• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kalehue

Trusted Member
513-LIVE_p0327_27a1ceres1.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.jpg
909-LIVE_p0327_27a1mesiti.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.jpg
316-LIVE_p0327_27a1ceres2.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.jpg

Police remained tight-lipped about an investigation into a body found buried in a home's back yard as details emerged about a missing teenage girl who once lived there.

Authorities unearthed the body Wednesday at the home in the 3500 block of Alexis Court in Ceres. Alycia Mesiti was 14 years old and living with her father and older brother at the home when she disappeared in August 2006.

Ceres police have said Alycia was having trouble adjusting to life in the valley when her family moved there several months before she disappeared.

The home's owners said the family moved there without the girl's mother, and school officials confirmed that the girl was attending high school in Santa Cruz while her father and brother lived in Ceres. It was unclear where she was living at the time.

Police said Thursday that the body may be connected to the missing girl, but authorities could not confirm that Friday. Police would not say Friday whether the body had been identified.

"I do not want to answer that question at this time," said Deputy Police Chief Mike Borges. "We do not want to alert anyone who might be responsible for this death."

No other details are expected until Monday.

Police would not say whether they had identified any suspects, whether they had contacted anyone who might have lived at the home and whether they had determined the gender of the body.

The Bee called members of Alycia's extended family in Santa Cruz and San Jose on Friday, but they declined to comment.

Some people who had met Alycia spoke about her and her family Friday.

In December 2005, Alycia, her father and her brother moved to the Alexis Court home owned by Mercedes Macias and Sergio Ponce. The owners said the family rented the house. The family previously had lived in San Jose.

Macias said the girl's mother was not around when the family moved in. She said she was told that the mother was supposed to move in, but that never happened.

Macias and Ponce did not know whether the girl's parents were separated or in the process of a divorce. Macias said Alycia's brother was two years older than his sister, and the two teens were well-behaved.

"She was a nice little girl, and she walked to the nearby park with her little Chihuahua," Macias said. "She would sometimes drop off the rent check for her father."

On Sept. 15, 2005, Alycia's father had enrolled her at Central Valley High School, but she never attended, said Jay Simmonds, Ceres Unified School District spokesman.

District officials on Oct. 6, 2005, received a request for Alycia's school records from Harbor High School in Santa Cruz, saying she was attending school there. Santa Cruz City School District officials did not return phone calls Friday afternoon.

It was unclear where Alycia was living while she attended school in Santa Cruz, but police have said she was living in Ceres when she went out of town for a weekend trip in August 2006 and never returned.

On Aug. 11, 2006, Alycia returned to San Jose to spend the weekend with a friend, police have said.

On Aug. 13, she called her family to say she had gone camping with other friends, but would not tell her family who the friends were or where she had gone. That was the last time anyone heard from her. She was reported missing Aug. 16.

Family left home in December '06

Ponce said Alycia's family had a one-year rental agreement that expired Dec. 31, 2006, the day they moved out. He said Alycia's father barely mentioned his daughter's disappearance.

"He didn't say a lot about it," Ponce said. "He kind of looked upset and stressed out. He said they wanted to move back to the Bay Area."

The homeowners said they did not know where Alycia's father and her brother moved.

Two tenants have rented the Ceres home since then, Ponce said. The home has been vacant since the fall.

Judy Charlton, who lives across the street, said she remembers seeing Alycia in front of the home, but she did not remember seeing the girl's parents.

"(The residents in the neighborhood) didn't even know a girl was missing," Charlton said Friday. "I find it extremely strange that a girl was missing and we didn't see anyone, the family or police, knocking on doors looking for this girl."

Ceres Police Chief Art de Werk said Alycia was reported as a runaway, and there was no indication of foul play.

Had police known there was a possibility someone might be responsible for her disappearance, de Werk said, officers would have knocked on neighborhood doors and used other methods to find the teen.

http://www.modbee.com/crime/story/645550.html

More info

CERES, Calif. -- Investigators are trying to determine the identity of human remains unearthed Thursday in the backyard of a home where a teenage girl went missing in 2006.

