• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2mchbfc.jpg
Villagers sit in silent protest under the bodies of two teenage sisters hanging from a tree in India. Authorities in northern India have arrested four men, including two police officers, suspected of gang-raping and hanging the teenagers.
29277ef.jpg

Villagers gather around the bodies of two teenage sisters who were raped and hanged in the Katra village of Uttar Pradesh state, India.​
A group of men, including at least two police officers, raped and killed two teenage sisters in rural India then hung their bodies from a mango tree, authorities said Thursday, announcing the arrests of four men.
Villagers found the girls' bodies hanging from the tree Wednesday morning
[....]
from fields near their home in Katra village in Uttar Pradesh state, police Superintendent Atul Saxena said. The girls, who were 14 and 15, had gone into the fields because there was no toilet in their home.

Hundreds of angry villagers stayed next to the tree for the rest of Wednesday, silently protesting alleged police inaction in the case.
[...]
showed the villagers sitting under the girls' bodies as they swung in the wind, and preventing authorities from taking them down from the tree until the suspects were arrested.
[....]
Police arrested the four men later in the day and were searching for three more suspects.

Autopsies confirmed the girls had been gang-raped and strangled before being hanged,
[...]
The villagers accused the chief of the local police station of ignoring a complaint by the girls' father
[...]
that the girls were missing. The station chief has since been suspended.

The family belongs to the Dalit community, also called "untouchables" and considered the lowest rung in India's age-old caste system.

India tightened its anti-rape laws last year, making gang rape punishable by the death penalty, even in cases where the victim survives. The new laws came after the fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old woman on a moving bus in New Delhi that triggered nationwide protests.
Records show a rape is committed every 22 minutes in India, a nation of 1.2 billion people. Activists say that number is low because of an entrenched culture of tolerance for sexual violence, which leads many cases to go unreported. Women are often pressed by family or police to stay quiet about sexual assault, experts say, and those who do report cases are often subjected to public ridicule or social stigma.

Last month, the head of Uttar Pradesh state's governing party, the regionally prominent Samajwadi Party, told an election rally that the party was opposed to the law calling for gang rapists to be executed.

"Boys will be boys," Mulayam Singh Yadav said. "They make mistakes."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...g-teens-india-article-1.1809604#ixzz338UzFIZz

This is one of those stories that makes me thank god every morning for being born in the good ol' USofA. Not saying all other countries devalue women like India apparently does, but knowing I don't have to worry about something like this happening to me makes it a little easier to look past the corrupted govt/high unemployment rate/etc that you hear so many people griping about.

It was nice to see that at least some of the villagers are intent on trying to seek justice for these poor girls

A gang of men - including at least one police officer - allegedly raped and killed two teenage sisters in rural India then hung their bodies from a tree, authorities said today.

Villagers found the girls, aged 14 and 15, hanging in a mango tree hours after they disappeared near their home in Katra village in Uttar Pradesh state.

They had gone into fields because there was no toilet in their home.

Hundreds of angry villagers crowded around the tree for the rest of the day, silently protesting alleged police inaction in the case.
[...]

In this latest incident, Indian TV footage showed the villagers sitting under the girls' bodies as they swung in the wind, preventing authorities from taking them down until the suspects were arrested.

Amid conflicting reports, police are believed to have arrested four men later in the day and were searching for three more suspects.

Some reports said a police officer was among those arrested. Others said two were detained.

It was also reported that just one person had been apprehended.
[...]

Autopsies confirmed the girls had been gang-raped and strangled before being hanged, police Superintendent Atul Saxena said.

The villagers accused the chief of the local police station of ignoring a complaint by the girls' father on Tuesday night when they went missing.

Three policemen have been removed from duty for not registering cases when the girls were reported missing.

The family belongs to the Dalit community, also called 'untouchables' and considered the lowest rung in India's age-old caste system.
[...]

Last month, the head of Uttar Pradesh state's governing party, the regionally prominent Samajwadi Party, told an election rally that the party was opposed to the law calling for gang rapists to be executed.

'Boys will be boys,' Mulayam Singh Yadav said. 'They make mistakes.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-mango-tree-gang-raped-Indian-village.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0c73b0-e6fe-11e3-a70e-ea1863229397_story.html

'Boys will be boys'? Yeah , you know what it's like, cant go a week without one of the guys raping and hanging young girls for fun.

Poor girls, this world is sick and getting sicker.

You know shit is bad somewhere when a gathering of protestors look completely unfazed by the dead bodies hanging from a tree... I find it interesting that all the women in the photos are sitting down, as if they are mourning the loss of these innocent lives, while the men stand around chit chatting and staring at the photographer. Speaks volumes, to me, about the value they place on the lives of women in their country...

