• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

myra manes

Veteran Member
… I’m no longer buying hummus, pita or tabouli salad. Unfortunately, the only places in Edmonton who sell that stuff are Arab shops. Fuck that, fuck them.

Yes, I’m cutting off my nose to spite my face but, I don’t care. I don’t want to even give that group the lousy 12 or 14 bucks a week I used to spend. Fuck them.

There are a couple of Greek restaurants that we can go to when the craving really hits.

… I’m no longer buying hummus, pita or tabouli salad. Unfortunately, the only places in Edmonton who sell that stuff are Arab shops. Fuck that, fuck them.

Yes, I’m cutting off my nose to spite my face but, I don’t care. I don’t want to even give that group the lousy 12 or 14 bucks a week I used to spend. Fuck them.

There are a couple of Greek restaurants that we can go to when the craving really hits.
Would you please clarify your seeming non-sequitur? Is it a statement about the Middle East?

BTW, it's easy and fun to make your own hummus at home, with a Cuisinart or Robot-Coup. Just whirl hot, freshly boiled chickpeas (garbanzos) with a head of peeled garlic cloves, fresh parsley and cilantro, cayenne or chipotle, salt or tamari, the flesh of a few lemons or limes, and as much tahini as you prefer.

Stuff a pita with tons of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes and alfalfa sprouts you've grown in your kitchen, add sliced red onions and pepperoncini or other hots, spoon in a generous helping of the above, now-lukewarm slurry, and have a crunchy , tangy mouthgasm.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Would you please clarify your seeming non-sequitur? Is it a statement about the Middle East?

BTW, it's easy and fun to make your own hummus at home, with a Cuisinart or Robot-Coup. Just whirl hot, freshly boiled chickpeas (garbanzos) with a head of peeled garlic cloves, fresh parsley and cilantro, cayenne or chipotle, salt or tamari, the flesh of a few lemons or limes, and as much tahini as you prefer.

Stuff a pita with tons of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes and alfalfa sprouts you've grown in your kitchen, add sliced red onions and pepperoncini or other hots, spoon in a generous helping of the above, now-lukewarm slurry, and have a crunchy , tangy mouthgasm.

You're welcome.

Muslims were radical long before the US showed up. They want death to all Christian’s and Jews. Period. They’re barbarians. Every other religion just carries on but, muslims … they’re a different breed. Then throw the extremists and it’s just a mess.

Muslims were radical long before the US showed up. They want death to all Christian’s and Jews. Period. They’re barbarians. Every other religion just carries on but, muslims … they’re a different breed. Then throw the extremists and it’s just a mess.
OK, but you said "Arabs". Plenty of them are Christians. In fact, several have told me how their Muslim friends and customers back home were fine, until they became radicalized.

Our CIA had a lot to do with that in many places, such as Iran in 1953, when the CIA deposed the democratically elected Dr. Mossadegh and inserted the vile Shah, which led to the Ayatollah Khomeini coming home to depose the Shah.

The US founders spoke of entangling alliance with no one. Go thou and make yer own hummus. Don't let religious infighting get in the way of healthful gastronomy.

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” ― Blaise Pascal, Pensées

Last edited:
OK, but you said "Arabs". Plenty of them are Christians. In fact, several have told me how their Muslim friends and customers back home were fine, until they became radicalized.

Our CIA had a lot to do with that in many places, such as Iran in 1953, when the CIA deposed the democratically elected Dr. Mossadegh and inserted the vile Shah, which led to the Ayatollah Khomeini coming home to depose the Shah.

The US founders spoke of entangling alliance with no one. Go thou and make yer own hummus. Don't let religious infighting get in the way of healthful gastronomy.

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” ― Blaise Pascal, Pensées
Ok, I’m talking about Arab muslims. Their ideology began long before1953.

Let me guess, next you’re going to tell me they’re a peaceful people.

Back