses, bet there are nice flies and asshole vicious ones too.

I have a "Frenchton" Frenchbull x boston terrier, she is super chubby, and hyper as hell!
While on leash she can pull me with no problem. I have to have a serious grip to keep her from
just taking off with me attached. So the strength is there.
(No she is not trained well, she is just a tubby spoiled baby, she has her own yard to run and play in so we seldom put her on a leash.)

Something crazier:

The final paragraph in the Fox News story reads, "Urso lived with her boyfriend, who was not at home at the time of the fatal attack. He himself had been attacked by the same French Bulldog last month, and the animal was taken away, Lee said. Urso had gone to the Lake County Animal Care and Control to retrieve the dog, which was returned to her, the Daily Herald reported."

--Al
Bad move, darlin'.

Musta got an artery or something. That's the problem with taking in rescues, you're getting other people's garbage. Roll the dice enough times...

Latest posts

Back