• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
Four men who volunteered to rescue Hurricane Harvey flood victims have not been seen since Monday shortly after 3 p.m., when they jumped into the water to avoid electrocution, according to the wife of one of the missing men

Seven people were on the small boat when it launched into the swollen and fast moving Greens Bayou near Wallisville Road and Normandy Street. A Facebook Live video posted to one of their accounts shows them in the boat on the water

As the boat moved into the current, it apparently started to drift towards an electric pole.

According to Perla Jaquez, the wife of one of the missing men, all seven men jumped from the boat to avoid electrocution.

Three of the men were found Tuesday morning clinging to trees. They are currently hospitalized in Houston after being treated for burns

They are identified as: Jose Vizuelt, 30, along with a reporter and photographer from a British media outlet, according to Jaquez. A spokesperson for that outlet could not be reached

The missing:
  • Ben Vizuelt, 31
  • Yahir Vizuelt, 25
  • George Lopez, 31
  • Gustavo Rodriguez-Hernandez, 40
http://abc13.com/2356973/

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US. A couple of million there alone.
[doublepost=1504125561,1504125290][/doublepost]https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-van-family-6-believed-180708875.html
Officials announced on Twitter they have located a van they believe may have belonged to a family of six who was swept away by raging flood waters brought by Hurricane Harvey on Monday.

Manuel Saldivar, 84, and his wife Belia, 81, along with their grandchildren Daisy Saldivar, 6, Xavier Saldivar, 8, Dominic Saldivar, 14, and Devy Saldivar, 16, were allegedly driving across a bridge in Greens Bayou, Texas, in order to escape rising waters when they encountered even more severe flooding.
[....]

Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Ed Gonzalez said officials located the white van in an embankment near Ley Road in Greens Bayou on Wednesday.

Gonzalez said that while the van was originally under about 4 feet of water, it had recently emerged and was now able to be examined further.

The department is working with a local medical examiner's office and a police dive team to identify the bodies.

Today my company sent out a site-wide email advising that they'll be donating $250,000 to (an as-yet unnamed charity doing relief or rehabilitation efforts for) those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

They're also offering a dollar for dollar match for all employee donations.

Sometimes my job really sucks, but I'm glad they're willing and able to help like this. <3

Mr. Knot grew up in Memorial/Bunker Hill. We were watching coverage yesterday and he just shook his head and said "Man, it's just gone. This can't be fixed. They have to start over."

For some reason that really hit me more than anything I have heard on TV. But I fear it is true. Once this water finally recedes, there will be very little that can be salvaged. Houston is our fourth-largest city and it is just decimated.

Brandi and all who are there or have loved ones there-- I am so sorry.

I am so glad you are safe, though!!

Any word from Snoods? Is anyone FB friends with her?
[doublepost=1504178986,1504178715][/doublepost]
I heard on the news that 6 million are effected. IS that right?

Yes, @frizz --

Metro Houston alone is 6.5 million people. I am not sure, but I not think that number includes Rockport/Port Aransas/Galveston.... I think it DOES include Spring/Katy/Woodlands, etc.

But I could be wrong. (Hasn't happened yet ;) )

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-international/Texas-Chemical-Plant-Arkema-Harvey-442317693.html
Two explosions and black smoke were reported at a flooded chemical plant in a small town outside of Houston early Thursday, and the threat of additional explosions remained, according to a statement from the French company that owns the plant.
[....]
There were no immediate details on the extent of or damage from the explosions, which Arkema said the Harris County Emergency Operations Center reported. However, Arkema spokeswoman Janet Smith had told The Associated Press earlier that a fire or explosion at the plant would "resemble a gasoline fire" and would be "explosive and intense in nature."

Earlier, an NBC reporter on assignment in Texas had said on Twitter that she saw "a black plume of smoke" over the plant and that fighters then pushed the crowd about two miles back.

The reporter added that officers close to the plant complained of "headaches and dizziness."

The Harris County Sheriff's Office tweeted that one deputy was taken to the hospital after inhaling fumes and that nine others drove themselves out of caution.
"The smoke inhaled by 10 deputies near plant in Crosby is beloved to be a non-toxic irritant, say company officials," the sheriff's office added.