Alycia Mesiti was 15 when she disappeared on Aug. 14, 2006. The family no longer lives there and the home on Alexis Court has been vacant for several months.
2ng8ntj.jpg

Investigators began digging Wednesday after receiving a tip. Ceres police officials declined to give any additional information.

According to fliers distributed after her disappearance, Alycia told her parents she was going camping with friends. She took clothes and her pet Chihuahua.

A poster on the Web site of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children refers to Alycia as an "endangered runaway."
http://www.kcra.com/news/19022320/detail.html#

So they don't know yet if it is her. 15 y/o in 2006. She would have shown up.
The family had to move out shortly after her disappearance due to failure to make payments. Maybe they left the body behind? I don't know about you, but if I am going to dispose of a body..

1)I wouldn't have it on my property.
1a)If I did bury it outside my bedroom window, I would not move and leave the remains to be found when the new excited owner installs that sprinkler system.

They served the warrant on a tip, so somebody knows something. Prolly a relative or someone connected that is facing time for something else. Now would be the time for them to squeal like a pig to bargain. It's a fucked up world isn't it?

LOL @ the sprinkler system

They might not have planned on defaulting on their rent at the time, - and the back garden was convenient for the father or the brother, whichever one of them it is we are liking for the crime.

I would assume if it is her that a stranger did not take the time to hang around burying her behind her own home.

This is fishy sounding to say the least. It seems odd she was listed as an endangered runaway but no one seemed to be looking for her or looking into the camping story. If I had a child go missing you bet your ass I'd be all over the place asking questions, well unless I knew where she was all along and didn't want to make the day more remarkable and imprinted into peoples minds.

LOS ANGELES -- Police say they found a methamphetamine lab in West Los Angeles. Two people were arrested: a man (Mark Mesiti) suspected of murdering his teenage daughter was arrested, and a woman.

Authorities say a Los Angeles County hazardous materials team found at least five barrels of precursor chemicals in a ground-floor apartment in the 2100 block of South Bentley Avenue. The chemicals included the solvent acetone and red phosphorus, which officials say is used as a catalyst in making meth.

The lab was discovered Saturday evening when Ceres police officers from northern California went to Mark Mesiti's apartment to serve a search warrant in connection with a homicide, according to Los Angeles Police.

Mesiti is a suspected of murdering his teenage daughter. When police arrived at the apartment to serve the warrant, Mesiti was arrested and booked on drug-related charges. A woman, possibly Mesiti's girlfriend, was also booked on drug charges.

http://www.ktla.com/landing/?blockID=252296&feedID=171

CERES — Authorities on Thursday were trying to identify a body buried in a back yard of a home where a missing girl once lived, a police spokesman said.

Ceres police Sgt. Jose Berber confirmed the single-story house in the 3500 block of Alexis Court in Ceres was the home of Alycia Mesiti when she disappeared in August 2006 at the age of 14.

"(The human remains) may be connected to the missing girl," Berber said. "We're working on that as we speak."

Police are investigating this as a sus- picious death and would not say whether they had identified any suspects.

"In order to proceed with the investigation we need to identify the body first, so we can exclude those who are not involved," Berber said.

Authorities converged at the home Wednesday morning, a neighbor said, and stayed overnight to unearth the body and gather evidence. The home sits a few blocks south of Sinclear Elementary School, in south Ceres, west of Highway 99.

According to a missing person flier, Alycia took a bag of clothing and her pet Chihuahua when she vanished from her home in August 2006.

"(Alycia) was reported as a runaway," Berber said.

He said investigators entered her information into a missing and unidentified persons database, and the case never went cold.

Detectives recently received information that compelled them to dig in the back yard, police said.

Stanislaus County Chief Deputy Coroner Kristi Ah You said Thursday afternoon they were proceeding with an autopsy to positively identify the body. Coroner officials referred all questions to Ceres police.

Berber said coroner officials were going to use dental records to determine the identity.

"At this point, we do not know the gender," he said.

Officials said a positive ID could be made as early as today.

http://www.modbee.com/featured/story/644384.html

CERES — Stanislaus County Coroner's officials recovered today what they believe are human remains from the yard behind a Ceres home where a teenage girl who has been missing since 2006 used to live.

