• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
RamiroPalacios080414_zpsd05acccd.jpg

Mountain View police on Friday arrested a 43-year-old man who allegedly abused children ages 7 and 10 while he worked as a handyman at an apartment complex, a police sergeant said today.

Ramiro Palacios, of Mountain View, was arrested on suspicion of committing lewd and lascivious acts with a child and was booked into the Santa Clara County Main Jail
[...]
Police detectives determined that Palacios, while working as a handyman at the girls’ apartment complex
[...]
He lured them to a secluded area and touched them, police said.

The Police Department is asking for the public’s help to identify other children who may have been victimized by the suspect.

http://sfbay.ca/2014/08/04/handyman-accused-of-on-the-job-child-abuse/

If I lived in an apartment I dont think my child would be playing outside without supervision. Shit, I live in a house with a huge fenced yard and I still don't let my child outside without me. AND we live in a pretty safe, well patroled, part of Tacoma. . . . Why don't the "non-helicopter" *whatever it's called, nice terms* parents just talk to their kids and be honest with them about the types of people and situations, do and do nots, and dangers that are lurking outside their closed doors. My daughter does know what a pedophile is and what can happen to children when kidnapped and what to do if someone she doesn't know talks to her. . . all that good stuff. We've practiced emergency drills and rehearsed safety words and reviewed, many times, who she can or can't go with no matter what she's being told. If someone says they are picking her up from school cause I'm sick and they are my old friend then to say no you're not. My mom knows how to call me at school and she would have told me. She knows even when talking to friends at their vehicle that she needs to stand far back from it and yell to her friend good-bye. . . . .sorry, there is no excuse or reason a seven or ten year, especially of this day in age, should think that following this man, or being "lured", should have worked. They used the buddy system, what went wrong? Just two innocent uninformed little girls being abused because they didn't know what could lie ahead. . . Smh. . . *end rant* Sorry if anyone is offended, its just MHO. . .

Last edited:
If I lived in an apartment I dont think my child would be playing outside without supervision. Shit, I live in a house with a huge fenced yard and I still don't let my child outside without me. AND we live in a pretty safe, well patroled, part of Tacoma. . . . Why don't the "non-helicopter" *whatever it's called, nice terms* parents just talk to their kids and be honest with them about the types of people and situations, do and do nots, and dangers that are lurking outside their closed doors. My daughter does know what a pedophile is and what can happen to children when kidnapped and what to do if someone she doesn't know talks to her. . . all that good stuff. We've practiced emergency drills and rehearsed safety words and reviewed, many times, who she can or can't go with no matter what she's being told. If someone says they are picking her up from school cause I'm sick and they are my old friend then to say no you're not. My mom knows how to call me at school and she would have told me. She knows even when talking to friends at their vehicle that she needs to stand far back from it and yell to her friend good-bye. . . . .sorry, there is no excuse or reason a seven or ten year, especially of this day in age, should think that following this man, or being "lured", should have worked. They used the buddy system, what went wrong? Just two innocent uninformed little girls being abused because they didn't know what could lie ahead. . . Smh. . . *end rant* Sorry if anyone is offended, its just MHO. . .
Hell yeah grrl!! Same!

Sadly, some parents are afraid to have the sex, drug, etc talk with their children. Buck up and let your kids know what dangers are out there in the real world. You are not protecting them by not telling them.

Childrens brains do not work like adults do. I taught mine from an early age about body privacy, unwanted touching and people making them do things etc and as much about perverts and everything you could think of in age appropriate ways for them to understand , just as you all have described above in order to arm them with defence mechanisms. Still my oldest (now almost 20) tells me about near misses or times at a friends house when an older Brother tried things on with her and friends at a sleepover. She never told me and I am the most paranoid and open about abuse talk Mother ever - I told them I will believe you, your voice is your best weapon, it isn't your fault if anything happens etc.

Now the older two are teens they are much more aware, they know the drill and they know the risks.
But I bet my youngest, even though only 4 and I've started to tell her as much as I can too, would go off with someone if I let her outside or wasnt with her 24/7 they said the right thing , because she's so young and trusting at that moment they just follow along.

The fact is, they are still innocent and children and for all your warnings they don't realise when they are being lured, or groomed because they are not expecting it at every corner like we do. Pervs are excellent at getting kids to go with them, even the most street wise of kids can be manipulated - but most don't see danger in every step like we do and they often see the bad guys as blatant bad guys, not someone who seems normal like they see every day at school or around, just doing their jobs. An older child may get a gut feeling but by then it could be too late and little children fear adults, they do as they are told even if it is scary or they know its wrong, its nature. This is why child abuse is so secretive and it works so well for abusers. Don't ever think you're children wouldn't do it because you just don't know 100 % how they will react at the time. Even with all the warnings in the world. This was bad luck for those girls .

This sick creep needs shooting. Poor kids.

I have 4 kids, 3 are grown and we have a 9 year old boy. We do not allow him playing with kids older than he is for obvious reasons. He is not allowed to roam the neighborhood like our neighbor allows her grandson to do. We have a large yard and if the kids want to come over and play that's great but everyone knows I watch my child like he is a winning lottery ticket. I'd kill a bastard.

Back