Warning that the threat of additional explosions remained, Arkema told residents not to return to the evacuation zone until officials determined it was safe.
There was "no way to prevent" the explosion, chief executive Rich Rowe said earlier Wednesday.
[....]
[doublepost=1504185006,1504180904][/doublepost]http://splinternews.com/joel-osteen-says-he-didnt-open-his-church-for-shelter-b-1798623154
After finally opening the doors to his massive Lakewood megachurch on Tuesday, pastor Joel Osteen spent his Wednesday morning doing interviews on a string of morning shows to defend his decision to delay sheltering Houstonians fleeing Hurricane Harvey.
[....]
“I think if people were here, they would realize there were safety issues. This building had flooded before, so we were just being precautious,” he added. “But the main thing is the city didn’t ask us to become a shelter then.”

Osteen’s apology tour comes after days of intense criticism following his initial offer of “prayers” for those affected by the massive storm system. Osteen originally claimed that his massive, 16,000 capacity megachurch was “inaccessible due to severe flooding”—a charge seemingly refuted by social media users who posted multiple pictures of a relatively sedate landscape around the facility.
DIVzwXlXUAA08vj.jpg

[....]
Osteen seemed to understand that it all looked very bad. “I’m sure we’d have done something differently,” he told the Today show, after blaming social media for the “false narrative” surrounding his decision.

Which isn’t to say he would have necessarily acted on that regret.

“I mean, think of the story if we housed a whole bunch of evacuees and the building flooded,” Osteen said. “That wouldn’t have been a good story.”

According to NBC News, the Lakewood megachurch is currently sheltering approximately 300 people.

FB95_IMG951504136452444951504136663375_1504145274632_10453898_ver1_0_160_90.jpg

SIMONTON, Texas - Authorities have recovered the bodies of a Brookshire couple who drove into floodwaters Wednesday afternoon around 12:30 p.m.

One of them was on the phone with 911 asking for help when the phone went dead.

The truck was found submerged in high water, only the roof was visible.

Donald Ray Rogers, 65, and his wife, Rochelle, 58, were making welfare checks on family members in Simonton when they drove into high water, authorities said.

“He was going to make a round, and check on my uncle 'cause we hadn't heard from him, and then help my mom out, and we kept calling him, and no response,” Donald's sister, Thelma Hooker, said.

As the their truck began to sink on Pool Hill Road, it was washed off the road and into a drainage ditch by the current of Bessie Creek

We did receive a 911 call from a female in the vehicle who stated the car was being surrounded by water. The phone disconnected. The dispatcher was then able to call back, but it was too late," Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls said.

Family members are saying their loved ones died because the couple had no warning.

No barricades or roadblocks had been set up by the county to warn of high water.

“I think if we had a roadblock, my uncle would have never went that way,” niece Kemosha Washington said. “There's no road block, and look how many homes out here.”

“This whole county has been dealing with a tremendous amount of rain. We actually ran out of barricades,” Nehls said.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/couple-dies-after-driving-through-simonton-floodwaters
[doublepost=1504187104,1504186062][/doublepost]PIZZA HUT OWNER PASSES OUT PIZZA FROM KAYAKS DURING FLOOD

SUGARLAND, Texas - Not even the floods from Hurricane Harvey could stop a local Pizza Hut from delivering pizzas.

When Shayda Habib went to check on her restaurant in Sugarland, she heard families nearby were trapped in their homes and were running out of food.

"When I heard there were families in need, I knew we needed to act fast," Habib said. "I called my husband and asked him to gather up kayaks and meet me at the restaurant."

With a limited crew, Habib team got to work and prepared as many pizzas as possible.

The crew loaded the pizzas in delivery pouches on kayaks and delivered hot pizzas to hungry families.

Habib said she was fortunate to have the resources to be able to serve the community they live in and love.

"We are so proud of our team for seeing a need, stepping up and helping the community in a time of devastation," Pizza Hut franchisee James Bodenstedt said.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-sugar-land-pizza-hut-delivers-in-floodwaters

Last edited:
Oh man I don't think I cried this much about other people's misfortune in a very very long time, not even when my entire town/half the state/my house flooded last summer. The story about the 3 year old clinging to her dead mother was so heart breaking. All of the stories are heart breaking but that one really got me. Lost for words, just really sad for everyone caught in this shit storm.

INFANT SWEPT AWAY BY FLOOD WATERS IN NEW WAVERLY

NEW WAVERLY, Texas - A baby girl is among the victims of flooding in Texas, swept away after her parents' pickup truck was carried by rushing water off a highway.

