• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
i so needed cuteness today. tysvm <3
i just wish i could have pets in my apartment without having to pay hundreds to my landlords or as adoption fees.
i still say it would be a win win to pair a shelter animal with a non violent homeless person and put them both in a low income dwelling. many homeless people just need something to care abt and something or someone to care abt them. lol but that's prob me being a heartless cunt right

http://cw33.com/2018/01/28/dallas-shelter-dog-headed-to-animal-planets-puppy-bowl/
[....]
Ruby, formerly known as Lucy, is getting her 15 minutes of fame because this local Dallas pup is headed to Animal Planet's very own Puppy Bowl!
DSy5hKqU8AEtw6T.jpg

[....]
Ruby came into DAS as a stray when she was only 5 to 6 weeks old, but now things are looking up for this pooch! Not only is she in it to win it at the Puppy Bowl, but she also has a new owner and a new place to call home!

"I don't know necessarily that I was rescuing her, but I know she was rescuing me," Ruby's owner Patti Bryan said.

Ruby and her dog mom both had a rough go of it in life, but finding each other seemed meant to be. "One of our sons died last year from complications of a seizure, and he was 33," Bryan explained. "I needed someone to talk to that didn't talk back and I needed that unconditional love. It was just like divine intervention. We took to each other immediate."
DUpau-VVoAA-9fu.jpg

[....]
Ruby is living the doggone life! Bryan added, "It just goes to show you, you can be down and out and lost and still have fun in life!"

1701300939711.jpeg

Mango is the first international contender on the show and is making headlines. He was rescued off the streets of Mexico in horrible conditions as a six-week old pup and then rehabilitated in our rescue center south of the border before making the trip north.

We were thrilled when Animal Planet called and wanted to have one of our Mexican rescue dogs appear in the Puppy Bowl” says Christi Camblor, CWOB co-founder. “ I know right away that Mango would be a perfect fit, his story is so typical of all those dogs we help south of the border”

Animal Planet came down to Mexico and filmed when we headed down to transport Mango up to California. They will be featuring a “pup close and personal” segment on him and our work during the Puppy Bowl.

While filming the Puppy Bowl in New York, one of the women on the set fell madly in love and ended up adopting Mango. He now regularly goes for walks in Central Park, enjoys family vacations to the snow, and has his own extensive wardrobe to keep him warm during the chilly winter months.

From the hard streets of Mexico to the big set of the Puppy Bowl to a loving home in Manhattan, Mango’s is truly a wags to riches story. We are so grateful to be able to share it with the world!

Back