• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man deliberately crashed his car off the M1 motorway to kill his wife who wanted a divorce, a court heard.

At the opening of Ian Walters' trial, the jury was shown CCTV footage of the final seconds before the crash that left his wife Tracy fatally injured.

Mr Walters, 51, denies murdering his wife, who died in hospital after the crash in Leicestershire, in March 2014.

On the day of the crash, on 21 March 2014, the pair had been travelling home with their two dogs after cutting short a holiday in the Yorkshire Dales, the jury was told.

Footage of four seconds before the crash showed the car travelling at 79mph, apparently with no obstructions in the road.

Mr Miskin said: "He must have foreseen that really serious injury or death would result from this crash.

"While obviously he risked his own life and limb, he also intended to cause really serious bodily injury to his wife."

He said Mrs Walters had been texting her son and in her last message wrote of her husband: "He's driving and volatile... I need him arrested when we get home."

Mr Miskin said it is this accumulation of texts that "acted as a trigger for his conduct."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-32132616

A driver accused of purposely crashing his car to kill his wife "careered" off the M1 motorway and "imploded" into trees, witnesses have told a court.

On the second day of the trial, witness Gary Donald, said Mr Walters' Mitsubishi L200 4x4 had overtaken him in the fast lane and then "veered sharply" onto the hard shoulder.

He said: "It came past me on the outside lane and then veered sharply right and left and then into the embankment and disappeared into a line of trees.

"They imploded. Debris, luggage, bits of car and parts of tree all flew into the air."

He said he saw no indication or braking from the car before it crashed.

The jury heard two dogs were also thrown out of the Walters' car and one died.

A week before the crash, Mrs Walters, 48, had called police and her husband, a driving test examiner, was questioned.

Prosecutor Charles Miskin said a motive for causing the crash was because he "was in trouble with [Tracy]...and in trouble with police".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-32150702

Wonder why she went away with him if he was causing enough problems to contact police a week before the trip?
There was a similar crime in my hometown. A man was angry that his wife wanted a divorce. Hw drove down a hill at high speed, across a highway and right over a cliff. He survived, his wife and 4 yr old daughter died. He apparently intended to die in the accident but he survived and was sent to prison. He claimed it was an accident, but there were no skid marks, he never put on the brakes. Witnesses saw the mother and child screaming, but the man did not move. Just kept going downhill and across the highway.

Oh i don't want to go victim blaming but what was this stupid bitch doing sending texts to her son...Fucking parents who over burden their children...that's what you get for texting your kid to complain about his father instead of calling the police....CUNT

I definitely wouldn't have been telling my son at all, because my son would've fucking killed that bastard.

A father-of-two accused of murdering his wife by deliberately crashing his car on the M1 has told a court she "meant the world" to him.

Mr Walters denies murder and described his wife as a "big ray of hope".

The driving examiner, who retrained after taking redundancy from Barclays Bank, met Mrs Walters in 2011.

The prosecution alleges he killed his wife after a series of rows caused by his unreasonable sexual demands.

He told the court they had a "dramatic and adventurous" sex life but often argued because of poor communication.

But he admitted he had caused physical injury by trying to stop her from leaving a room during a row, instead hoping she would stay to sort out their problems.

The incident caused bruising to her upper arms the court was told.

The jury also heard about Mr Walters' difficulty sleeping and the drugs he had been prescribed to help and it was alleged he used sex as a way of helping him sleep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-32417045

Oh i don't want to go victim blaming but what was this stupid bitch doing sending texts to her son...Fucking parents who over burden their children...that's what you get for texting your kid to complain about his father instead of calling the police....CUNT

I'm not gonna victim blame, but wait...oh yes I am.

Maybe she was close to her son and wanted to give him a heads up that his dad was acting erratic. I'm sure she didn't forsee him flying off the fucking road and slamming into some trees because of an argument.

Maybe he should have taken her home and tied her up!:woot:

Back