"As anyone can imagine, it's been really hard on our guys," said Punkin-Everygreen fire chief Rick Stevens.

Stevens and other volunteers from the Punkins-Evergreen Fire Department had been summoned to assist with another rescue at Winters Bayou when they heard screams for help from the baby's parents, about a hundred feet across the water.

"They were in about 40 feet of water in a tree top," Stevens said. "It took about three hours to get to them."

The couple had managed to get their young daughter out of the pickup, but couldn't hold her against the rushing water.

"They were trying to get to the tree and hold on with the baby and the current swept the baby away," Stevens said.

Stevens said the parents were fleeing Houston, driving Highway 150 during the night with their baby girl, trying to get to Louisiana.

"We do have the mother and the father at a location undisclosed right now," he said.

Late Tuesday firefighters located the pick-up truck, but the baby not yet been found.

The same bayou waters that ripped away the little girl from her parents, showed their force a few miles away when Elizabeth Dahlstrom's fiancé left in his pickup to get tarps for their leaky roof – and was almost swept away himself.

"He was frightened, and he was telling me all about it and he was like, 'Oh, no.' The truck started moving off the road,'" said Dahlstrom.

http://www.khou.com/news/infant-swept-away-in-harvey-floodwaters/469149492
[doublepost=1504188379,1504188341][/doublepost]
Oh man I don't think I cried this much about other people's misfortune in a very very long time, not even when my entire town/half the state/my house flooded last summer. The story about the 3 year old clinging to her dead mother was so heart breaking. All of the stories are heart breaking but that one really got me. Lost for words, just really sad for everyone caught in this shit storm.
AND IT'S NOT EVEN OVER YET :(
[doublepost=1504188646][/doublepost]SGT. STEVE PEREZ FOUND IN FLOOD WATERS

A 34-year veteran of the Houston Police Department drowned in the flood cause by Harvey, police said Tuesday afternoon.

Authorities say Sgt. Steve Perez left his home at 4 a.m. Sunday during heavy rain. Officials said he spent more than two hours trying to get to his command post in the the downtown area, but could not find a path.

As was protocol, he informed his chain of command and tried to get to the closest command post in Kingwood, but got caught in flood waters under an overpass near the Hardy Toll Road and Beltway 8.

Police Chief Art Acevedo said while the Kingwood post was conducting roll call Monday, they noticed Perez was not present. Commanders tried to get in contact with him, but were unsuccessful. They contacted his wife, who said she hadn't seen him since Sunday.

Acevedo said officers began an extensive search with dive teams and members of the Cajun Navy to locate him, but once the dive team arrived to the area, it was too dangerous to conduct a search. Acevedo said they made the decision to wait until morning.

"As much as we wanted to, we knew we couldn't put other officers at risk for what we knew would be a recovery mission," Acevedo said, holding back tears during the emotional press conference.

On Monday morning, officers recovered Perez's body.

Acevedo said he spoke with Perez's wife, who said she asked him not to go in, but understood that her husband was the type of man who felt compelled to help.

http://www.khou.com/weather/harvey/houston-officer-drowns-in-harvey-floodings/468965556

Last edited:
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/118...ermine-when-it-will-restore-water-supply.html
Early Thursday morning, officials of Beaumont, Texas, announced the city lost both the primary and secondary sources for its water supply system.

"Due to rising waters of the Neches River caused by Tropical Storm Harvey, the City of Beaumont has lost service from the main pump station," Beaumont fire rescue captain Brad Penisson said in a statement.

Located near the Louisiana border on the Gulf Coast, the city of nearly 120,000 residents will be without water until after floodwaters recede and officials can analyze the extent of the damage.

"There is no way to determine how long this will take at this time," Penisson said.
[....]
Baptist Beaumont Hospital issued a statement after the city's water system failure, saying it will transfer patients "to other acute care facilities," according to KBMT reporter Ezzy Castro.

"We have no other alternatives but to discontinue all services which will unfortunately include emergency services," the hospital said.

Beaumont police have confirmed two storm-related fatalities as of Wednesday morning.

The Cajun Navy has gone to Texas to join the rescue! My family in Beaumont refuses to leave. My kin folk are stubborn as a Georgia mule.
"Damn gubnment don't tell US what to do!