Authorities are trying to determine if the remains are those of Alycia Mesiti, who was 14 when she disappeared.

Alycia was last seen in Ceres on Aug. 14, 2006. According to a missing persons flier, she told her parents she was going camping with two friends, but wouldn’t say who they were or where they were going. She took a bag of clothes and her pet Chihuahua, the flier said, adding that it was believed she left of her own accord.

Investigators spent most of the night working at the home on Alexis Court, near Sinclear Elementary School, in south Ceres, west of Highway 99.

Police said they started digging after receiving a tip, but they would not elaborate.

An excavator was brought to the home to fill in the hole where investigators had dug up the remains, which will undergo forensic examination.

Alycia's family no longer lives at the house, which has been vacant for several months.

Asked about the police activity on the street, neighbor Joshua Charlton said: "They told me it had something to do with a cold case from 2006. They did find something in the back yard, and the coroner was there.â€￾

Charlton lives across the street from the house where the remains were discovered. His mother, Judy, confirmed that Alycia had lived in the house when shown a flier about the missing girl.

http://www.modbee.com/breakingnews/story/643695.html

CERES (AP) ―
Ceres police say human remains unearthed last Thursday in the backyard of a home where a teenage girl went missing in 2006 are that of Alycia Mesiti. Alycia's father is now considered a possible suspect in the case.

Alycia Mesiti was 15 when she disappeared on Aug. 14, 2006 when her father's girlfriend, Shelly Welborn reported Alycia missing. It was originally suspected that Alycia had gone camping with friend, but neither Shelly Welborn or Alycia's father had any details of where she might have gone.

Investigators began digging Wednesday after receiving a tip. Ceres police officials declined to give any additional information. The family no longer lives there and the home has been vacant for several months.

After Alycia's remains were found, Ceres Police investigators with assistance from Las Angeles police officers served a search warrant at Alycia's father's home inLos Angeles where they found a working methamphetamine lab. Alycia's father, Mark Mesiti and his girlfriend Shelly Welborn were arrested on drug charges. They also face child endangerment charges after it was discovered that Shelly Welborn's 12-year-old daughter lived at the home.

Ceres police say no charges have been filed against Mark Mesiti in connection with Alycia's disappearance and death, but they say he is considered a possible suspect.

Police say the investigation is far from over and they still have to interview a number of people that may have been at the home at the time of Alycia's disappearance.

http://cbs13.com/breakingnews/remains.unearthed.ceres.2.971504.html

"I do not want to answer that question at this time," said Deputy Police Chief Mike Borges. "We do not want to alert anyone who might be responsible for this death."

Haha, what a cheap answer. Hope they don't watch the news then. You think they are thinking it must be the body buried next to the one I killed.

I am all out of thanks, but thanks for the updates Malq, Special, Count and UCat.

So sad for this beautiful little girl. I wonder about her mother. The first story I posted said that she was supposed to move in with them at the house in Ceres, but never did. Then dad and his girlfriend were arrested for running a meth lab. No more mention of mom. Where is she? Wonder if she's missing, too.

I think there's a lot more to this story.

Haha, what a cheap answer. Hope they don't watch the news then. You think they are thinking it must be the body buried next to the one I killed.

My thought exactly. That's like printing, in bold headlines "We built the Bomb" in a Japanese newspaper in January 1944. Idiots.

I am all out of thanks, but thanks for the updates Malq, Special, Count and UCat.

So sad for this beautiful little girl. I wonder about her mother. The first story I posted said that she was supposed to move in with them at the house in Ceres, but never did. Then dad and his girlfriend were arrested for running a meth lab. No more mention of mom. Where is she? Wonder if she's missing, too.

I think there's a lot more to this story.

I was actually wondering the same thing...

I'm not wondering about the mom as much as I am the stepmom as well as her father. Neither of them knew where their 15 y/o (step)daughter was going to be camping at? It's just a little fishy...

dont take this wrong but i hope that it is her body or who the f is it?? i mean, i dont want this to be the end of her story but gawd how many missing peeps can revolve around this house?

