• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
I tried searching a bunch, sorry if it's a dupe. Lots of info and some go back to the original story.
2a6t3pl.jpg

Lafayette Police have discovered a connection between the body that was found in a tool box yesterday afternoon and the naked trespasser that was shot and killed Friday on Fanny Street.

Yesterday, the body of Alannah L. Montalvo, 23, of Lafayette, was discovered in a tool box around 4 p.m. in the 300 block of S. Wilderness Trail.

Police say Montalvo was in a relationship with 36-year-old Barrett Farabee II, who was thesuspect killed in the 100 block of Fanny Street on Friday.

Farabee is believed to be the person responsible for Montalvo’s death, based on forensic evidence and statements obtained during the course of both investigations, officials say.

On Friday morning, investigators explain Farabee was naked and trespassing when he pulled two guns out of his shoes, threatening the homeowner.

Police say the homeowner shot and killed Farabee after pulling the guns on him a second time.
http://klfy.com/2016/09/21/body-found-in-tool-box-connected-to-fanny-street-shooting/

The Lafayette Police Department has confirmed Montalvo's body was found dismembered in a toolbox. Out of respect for the family of the victim, the condition of the body will not be elaborated upon by the police department. Officials were already investigating the whereabouts of Montalvo when a tip was forwarded through the Duson Police Department to the Lafayette Police Department. The information led to the discovery of the body and the connection between the suspect and the victim.
http://m.kmov.com/article.html#!/116862/e77654c32943a3369f2fe67217fcad84

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...dy-found-toolbox-s-wilderness-trail/90763018/

How awful. Every story I have read today has been beyond fucked up. We as a society need to do fucking better but....what else is new?

The Lafayette Police Department has confirmed Montalvo's body was found dismembered in a toolbox. Out of respect for the family of the victim, the condition of the body will not be elaborated upon by the police department. Officials were already investigating the whereabouts of Montalvo when a tip was forwarded through the Duson Police Department to the Lafayette Police Department. The information led to the discovery of the body and the connection between the suspect and the victim.

First off...how big was that toolbox to be able to fit a body. Secondly, I think this ^^^ was a big wth on the part of the police. Not elaborating on the body's condition? You morons already said dismembered, is that not elaborate enough??

First off...how big was that toolbox to be able to fit a body. Secondly, I think this ^^^ was a big wth on the part of the police. Not elaborating on the body's condition? You morons already said dismembered, is that not elaborate enough??

No shit. That's what I was thinking. Her body was dismembered in a fucking tool box. Is that not fucked up enough???
I don't want to say it can't get any worse tho, because usually as soon as I do something totally off the wall comes out!

There is a picture of a tool box similar to the one she was found in in the original news story. Its pretty big, he didn't even have to dismember her to fit her in there (my husband has the same one and I could easily fit in it...hope I don't end up in it tho). Poor girl was pretty, I feel horrible for her family.

In 2007, he was charged with possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, possession of a firearm in the presence of controlled dangerous substances, monetary instrument abuse, manufacture/possession of a bomb, possession of MDMA, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

In addition, court records show Lafayette police responded to a theft complaint at the Sears parking lot at the Acadiana Mall in November 2005.

Police spoke to Farabee, who was a suspect in the theft. A search of Farabee’s vehicle yielded 42 grams of meth, 78 Xanbars, 19 Xanax, $8,145 in U.S. currency, three loaded handguns, 1 pistol grip shotgun and 1 mini-14 223 caliber rifle.

Authorities also found “several pages of information containing step by step how to instruction on making methamphetamine.”

According to an affidavit, Farabee said all of the weapons were his, except for one handgun. He admitted the Xanax was his, but said only a small amount of the meth was his.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...dy-found-toolbox-s-wilderness-trail/90763018/

2u8fec0.jpg

"Out of respect for the family of the victim, the condition of the body will not be elaborated upon by the police department."

If this sentence was meant to forestall further curiosity, the department has grandly failed. My impression is that besides being dismembered, the body was grotesquely mutilated, or shows clear evidence of torture.

Considering we have a naked suspect running around on someone else's property, with guns in his shoes, (?!:confused:o_O:bored::nailbiting:) I'm willing to bet some psycho/flakka shit happened.

If this sentence was meant to forestall further curiosity, the department has grandly failed. My impression is that besides being dismembered, the body was grotesquely mutilated, or shows clear evidence of torture.
Think you hit the nail on the head. One of the articles mentions a previous assault from last year:

Court documents show that Farabee was arrested last year for beating another woman. According to the bill of information filed in the 15th Judicial District, Farabee was charged with second-degree battery, inflicting serious body harm causing unconsciousness and "obvious disfigurement." The charge was reduced to disturbing the peace after he pleaded guilty in a case presided by district Judge Patrick Michot.

The victim filed a protective order two days after his arrest. Farabee was sentenced to 90 days in jail.

What I wonder is who phoned in the tip on her body location and how are they involved? At first I thought someone must have just phoned in a "this guy who lives on xxxx street is suspicious" type tip. Then I read they found her in a forested area. Whoever phoned it in obviously had knowledge of her being there.

After receiving a tip, Lafayette police officers located the body inside a "medium-sized toolbox with wheels" in a wooded area near S. Wilderness Trail, Lafayette Police Department spokesman Cpl. Bridgett Dugas said.

'...charged with second-degree battery, inflicting serious body harm causing unconsciousness and "obvious disfigurement." '

And the above was reduced to disturbing the peace? May I never be forced to seek justice in court.

'...charged with second-degree battery, inflicting serious body harm causing unconsciousness and "obvious disfigurement." '

And the above was reduced to disturbing the peace? May I never be forced to seek justice in court.
I wondered if that might be one of the reasons they don't want to disclose what happened to her. If she was disfigured or mutilated and it came out that he'd done it before but had been able to plea down like this, it wouldn't have looked very good for anyone involved.

Latest posts

Back