I'm about 80 miles away in East Texas, and it's bad here...but nowhere near what is happening in the close-by cities of Houston, Beaumont, etc. Yeah, our yard is underwater and we have had some water come in through the chimney and had to work a mop to save the floors, but...My husband and I both are completely pissed that we don't have a boat. If we did, we would be there. Brandi, I'm close by, Babe. If you need anything, let me know.

I would be hate too be there and getting that kind of "the water supply is fucked" message. Absolutely terrifying ... I hope they can get purifying kits to everyone.

Anyone close to me, if you need good water, let me know. Out water is hard and mineral rich, so it tastes like shit...but it's safe. I'll bring you all you need.

Holy shit!

http://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/article_73d344d2-8db2-11e7-8862-4bb7acdbb46c.html
59a72c67e01e6.image.jpg

This was Dam B on Wednesday afternoon, putting out 44,100 cubic feet of water per second. Jasper County Judge Mark Allen said on Wednesday that the inflow coming down the Neches River and into B.A. Steinhagen Lake was approximately 60,000 cubic feet of water per second. Judge Allen said the Corp of Engineers has warned him that they may have to open the dam wide open, meaning massive amounts of water would be flowing down the Neches River towards Evadale, Beaumont, Port Neches, and Groves.
[....]

udge Allen said the Corps of Engineers has informed him that outflow from the dam was increased from 26,000 cubic feet per second on Tuesday to 43,000 on Wednesday morning, and then to 44,100 on Wednesday afternoon.

However, Allen said the Corps is telling him that inflow into Lake Steinhagen is approximately 60,000 cubic feet per second, and he said that it is very likely that the dam will soon have to go to full release status.

Later on Wednesday, Judge Allen issued a mandatory curfew order for low lying areas along the Neches River below Dam B until further notice. The curfew is in effect from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.

They have warned of an 80' crest as a result. :nailbiting:

Last edited:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/29/business/energy-environment/harvey-energy-industry-texas.html
[....]
The damage, detailed in state and federal regulatory filings, is wide ranging: escaping gasoline from a submerged roof at a Phillips 66 storage tank; a sinking tank roof at Exxon Mobil’s vast refinery in Baytown, which resulted in the release of hazardous gases including volatile organic compounds and benzene, above permitted levels; and a lightning strike that disrupted operations and led to toxic-gas releases at a Dow Chemical plant in Freeport.
[....]
Nearly every major Texas and Louisiana refinery has been partly or completely shut down because of damage or for safety reasons, suppressing the daily production of at least 2.6 million barrels of refined petroleum products. At least seven major refineries are out of commission, and Morningstar on Tuesday estimated that 11 more refineries, with a combined capacity to produce 1.3 million barrels per day, risked closing, including the Saudi Aramco-Motiva refinery in Port Arthur, Tex., the nation’s largest.

The port of Houston is closed until at least the end of the week, a major hit to both energy imports and exports. The situation may be far worse in the port of Corpus Christi, which may be crippled for some time since a drill ship broke loose from some tugboats and ran aground in the narrow shipping channel near Port Aransas, perhaps the most threatened choke point on the entire coast. The giant shale oil fields of West Texas have not been affected by the weather, but several long-haul pipelines that take the crude from the Permian Basin to coastal refineries have shut down, and that could eventually force production companies to slow their operations.
[....]
At the Baytown refinery, one of the biggest in the country, workers were racing to empty the tank with the damaged roof and repair the roof itself, Exxon Mobil said in its filing. Phillips 66 said it was drawing down gasoline levels to a minimum at its tank. And Dow said it was taking precautions at its Freeport chemical plant to minimize emissions after the lightning strike.

Separately, at least a dozen facilities were flaring or burning off excess gas that had nowhere to go, because production at the sites had stalled, or because other gas plants in the area had shut down. Flaring from the Baytown refinery, among many others, is emitting excess levels of nitrous oxides.
[....]

It's a much longer article about the "state of readiness" of Texas' oil and gas industry.

There are now very long lines at gas stations in N Texas that actually have gasoline. One lady was number 40-something in line. When she got in line originally the price was $3 and change, but by the time she reached the pump it had shot up to $4 and change. No telling how high it will go before things level out.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-houston-harvey-bodies-20170831-story.html

Sheldra Brigham, a Fire Department spokeswoman, said the crews will not mark unoccupied homes with Xs, the notorious "Katrina Crosses" spray-painted across the front of stricken houses after that deadly storm.