Fucked up culture

Rape victim's mother attacked in northern India
In the incident in Etawah, five men — including the father, a brother and a cousin of the man accused in the rape — followed the victim's mother away from her house and beat her relentlessly on Monday, demanding she drop the accusation, said Dinesh Kumar, the town's police superintendent. The mother was in critical condition in a local hospital, with numerous broken bones and internal injuries.

Police arrested three men on Thursday and were looking for two others in connection with that attack.

Indian authorities have become increasingly aggressive about rape accusations since 2012, when a 23-year-old woman was fatally gang-raped on a moving bus in New Delhi, sparking widespread protests.
The attack of the mother this week in the town of Etawah in Uttar Pradesh state followed the May 11 rape of her teenage daughter. A local man was arrested after the woman filed a complaint with authorities.

I don't understand this culture. Not only the rape thing, but wouldn't it be more respectful to cut those girls down before throwing a block party under their swinging corpses?

I don't understand this culture. Not only the rape thing, but wouldn't it be more respectful to cut those girls down before throwing a block party under their swinging corpses?

They spoke for the girls in their own and best way

Hundreds of angry villagers stayed next to the tree for the rest of Wednesday, silently protesting alleged police inaction in the case.
[...]
showed the villagers sitting under the girls' bodies as they swung in the wind, and preventing authorities from taking them down from the tree until the suspects were arrested.
[....]

The article stated the villagers wouldn't allow police to remove the bodies until the suspects were found - I think they're guarding the area. And that also MIGHT explain why the men are standing instead of sitting, they're guarding.

Ok...so is this a case of not racial prejudice but class? Like the Lord land owner that mistreats his peasants or the man of the house raping the chamber maids? Is that what's happening here? That they see females of this class as nothing and they can treat them however they like?
Lots of question marks...

That picture is awful. I hope all that were involved do indeed get the death penalty. Stoning sounds good to me.

Different country, but did anyone read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini? He also wrote "The Kite Runner".

So glad I was born here.

Those poor women in that country fuck those men I hope they come back as goats in the next life in the valley's of Africa where they bang goats to get their rocks off!

Well there's one place crossed off my bucket list I would be arrested and sentenced to death for murder if anyone tried some shit like that on me or in front of me.

This is one of those stories that makes me thank god every morning for being born in the good ol' USofA.

Interesting. It makes me grateful to have been born in Europe. :shrug: Some of the stories that are coming out of the US in the aftermath of Elliot Rodger's rampage make me cringe. And several of the court cases involving minor victims of rape or sexual abuse that have been reported on here in the last year, too..... I guess it is all a question of perspective, and there is no doubt women are better of in the US than they are in India.

I think if you were born in any country
other then the ones that stone women, or allow them to give birth then give them 100 lashes before executing them
your damned lucky
every country and every city has crime
Im in Canada and the city Im in theres a very low crime rate
over 300,000 people and yet we can go 3-4 years and no murders
so as long as its not a sharia law enforced place Im happy to have been born here

Different country, but did anyone read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini? He also wrote "The Kite Runner".

So glad I was born here.

My daughter had to read The Kite Runner for freshman English, she told me the summary and it was just heartbreaking. I read so much depravity here & on the news...when it comes to reading for pleasure I want something that let's me have rainbows and happiness, I had to pass on it.

When we get angry at the government or Obama...I think of stories like these & think, it could be so much worse. I've mentioned on here my sisters kids are in Saudi Arabia & she can't get them back, her daughters will probably never get here just because of the laws against women.

Interesting. It makes me grateful to have been born in Europe. :shrug: Some of the stories that are coming out of the US in the aftermath of Elliot Rodger's rampage make me cringe. And several of the court cases involving minor victims of rape or sexual abuse that have been reported on here in the last year, too..... I guess it is all a question of perspective, and there is no doubt women are better of in the US than they are in India.
My husband and I literally just had a conversation about this yesterday. That basically things aren't perfect but anywhere with western views is at least open minded enough to allow choice.

"Boys will be boys" eh? Really..... its like saying "What? it was only RAPE" FUCKING Sick and Twisted! I am so full of rage after reading this......I need some damned whiskey

The article stated the villagers wouldn't allow police to remove the bodies until the suspects were found - I think they're guarding the area. And that also MIGHT explain why the men are standing instead of sitting, they're guarding.
Thanks, still weird though.
Still freakin' creepy.

Back