Discovery of Alycia's body only adds to mystery in case

722-Mesiti_Welborn.embedded.prod_affiliate.11.JPG

Isn't it strange that they're not releasing any info about the mother? This story makes me so sad. RIP Alycia.

Alycia Mesiti was missing for more than two years, and now the teenage girl has been found. But the discovery of her body has only intensified the mystery behind her disappearance.

Alycia's body was found last week buried in the back yard of a Ceres home, where the 14-year-old lived when she went missing in August 2006. Police confirmed Monday that the remains were hers.

Los Angeles police arrested the girl's father and his girlfriend Saturday on unrelated charges. Ceres investigators serving a search warrant at Mark Edward Mesiti's Los Angeles apartment said they found a methamphetamine lab.

No charges have been filed against Mesiti, 41, in connection with his daughter's death, but he is considered a possible suspect, said Sgt. Jose Berber, a Ceres police spokesman.

Mesiti and his girlfriend, Shelly Walker-Welborn, 39, face drug and child endangerment charges. Berber said Walker- Welborn's 12-year-old daughter lived with the couple at the apartment and was taken into protective custody.

KTLA News reported that a Los Angeles County hazardous materials team found at least 17 barrels of precursor chemicals in Mark Mesiti's first-floor apartment. The chemicals included the solvent acetone and red phosphorus, which officials say is used as a catalyst in making meth.

Mesiti and Walker-Welborn were booked Monday night at the LA County Jail. Bail for each was set at $500,000. Berber said the Stanislaus County district attorney's office will decide whether to issue arrest warrants for Mesiti or Walker-Welborn.

"We know that the sheriff's office in LA County will notify us immediately if they start the process of posting bail, and then it will be up to the DA's office," Berber said.

Berber said Alycia's death is considered a homicide, although it could take two months to determine the cause of the teen's death.

The Bee on Monday afternoon contacted a member of Alycia's extended family in Santa Cruz, but he declined to comment. Other attempts to reach family members were not successful.

Berber said investigators have talked to Alycia's mother, who was not living at the Ceres home when the girl disappeared. Berber would not release the mother's name or say where she is.

When Alycia disappeared, Berber said, she was living with her father and Walker-Welborn at the single-story house in the 3500 block of Alexis Court in Ceres. Berber said Monday that Mark Mesiti had custody of Alycia at the time of her disappearance.

Ceres police would not say whether anyone else was living at the home or whether investigators have contacted all the tenants who have lived at the home since Alycia's family moved in. The family left in December 2006, according to the landlords.

The family had moved to Ceres from San Jose, Ceres police have said, and Alycia was having trouble adjusting to life in the valley.

http://www.modbee.com/featured/story/648135.html

Alycia Augusta's remaind found in Father's back yard

20090514_064951_alycia_VIEWER.jpg

Powerless and tormented, a Campbell mother awaits the story her daughter's bones will tell.

The remains of Alycia Augusta Mesiti-Allen, 14 when she vanished in August 2006, are now in the hands of toxicologists and coroners. Since March, when cadaver-sniffing dogs found her body buried in the unkempt yard of her father's former Central Valley home, detectives have scoured for evidence from the girl's petite frame.

Those detectives say the clues point to her father, Mark Edward Mesiti, as a suspect in her death and say an arrest is imminent. With a lengthy criminal past, the 41-year-old was still granted custody of Alycia and her older brother in Santa Clara County Superior Court less than a year before the girl went missing.

The family's legal history is a tangle of allegations traded through restraining orders and court filings. A court investigator described Roberta Allen, now 39, as an unfit mother who had battled with depression. But Alycia's father is now being held on $500,000 bail in a Los Angeles County jail on unrelated charges of child endangerment and running a methamphetamine lab.

Ceres police say they no longer believe Mesiti's story that the girl ran away
during a camping trip with friends and her pet Chihuahua. "Dad's story was he was getting phone calls periodically" from the missing girl, said Sgt. James Robbins. "But it doesn't appear she ever left the house."