"It alerts the wrong people that no one is there," Brigham said, explaining that the Xs could attract looters or squatters.

The search crews will use a new GPS tracking system to record and map what they find, Brigham said. The process could take weeks.

This is just the last bit of a much longer article. It wasn't being very cooperative to cut and paste.
[doublepost=1504213646,1504212554][/doublepost]http://fox59.com/2017/08/30/spider-man-visits-with-harvey-victims-at-houston-shelter/

As flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey drives thousands of people from their homes across southeast Texas, more and more people are filling shelters across the Houston area.

Stef Manisero, a reporter at Spectrum News Austin, shared video of Spider-Man visiting with Harvey victims at the George R. Brown Emergency Center in Houston on Tuesday. She wrote:

“Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man making kids smile at the GRB.”

You do what you can do, and everything helps, especially helps all the children that are displaced, superheroes are loved by all.

This is a good time for them good ole boys with the john boats and 4 wheelers to make themselves useful.

You can't wait for government to save you, you have to help yourself if you can and then help others while you're at it. That's the only way this is going to be cleaned up, people helping each other, cause at this point in time,you are all the same, up to your neck in muddy water.

So far people are not disappointing, they are rising to the challenge and getting it done.

We won't talk about the ones that are disappointing.

<3

Four bakers who became trapped in their bakery for two days in the wake of Hurricane Harvey made hundreds of loaves of bread to give to flood victims.

The workers from the El Bolillo Bakery in Houston, Texas, used up nearly 2,000kg of flour to bake bread and pan dulce, Mexican sweet bread, throughout the night and day after they were left stranded by the floods over the weekend.

The four bakers had been working on a late shift when they realised they could not leave the shop because of the level of water on the streets.

Three of the four bakers who were trapped inside the El Bolillo Bakery for two days because of the floods in Houston and made hundreds of loaves for flood victims. (El Bolillo Bakery)

To take their minds off worrying about their family and friends, they decided to continue to bake for those affected by the devastating downpours.

The Mexican bakery, which specialises in Mexican cakes and patisseries, had remained dry and had not been cut off from electricity so the bakers were able to work throughout the night and the following day.

Brian Alvarado, the manager of the shop on South Wayside Drive, told The Independent: "When they realised they were stuck, they decided to keep themselves busy and help the community and made as many loaves of bread as they could.

"By the time the owner managed to get to them, they had made so much bread that we took the loaves to loads of emergency centres across the city for people affected by the floods.

"We didn't count exactly how many loaves they made, but they used 4,400 pounds [1,996kg] of flour."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ms-houston-texas-el-bolillo-a7921106.html?amp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000837347/article/jj-watt-raises-13m-in-hurricane-harvey-relief

On Thursday afternoon, Watt announced the drive has raised more than $12 million in donations. He passed the $13 million mark on Thursday night.

"We started out on Sunday with a goal of raising $200,000. Just now, we've surpassed the $10 million mark. I'm going to leave the link open and see how much get it," Watt said.

"I can't say thank you enough -- celebrities musicians, athletes, kids with their lemonade stands, people hosting fundraisers, business donating -- I cannot thank everybody enough. What's happening right now is my focus very much on getting this directly back to the people as I've said the whole time. We have the semi-trucks being filled up as we speak, coming down here to donate the supplies this weekend -- that's Phase One. It'll be the first phase of our operation to get an immediate of an impact as we can. We have things like water, food, clothing, generators, baby supplies, cleaning supplies. If there's something I'm not thinking of, please leave it in the comments because we want to make sure we get these people exactly what we need so we help rebuild as quickly as we can. Houston, we're thinking of you. Thank you to everybody who's donated."

I absolutely love jj watt..
[doublepost=1504271409,1504271200][/doublepost]
HARRIS CONUTY, Texas - A 25-year-old man was arrested after authorities said he was found hiding in a locked bathroom of a liquor store in the 3000 block of FM 1960 on Aug. 30.

Abdu Wiley was arrested and charged with burglary of a business during a natural disaster.

Authorities said they arrived at Capri Liquor after reports of a burglary.

Deputies arrived within one minute of the call and found the glass front door shattered, according to authorities.

They then found Wiley in the bathroom.

