• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
OMAHA, Neb. -- A man’s journey to get a new heart took him through a Nebraska blizzard. First responders fought terrible conditions overnight Tuesday to get Dan Griffin of Elba to the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, which is about a 150-mile trip.

Griffin suffered a heart attack 13 years ago that eventually led doctors to put a blood pumping device in his heart in July 2014. He’d been on the heart transplant list for more than a year.

According to KMTV, Tuesday at midnight, the Griffins got a call that a new heart for him would be coming to Omaha. The problem is Elba and the Grand Island area had at least 15 inches of snow dumped on them with 50 mph winds. . .

Continued: http://fox4kc.com/2016/02/06/emerge...-man-can-reach-hospital-for-heart-transplant/

Nebraska fucking sucks.

Kinda their job. But yeah, good work.
Yeah, its their job. But, People fail at their jobs everyday. This collective bunch did their jobs and did it perfect. there wasn't any room for error here and plenty of conditions that could have caused problems.

I say Hooray for them and for Dan Griffin.

I lived in Nebraska in 1986, when I was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base. It was one of the most wonderful places I've ever lived. All the people were really happy and friendly, like, everywhere I went. I've never experienced anything like it before or since.

The Pacific Northwest still feels like home to me, but my time in Nebraska was great. I don't know if the entire state is like that, or what. But the people were happy.

I don't know if the entire state is like that

It's not. In fact, i'd say your experiences with Omaha is quite bizarre. That's a pretty shitty city with a lot of shitty people honestly. Cool zoo though.

Nebraska blows.

Back