Alycia and her brother, now 19 and in the military, were placed in Mesiti's care by the family court in November 2005. During the previous seven years, court records show, Mesiti had been convicted of state and federal charges, including bank fraud and drunken driving. He also was charged with domestic violence and ordered to attend anger-management classes after pleading guilty to a lesser charge. After failing to comply with court orders to attend drug- and alcohol-treatment programs, he landed in prison for violating probation.

Danger signs

Nonetheless, Roberta Allen described her years-long legal battle as "very angled toward Mark. I couldn't afford an attorney. He had one."

And over the nine months the children lived with their father before Alycia disappeared, police and child welfare workers fielded repeated warnings of danger in their single-family home in a neat, unremarkable Ceres suburb. Beginning in 2005, the children's court-appointed lawyer, Jonnie Herring, reported her concerns, recommending only a supervised, temporary placement with Mesiti due to "sufficient issues and risks to these minors." In 2006, she reported that Mesiti had failed to comply with court orders to enroll his children in school and remain in touch.

More to the story, follow the link...
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12363628?source=most_viewed

Far too many people failed this girl. If just one person had cared for her, she might still be alive. I hope justice is served. She deserves that at the very least.

A court investigator described Roberta Allen, now 39, as an unfit mother who had battled with depression.

Mesiti had been convicted of state and federal charges, including bank fraud and drunken driving. He also was charged with domestic violence and ordered to attend anger-management classes after pleading guilty to a lesser charge. After failing to comply with court orders to attend drug- and alcohol-treatment programs, he landed in prison for violating probation.

There must have really been problems with the mother if the father is considered the "better" parent.:dong:

There must have really been problems with the mother if the father is considered the "better" parent.:dong:

Nonetheless, Roberta Allen described her years-long legal battle as "very angled toward Mark. I couldn't afford an attorney. He had one."

I have to believe this had a lot to do with it. But truthfully, neither one sounds like great parent material.

[...]
Mark Edward Mesiti has been charged with killing and molesting the 14-year-old girl in Ceres less than a year after a Santa Clara County judge granted custody to him.

Mesiti, 41, is in custody in Los Angeles on separate charges of running a meth lab and endangering his current girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter. But once that case is prosecuted, Mesiti will be arrested on a $2 million warrant and brought to Stanislaus County to face charges involving the death of his daughter, according to Stanislaus officials.

In addition to murder, Mesiti has been charged with lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14, penetration by a foreign object and performing those acts while the victim was prevented from resisting by drugs or alcohol.

"Sending her to live with Mark was a death sentence," said the girl's aunt, Roberta Fitzpatrick of San Jose. "It was just a travesty."
[...]

If convicted, "he faces life in prison," said Stanislaus County Assistant District Attorney Carol Shipley. Los Angeles authorities "will finish their case first and we'll get it after that," she said.

Shipley said Alycia was killed on August 16, 2006 and molested the previous year, from April 1, 2005 through Sept. 30, 2005. On June 2, Mesiti was charged with killing his daughter.

Alycia "never got to enjoy anything," her aunt said. "My greatest hope is that this sheds light on the way they've done things (in court) and that they will make changes."
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_12556022

Mark Edward Mesiti has been charged with killing and molesting the 14-year-old girl in Ceres less than a year after a Santa Clara County judge granted custody to him.

Mesiti, 41, is in custody in Los Angeles on separate charges of running a meth lab and endangering his current girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter. But once that case is prosecuted, Mesiti will be arrested on a $2 million warrant and brought to Stanislaus County to face charges involving the death of his daughter, according to Stanislaus officials.

In addition to murder, Mesiti has been charged with lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14, penetration by a foreign object and performing those acts while the victim was prevented from resisting by drugs or alcohol.

"Sending her to live with Mark was a death sentence," said the girl's aunt, Roberta Fitzpatrick of San Jose. "It was just a travesty."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12556022

Ceres father enters plea in daughter's molestation, death
MODESTO, CA - A man accused of molesting, killing and burying his daughter in the backyard of his former Ceres home pleaded not guilty, according to the Stanislaus County District Attorney's Office.

Mark Mesiti was charged with 45 counts of homicide and sexual crimes, including rape, sodomy, intoxication by anesthetic agent and oral copulation.