Wiley's bond was set at $15,000.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-response-time-under-1-minute-authorities-say
[doublepost=1504271560][/doublepost]33 FLOOD RELATED DEATHS SO FAR

(6) The bodies of six family members were found in a submerged van Wednesday afternoon. Two great-grandparents -- Manuel Saldivar, 84, and Belia Saldivar, 81 -- along with 16-year-old Devorah, 14-year-old Dominic, 8-year-old Xavier Saldivar and 6-year-old Daisy Saldivar were found inside the van near Greens Bayou.

(7) The body of Alexander Kwoksum Sung, 64, was discovered at 915 College Ave. in South Houston on Aug. 27 around 2:30 p.m. Officials said he was found at his workplace surrounded by debris. Officials said Sung drowned in the floodwaters.

(8) Batool Qasem, 76, was found floating in floodwater near a vehicle at 7 Warrenton Dr. on Aug. 26 around 9:15 p.m.

(9) Travis Lynn Callihan, 45, got out of his vehicle and fell into floodwaters. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital Memorial City where he was pronounced dead.

(10) Agnes Stanley, 89, was found floating in four feet of floodwater inside a home at 4311 Meyerwood Dr. on Aug. 27 around 10:30 a.m.

(11) HPD Sgt. Steve Albert Perez was found by the Houston Police Department dive team submerged in over 14 feet of water on Aug. 29 around 9 a.m. His body was found at 800 North Sam Houston Parkway.

(12) A man was found floating in high water near 7414 Claiborne Street on Aug. 29 around 11 a.m. Authorities said he drowned.

(13) A 42-year-old man was found face down in a parking lot on Aug. 29 around 11 a.m. after floodwaters receded near the intersection of the East Freeway and Holland Avenue. Authorities said he drowned.

(14) A 54-year-old man was found in a grassy area near 13401 East Freeway on Aug. 29 around 12:30 p.m. Authorities said he drowned.

(15) Witnesses said Andre Pasek, 25, stepped on a live electrical wire in floodwaters at 1861 Old Spanish Trail. He dies of electrocution, authorities said.

(17) Jorge Raul Perez, 33, and Yahir Rubio-Vizuet, 45, were found floating in floodwater near 12800 Texaco Road on Aug. 29 around 3:45 p.m. Authorities said they drowned.

(18) A 65-year-old man drowned in floodwaters near 4903 Airline Dr. His body was found around 10 a.m. on Aug. 27.

(19) A man's body was found in Greens Bayou in Baytown near 2651 S. Hwy. 146 on Aug. 31 around 12:35 p.m.

(20) The body of Wilma Ratcliff Ellis, 73, was found floating during a Coast Guard search and rescue operation on Aug. 28 around 6:30 p.m.

(21) The body of Ruben Clifford Jordan, 58, was found floating in floodwaters near 3000 W. Bay Area Blvd. on Aug. 29 around 12:30 p.m.

(22) On Aug. 28 around 1 a.m., the body of a man was found in an alleyway after floodwaters receded near 507 Arkansas St.

(23) The body of Martin Salazar, 49, was found in a ditch near 5125 Preston Ave. on Aug. 30 around 2:45 p.m. Authorities said he was attempting to evacuate his residence in Pasadena.

(24) The body of Michael Tucker, 66, was found floating in four feet of water near 6820 FM 1942 in Baytown. Authorities said he died after leaving his residence.

(25) A 32-year-old woman was found on a fence after floodwaters receded near 12473 Woodforest Blvd. on Aug. 30 around 8:30 a.m.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences confirmed these deaths and is investigating 7 more deaths that may be flood-related.

Fort Bend County flood-related deaths (2):
Two people drowned after driving into high water on Pool Hill Road near Simonton, the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office said. Fort Bend County Sheriff's Maj. Chad Norvell says the couple was on the phone with 911 asking for help when the line went silent. When officers found the truck, it was completely submerged.

Norvell identified the couple as 65-year-old Donald Rogers and 58-year-old Rochelle Rogers.

Galveston County flood-related deaths (3):
Three people were killed. Officials have not released the identity of the victims.

Montgomery County flood-related deaths (3):
Two people have been killed due to flooding.

A woman was killed by a tree while she was sleeping in her home, officials said.

Officials said a person drowned after driving around a barricaded area.

The identity of the victims have not been released.

