• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A man has been charged with attempted murder after police say he allegedly hit another man with a shovel and tried to bury him alive near a body of a decomposing woman in a New York basement.

Police received a call to requesting them to do a welfare check on a resident at a multi-unit Union Street home in Schenectady, New York on Wednesday.

A friend notified police that he hadn't seen him and was worried.

When officers arrived to the residence, they heard faint cries for help coming from the basement, WTEN, reported.

They discovered a man in his 60s, who was weak and incoherent, buried under several feet of debris including a toilet, tire and boxes.

[...]

Police say the badly decomposed body of an unidentified woman was also found in the basement, near where they rescued the man.

Harold Michael Ortiz was arrested by authorities hours after they rescued the man and charged with attempted murder and unlawful imprisonment.

The 44-year-old man allegedly hit the victim in the head with a shovel, and then buried him under the debris.

[...]

Ortiz, who has two prior felonies, was recently released from a mental health facility in July.

It is not clear if Ortiz or the victim had something to do with the death of the woman or how she ended up buried in the basement.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-basement-woman-s-badly-decomposing-body.html

Man, that guy is incredibly lucky they found him while he was still alive.

Ortiz, who has two prior felonies, was recently released from a mental health facility in July.

What's the betting that they released him for reasons of cost, and not because they believed he was no longer a danger?

Is this really burial or merely covering somebody with some shit that's laying around?

The worst part would be that stench. Being "buried" alive is bad enough, but in circumstances like this and with what had to be an absolutely unbearable smell? Good god anywhere but NY.

See what i did there, made it out like i was referring to the decomposing body but instead i was bashing the state of New York. I'm only explaining it cuz i know most members here are too thick headed to get such high brow humor.

Schenectady police identify woman whose remains were found in basement

628x471.jpg.cf.jpg

Harold Michael Ortiz, 44
Authorities are investigating the death of 55-year-old Valarie Washington in her Union Street apartment building as a homicide.

Her badly decomposed body was discovered Wednesday in the basement of 1330 Union St. only hours after police heard the moans of a person and along with fire crews rescued a dazed and disoriented man in his 60s from under a pile of junk.

He remains hospitalized and is expected to live.

While police sift through evidence they hope will lead them to Washington's killer, Harold Ortiz remains jailed without bail on a charge of attempted murder and unlawful imprisonment, accused of hitting the man in the head with a shovel and trying to bury him under the debris in the cluttered basement.

All three lived at the Union Street building, which Friday remained a crime scene.

No charges have been filed in Washington's death.

In July, Ortiz, 44, was released from prison after serving 17 years for attempted murder, the same charge he now faces in the attack on his neighbor. He was not on post-release supervision because state law didn't require it when he committed his crime downstate in 1998.

The grisly find at the five-unit Union Street apartment began with a call by a person to police Wednesday asking them to check on the man who is in his 60s.

Authorities have so far declined to provide details about that caller because it is part of their investigation.

On Thursday, Ortiz was arraigned in City Court on second-degree attempted murder and unlawful imprisonment charges sent to the county jail pending a preliminary court hearing Tuesday.

His attorney, Public Defender Steve Signore, said he expects Ortiz will be indicted by a county grand jury before his next scheduled court appearance at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, which would then elevate the criminal case to county court.

Signore said he would not know what charges Ortiz is facing until his client is arraigned.

He did not know if his client was being investigated as a suspect in Washington's death.

Signore said Friday that Ortiz told him that he has a brother and other family members in the area.

The lawyer said he was looking into where Ortiz was incarcerated and if he was treated at any of those state prisons for mental health problems.

"If he did come from Marcy (state Correctional Facility), did he have psychological issues? And if so, that's going to be explored," said Signore.

Last edited:
He looks surprised.....

Oh, wait........I mean he looks high :woot:

Let's take a poll? Bath salts or Flakka. I'm going with bath salts cause it doesn't say that he tried to eat or fuck the bodies of the still living or dead. . . . :vamp: :whistle:

see, this is what happens when you try to bury someone alive in a basement...it just opens up a whole different can of worms.

@Satanica
A man who strangled a woman to death and buried another man alive will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Harold Ortiz, 45, admitted to strangling 55-year-old Valerie Washington and then hitting 65-year-old Ralph Carson with a shovel and leaving him for dead under a pile of debris in September 2015.

Carson survived three days and was only 10 feet away from the decomposing body. He wasn't discovered until police made a welfare check and noticed the smell.

"I am sorry for my despicable actions," Ortiz said. "At this point, there is nothing I can do or say that will change what has been done. I am sincerely sorry for all that has happened. Period."

Ortiz had previously served 17 years in prison, but when he committed the earlier crime, New York State did not have mandatory post-release supervision, and he walked free after he was released.

For the 2015 crime, Ortiz will serve concurrent sentences of 25 years to life in prison on the Murder and Kidnapping convictions and consecutive sentences of 2.5 to 5 years' incarceration for the larceny and stolen property counts.

The family of the woman found murdered two years ago in a Union Street basement is suing the organization that placed her killer in the building where she lived.

The family of Valerie Washington contends the organization, Mohawk Opportunities, knew of the dangers Harold Michael Ortiz posed to residents, and Washington in particular, and failed to warn anyone but their own employees.

The 2015 attack by Ortiz left Washington dead in the basement of 1330 Union St. and another tenant, Ralph Carson, near death. Ortiz is now serving 30 years to life in prison for both attacks.

According to the Washington suit, both Washington and Ortiz were clients of Mohawk Opportunities. Washington already lived at the Union Street address and Mohawk placed Ortiz there in late-August 2015.

By that time, the lawsuit claims, Mohawk staff was afraid of what Ortiz was capable of and had a safety plan in place based on an in-office incident. Mohawk advised staff not to allow themselves to be alone with Ortiz, the suit reads.

Ortiz later complained to a Mohawk employee about Washington, saying "someone will do or ought to do something to her," according to the suit.

"Mohawk Opportunities knew about this guy's propensities, that he made a clear threat to someone, having made that threat to Valerie," attorney Steve Kouray, who represents the estate, said Thursday. "They owed her a duty to warn and they failed in that duty."

Continue reading at link

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back