• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Hurricane scientists have never seen an image like this before

AArtjMB.img

The Atlantic experienced three simultaneous hurricanes in 2010, with Igor, Julia, and Karl all swirling in the basin at the same time. Julia never threatened land, so the NHC didn’t issue a warning for North America. This is the first time that three hurricanes have the potential to make landfall at the same time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...-before/ar-AArtxSw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

@brandi I'm also in Plant City. I'm not sure if you've ever been down here, but it's far enough inland to not be in one of the established evacuation zones for coastal flooding or storm surges.

The bigger concern out here is flooding due to torrential rain, and wind/projectile damage. Also tornados, potentially. Hopefully we'll be alright. The updates keep getting more and more grim.
Strawberries yummmy

Strawberries yummmy

All the strawberries are FUCKED. :hilarious:
[doublepost=1504917556,1504917150][/doublepost]I just got an update on my phone that's scaring the shit out of me.

This storm is no joke.

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=8e0fdeb3e959e654&hl=en&gl=US&source=now

CURRENT THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: Extreme - The wind threat has increased from the previous assessment. - Emergency planning should include a reasonable threat for major hurricane force wind greater than 110 mph of equivalent Category 3 intensity or higher. - To be safe, aggressively prepare for the potential of devastating to catastrophic wind impacts. Efforts should now be underway to secure all properties. - Extremely dangerous and life-threatening wind is possible. Failure to adequately shelter may result in serious injury, loss of life, or immense human suffering. - POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Devastating to Catastrophic - Structural damage to sturdy buildings, some with complete roof and wall failures. Complete destruction of mobile homes. Damage greatly accentuated by large airborne projectiles. Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks or months. - Numerous large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences and roadway signs blown over. - Many roads impassable from large debris, and more within urban or heavily wooded places. Many bridges, causeways, and access routes impassable. - Widespread power and communications outages.

I think i speak for everyone(well everyone worth a damn) when i say, this hurricane couldnt be hitting a better target. Fuck Florida and hopefully, good god damn riddance.

Hopefully the price of my produce doesnt go up TOO much. California dominates Florida on most fruits, but if i gotta pay more for OJ im gonna be pissed.

Oh and how fucking stupid are these idiots fighting for water in stores? Why not fill jugs and shit up from your god damn faucet in preparation insteado f fighting crowds and shortages for over priced bottled junk? Fucking florida hick trash.

I've lived in FL almost my entire life, and a lot of long-time residents are usually somewhat nonchalant about hurricanes, but this one really has people on edge.

Water and gas supplies are already exhausted in a lot of areas. I'm sure it doesn't help the general panic that people JUST saw how deadly hurricanes can be, thanks to Harvey.

All you other SE Demonites, stay safe, and keep an eye out for this storm's track, please. <3

I'm in Central Florida, where there is no water to be found. Went to Wal-mart & Publix this morning and no water, no bread, not even TP!! Luckily we have some supplies and some water jugs we've filled. I'm trying again tomorrow morning. Stay safe this weekend!

You know Zephyrhills water bottling plant is running 24 hours to fill all the orders to Publix and Walmarts. They most likely won't shut the plant down until the last possible moment

Turn your fucking faucet on.
Done that already. The store-bought water is just in case we run out, or if our city's water supply becomes contaminated for any reason after the hurricane. Just planning ahead, Jack, but thanks for the suggestion!

fill up as much water as you can find cap able containers regardless of how silly you think. Good luck, this one is going to be the worst they say in our lifetimes so far There's a 4th forming

fill up as much water as you can find cap able containers regardless of how silly you think. Good luck, this one is going to be the worst they say in our lifetimes so far There's a 4th forming
This is stressful. Preparing my family for this takes a toll. Haven't been able to sleep, hopefully I'll sleep through it lol. And then the other hurricanes as well...take care everyone!<3

Irma has begun hitting Miami. I haven't seen photo or video yet.
Way up here in Yulee, it's dry but very windy.
We lost our dock in Matthew. We just have a skeleton. It's still visible but water is in the marsh.
Mr Valasca's 90 year old grandmother is starting to panic. She is who I am most worried for. She's healthy, but after emergency surgery after a car accident last year, her short term memory is cloudy.
(Edit to add, Miss Iris wasn't the one driving during that accident. )

Another edit.
Here is the current situation of my backyard.
33vbt5x.jpg

Last edited:
Irma’s core is expected to reach the Florida Keys by Sunday morning, with the eye on track to tear between the cities of Key West and Marathon. “THIS IS AS REAL AS IT GETS,” the National Weather Service said. “NOWHERE IN THE FLORIDA KEYS WILL BE SAFE.” The National Hurricane Center warned of “life-threatening surge and wind.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/09/us/hurricane-irma-florida.html

That's a pretty terrifying statement for the National Weather Service to make.