A third person died, but authorities have not released any information.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/officials-confirm-first-death-related-to-houston-floods
[doublepost=1504271637][/doublepost]
Oh shit... I'm WAY close to Dam B. Not good. Not good at all.
well, now you can let me know if you need anything! <3
[doublepost=1504271865][/doublepost]NO ACTUAL GAS SHORTAGE, HYSTERIA CREATED BY SOCIAL MEDIA

HOUSTON - Signs of Hurricane Harvey's ripple effect showed up at some gas stations Thursday. They read: "no gas."

"I've got to go somewhere else, I guess," said Crystal Montez, whose gas gauge was on E.

As word spread throughout the day of some dry pumps, concerns grew and so did lines.

Harvey's power caused havoc in the Gulf of Mexico region, shutting down refineries, offshore drilling and pipelines. That prompted heavy demand both before and after the storm.

So is there a gas shortage?

"There is no sign of a physical shortage yet," said Dan McTeague, senior analyst at GasBuddy.com. "I think it's more of a logistical problem."

It is a sentiment that Railroad Commissioner Ryan Sitton echoed.

He said he understands that it is scary for people.

Sitton said even if those refineries were able to produce the 2 million barrels of gas per day they usually do, the current issues would exist.

Sitton said that some gas stations are running out of fuel due to a "social media-driven hysteria."

Sitton said what’s happening is, after people see posts on social media, they are rushing to get gas at stations and draining their supply

Most gas stations have scheduled deliveries, based on average use-per-day. So if a gas station runs out it may be without gas until its next scheduled delivery, but it will get gasoline.

Right now, 15 of the approximately 30 refineries in Texas are either out of commission or at diminished capacity because of Harvey. Most of those should be fully operational in the next two to five weeks.

Sitton is calling the gas issue a logistical issue, not a supply one. It’s simply been difficult to get tankers out to gas stations across the state because of the weather and road conditions
https://www.click2houston.com/consu...ia-driven-hysteria-texas-rr-commissioner-says

I absolutely love jj watt..
[doublepost=1504271409,1504271200][/doublepost]

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-response-time-under-1-minute-authorities-say
[doublepost=1504271560][/doublepost]33 FLOOD RELATED DEATHS SO FAR

https://www.click2houston.com/news/officials-confirm-first-death-related-to-houston-floods
[doublepost=1504271637][/doublepost]
well, now you can let me know if you need anything! <3
[doublepost=1504271865][/doublepost]NO ACTUAL GAS SHORTAGE, HYSTERIA CREATED BY SOCIAL MEDIA

https://www.click2houston.com/consu...ia-driven-hysteria-texas-rr-commissioner-says
I've always liked JJ Watt, despite being a Cowboys fan. He consistently surprises people who are doing good things and sick children with hospital visits, minus cameras following him.

His goal was $200k and it's above $13M now. Just unreal. The Patriots being one large donor.

After donating to his fund, I went and bought two Watt jerseys. This season I'll be putting down my tried and true blue and wearing Texan red on game day.

I'd love to see the NFL match his donation!

@brandi i was watching you on FB and am so happy that you and @Satanica (who's already been thru enough) are alright!

Now if we could hear from @Snoods and all demons in the aftermath.....

I've always liked JJ Watt, despite being a Cowboys fan. He consistently surprises people who are doing good things and sick children with hospital visits, minus cameras following him.

His goal was $200k and it's above $13M now. Just unreal. The Patriots being one large donor.

After donating to his fund, I went and bought two Watt jerseys. This season I'll be putting down my tried and true blue and wearing Texan red on game day.

I'd love to see the NFL match his donation!

@brandi i was watching you on FB and am so happy that you and @Satanica (whose already been thru enough) are alright!

Now if we could hear from @Snoods and all demons in the aftermath.....
I'M SERIOUSLY WORRIED ABOUT SNOODS.

I'M SERIOUSLY WORRIED ABOUT SNOODS.
Im not worried yet. She works at an animal shelter. Over my 22 year span at animal control during fires, floods and the big northridge ca earth quake, i worked 18 to 20 hour shifts. Only catching naps in corners at the shelter. Im hoping she is just working her ass off.

Im not worried yet. She works at an animal shelter. Over my 22 year span at animal control during fires, floods and the big northridge ca earth quake, i worked 18 to 20 hour shifts. Only catching naps in corners at the shelter. Im hoping she is just working her ass off.
That puts me at ease a bit. Do you know the name of the shelter?

Latest posts

Back