• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man accused of murdering his wife's lover in a fight has described himself in a Manx court as "compassionate" and "incapable of harming anyone".

Arguing that he was acting in self-defence, Ian Anderson, 45, said he "was fighting for [his] life" when he kicked and punched Ballabeg man Neil Roberts.

Mr Roberts, 60, died at Mr Anderson's house in Castletown on 1 December 2013.

Mr Anderson denies Mr Roberts' murder after confronting him over the affair with his wife Alison.

"It was like I wasn't there, I stopped being who I am because of the continued assault on me, he said.

"I don't know who I became but I didn't murder Neil Roberts, I would not have done that, the person who I am and the person I was then wouldn't have done that".

Prosecutor Linda Watts told the court in Douglas that during the fight Mr Anderson suffered a black eye, cuts and extensive swelling and bruising.

She added that Mr Roberts suffered 23 fractures to his ribs, a fractured sternum, broken facial bones and extensive internal organ damage.

Mrs Watts said: "You broke just about every bone in his face didn't you?"

"I don't know," replied Mr Anderson. "I was using my hands and feet to keep him away from me."

"You kicked his head like a football, didn't you Mr Anderson?" continued Mrs Watts.

"I don't recall, I don't remember. The person I am and the person I was would not have done that," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-32161298

She added that Mr Roberts suffered 23 fractures to his ribs, a fractured sternum, broken facial bones and extensive internal organ damage.

Yeah... this pretty much establishes that dude was goin' for broke.

That said, I wonder why the boyfriend was at the house? Were they all friends?

He said he was trying to keep him away from him but I think while he's on the ground and not going anywhere kind of establishes he wasn't near him other than being kicked by him. Went into a bit of an over kill didn't he?

What an absurd defense. Does this guy even have a lawyer?

Men who bang other dudes wives are some of the dumbest people on the planet. Dipshits who go asking for trouble get no sympathy from me when it beats them to death.

A man accused of killing his wife's lover during a fight in the Isle of Man has been found guilty of murder.

Following the hearing, the Isle of Man Police said: "The killing of Neil Roberts was an extraordinarily violent act by an individual.

"Throughout the trial, Anderson claimed that he is a caring and compassionate man.

"Caring, compassionate people simply do not do to others as Ian Anderson did to Neil Roberts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-32358693

A man who murdered his wife's lover during a fight on the Isle of Man has been jailed for life.

Ian Anderson, 46 and from Castletown, faces at least 15 years for killing Neil Roberts, 60, in December 2013.

Mr Montgomerie told Anderson: "You repeatedly punched, kicked and stamped on your victim until he was dead.

"Many of these injuries were inflicted while Mr Roberts was lying on his back.

"You have not, in my view, expressed any genuine remorse over your actions, there is no doubt that you intended to kill Mr Roberts and it is clear that you significantly delayed alerting the emergency services."

Anderson claimed he was acting in self-defence, adding that he could not remember much of what had happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-32446994

Back