Proscecutors allege Mesiti began abusing his daughter the summer before she went missing.

Mesiti and his then-girlfriend, Shelly Welborn, were arrested after a tipster led authorities to dig up the victim's body.
http://www.news10.net/news/article/141778/2/Ceres-father-enters-plea-in-daughters-molestation-death

Man Pleads Not Guilty To Raping, Killing Daughter
Mark Mesiti Arraigned On 45 Felony Counts
MODESTO, Calif. -- A Central California man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he raped and murdered his 14-year-old daughter, then buried her in a backyard.

Mark Mesiti entered the plea Monday during his arraignment in Stanislaus County Superior Court on 45 felony counts, including murder and rape.
Prosecutors say the 43-year-old man killed his daughter, Alycia, less than a year after a judge placed the girl in his care. Mesiti gained custody despite his long criminal history and reports that he neglected his children.

Authorities say that when Alycia disappeared in 2006, Mesiti claimed she had run away. In March 2009, cadaver-sniffing dogs found her body buried in the yard of his former home in Ceres.
http://www.kcra.com/news/28225958/detail.html#ixzz1PmIjaQpd

this is a very disturbing case..ugh my stomach is literally turning!

Last edited:
Think everyones stomach is turning at this one... He deserves nothing but DP for this one...

So sick. I don't understand how these people can live with themselves and what they've done. For this to have happened at the hands of this girl's own father takes the depravity of what was done to her to a new level.

Ceres man due in court on daughter's murder charge

CERES, CA - Mark Mesiti of Ceres returns to court on Monday after pleading not guilty in June to charges of raping and murdering his own daughter.

Mesiti has been charged with first-degree murder and 44 counts of sexually abusing Alycia Mesiti, 14.

Prosecutors say Mesiti's daughter was murdered in 2006 and her body was discovered three years later in the backyard of Mesiti's Ceres home.
http://www.news10.net/news/article/148175/2/Ceres-man-due-in-court-on-daughters-murder-charge

The wheels of justice move to damn slowly...

Ceres man due in court on daughter's murder charge

http://www.news10.net/news/article/148175/2/Ceres-man-due-in-court-on-daughters-murder-charge

The wheels of justice move to damn slowly...
The media seems to run slowly too. He was in court today and yet there is nothing out there on what happened or what it was. Given the amount of hearings in a typical court case, we could fill a thread with "due in court" notices that they seem to forget to follow up on. I've been sitting on this all day waiting for something.... what is their point in printing that kind of thing if they don't intend to tell us what it was all about? I don't even bother with 'em anymore until they give us some real info.

And then it turns out to be nothing... just a date change.
A man accused of sexually abusing his teenage daughter, killing her and burying her body in the back yard of their Ceres home appeared briefly in Stanislaus County Superior Court on Monday.

Mark Edward Mesiti, who pleaded innocent in June, was in court less than two minutes as he watched his attorney Robert Orenstein and Stanislaus County prosector Annette Rees gain approval from Judge John Freeland to hold over his pretrial hearing until Sept. 22.
http://www.modbee.com/2011/08/01/1799528/ceres-murder-suspect-appears-in.html

Death penalty sought for former South Bay man accused of killing his daughter
Stanislaus County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against a former South Bay man who is accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting his 14-year-old daughter, then killing her in 2006.

Prosecutors stated in court documents that they are seeking the death penalty because of the age and vulnerability of Mark Edward Mesiti's victim, his lack of remorse and evidence of other crimes, according to the Modesto Bee.

Mesiti, 44, is accused of drugging and sexually assaulting his daughter Alycia from July, 2005 through May, 2006, killing her and burying her body in the backyard of his former home, according to Assistant District Attorney Carol Shipley.

As detailed in a 52-count indictment filed by the Stanislaus County District Attorney's Office, Mesiti is charged with 45 separate counts related to the sexual abuse of his daughter on 20 different occasions. Prosecutors allege Mesiti in 2006 drugged his daughter and then raped her.

[...]
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...-penalty-sought-father-murder-former-san-jose

Back