This is stressful. Preparing my family for this takes a toll. Haven't been able to sleep, hopefully I'll sleep through it lol. And then the other hurricanes as well...take care everyone!<3

Be safe! We're riding it out too.

I wavered between staying and bugging out to my parent's house in Mississippi, but staying won out. The traffic and gas issues on top of the uncertainty of not knowing when we could return (or if there was anything to come back to) was too much for me.

We're going to try to secure things as best we can today, and hope for the best.

where you are expect to get ready to get up further north. It's 3 times the size in major form than Fla and now is more aimed towards Tampa side first, go to video here, think keys will get close to wiped out
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/09/us/hurricane-irma-cuba-florida/index.htthey will be losing some hurricane hunters, can understand the science of that & tornadoes but when they get like this they need to be using all electronics. they say unless your house is 15 to 25 feet above sea level to bail

Last edited:
Copy/pasta

All FL people evacuating to the panhandle who can't find or afford a hotel, Baldwin County (near the Florida/Alabama line) just approved to open up a 44000 sq ft building (address is 19477 Fairground Rd, Robertsdale AL. 36547.( 251)947-3247. It has kitchens, bathrooms and will hold 2000 people comfortably and up to 5000 if needed. They also have outside shelters made for pets etc ..they are setting things up and will be open tomorrow for those in need of shelter! PLEASE copy, paste and share.

nothing is wrong with copy pastes & why anyone would drama queen turn it into a major deplorable thing when it works [and seriously keeps me out of trouble most of the time]
much much info and resources on twitter to help people both sides of Fla [and once again keep in mind middle south can and will be hit hard] as well as a ton of numbers for anyone without gas or transportation and shelter info. if you want me to back track & put any up will do [pm me on twitter or store]used to live there and truly expect the areas I did to be totally wiped out. I'm worried about the zoo animals and they always take the no evacuate stance. Feel they better keep a good enough staff there to help

P
where you are expect to get ready to get up further north. It's 3 times the size in major form than Fla and now is more aimed towards Tampa side first, go to video here, think keys will get close to wiped out
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/09/us/hurricane-irma-cuba-florida/index.htthey will be losing some hurricane hunters, can understand the science of that & tornadoes but when they get like this they need to be using all electronics. they say unless your house is 15 to 25 feet above sea level to bail
posted to my FB I have lot friends in Florida

Copy/pasta

All FL people evacuating to the panhandle who can't find or afford a hotel, Baldwin County (near the Florida/Alabama line) just approved to open up a 44000 sq ft building (address is 19477 Fairground Rd, Robertsdale AL. 36547.( 251)947-3247. It has kitchens, bathrooms and will hold 2000 people comfortably and up to 5000 if needed. They also have outside shelters made for pets etc ..they are setting things up and will be open tomorrow for those in need of shelter! PLEASE copy, paste and share.

Last edited:
tell them t get on twitter and go under irma as there are a lot of people doing minute by minute updates of where to go with pets or willing to help people get out of areas and additional resources including food & provisions

There is still water from Harvey in Florida drainage ditches, the ground is thoroughly saturated and canals filled to the brim. Florida is flat with nowhere left for water to go and a 15 foot storm serge expected bringing hell with it.

All of you in it's path, I hope you have found safe shelter from this beast. Sending up prayers and keeping you in my thoughts.
mini-graphics-hearts-351151.gif

Last edited:
The water in my backyard has receded for now.
Tinypic refuses to upload the 35 second video I took.

Thank you all! We've just finished boarding up the windows, got lots of water from the faucet (thanks @JackBurton) as well as bottled, and a 55 gal. reserve not for drinking (the container is not labeled for potable) but good for other things. Got our back up generator & lots of flashlights/batteries since our power company issued a statement that we should be prepared to be without power for at least 1 week after Irma. Now we wait...it's gonna be ok.
[doublepost=1505013093,1505010808][/doublepost]
Be safe! We're riding it out too.

I wavered between staying and bugging out to my parent's house in Mississippi, but staying won out. The traffic and gas issues on top of the uncertainty of not knowing when we could return (or if there was anything to come back to) was too much for me.

We're going to try to secure things as best we can today, and hope for the best.
We decided against leaving for the same reasons. The kids (4 of them ages 12-18) all wanted to go, but I decided not to. Besides, the roof at work has been leaking and since I'm the closest to the office I have to go check after the storm, lol, to see if we can return to work or not. I'm thinking the place will be flooded.
Please stay safe, hopefully it will be over soon!

@Satarah
I hope they are paying you good money for that. Its going to be messy and hard to navigate.
Be careful.

since I'm the closest to the office I have to go check after the storm, lol, to see if we can return to work or not. I'm thinking the place will be flooded.
Please stay safe, hopefully it will be over soon!

Back