• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
article-foot-1-0810.jpg

Cleveland Butler's stunned relatives snapped photos of the mystery limb in the beloved grandfather's grave.
(COURTESY BUTLER FAMILY)

Mourning gave way to the macabre at a New Jersey cemetery where a beloved grandfather’s burial uncovered a moldering bare foot from an adjoining grave.

The devastated family of Cleveland Butler, 85, received a second and unexpected jolt when the body part appeared from the dirt as his blue casket was lowered into the ground at Mount Holiness Memorial Park.

“This was a very traumatizing situation, first dealing with losing my father and then this,” daughter Sandra Butler told the Daily News.

After a graveside eulogy and a few prayers, the scene morphed quickly from silence to Stephen King with the appearance of the foot.

“We all looked down and we were looking at what apparently was a human foot and leg wrapped in plastic, with cloth wrapped around it, sticking out on top of my father’s casket,” said Alonzo Butler, 53, an MTA bus driver.

One of the mourners snapped a cellphone photo of what looks like an outtake from “The Walking Dead.”

Relatives later griped the cemetery workers ignored the dangling foot and quickly filled in the grave.

“They heard it was a leg on the casket and they didn’t even try to investigate it,” Alonzo said.

The bizarre burial also included one worker accidentally dropping a pack of cigarettes and his phone into the open grave, relatives said.

The worker fished both out with a rake before relatives saw the foot in the grave....

...cemetery caretaker Bill Plog, who started at Mount Holiness in 1983, said he was surprised such incidents were so rare.

“There was a casket,” he said. “It deteriorated. You can purchase a concrete vault, but people don’t. That grave there is from 1969 . . . It’s unfortunate that this happened, but this is a graveyard.”

Plog, 59, said the decision to quickly fill the open grave was just common sense, not a coverup.

“People are grieving,” he explained. “The last thing you want to do is get into an argument with people. Honestly, I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible.”...

...Alonzo Butler first visited the Jersey cemetery for his mother’s burial in September 1995, and returned every year since to visit her on the holidays.

The image of the long-dead limb stays with Butler, and he worries whether the corpse’s family is even aware of the indignity. Only a well-worn piece of plywood covered the grave Thursday.

“We were shocked,” he recalled of the incident. “All we could say was ‘Wow,’ because that was a human, someone else’s loved one. I feel guilty seeing someone else’s family member like that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ing-family-bury-grandfather-article-1.3401379

Last edited:
[doublepost=1502461898,1502461826][/doublepost]
Yeah, I just looked online and there is a package that the ashes can be put into plants, trees, flowers, and bushes. Make a garden out of me! Lol

Yep. Legit turn me into a tree. All of my loved ones already know this is my wish.

“There was a casket,” he said. “It deteriorated. You can purchase a concrete vault, but people don’t. That grave there is from 1969 . . . It’s unfortunate that this happened, but this is a graveyard.”
Right. The family needs to get over it. In 50 years, their loved one's foot may party crash another burial. Unless that electric blue casket is plastic. I know the love of funerals is a cultural thing with some, but I can't work up any sympathy.

I feel guilty seeing someone else’s family member like that.”
First World problems!
A 1969 grave probably no longer has relatives who care.
The bizarre burial also included one worker accidentally dropping a pack of cigarettes and his phone into the open grave, relatives said.
That probably happens more than we know.

As for becoming a tree, here is a famous poem by Robert W Service
http://www.robertwservice.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=619

Just put me on the curb on trash day, or whatever is cheapest. I have a feeling I won't complain.
[doublepost=1516500428,1516498700][/doublepost]I'm having flashbacks to the movie "Poltergeist" when the mom fell in the freshly excavated pool with all those corpses...

Put me in a box addressed to a fictitious address with a bogus return address.
I will eventually end up in the post offices dead letter office.
Seems poetic to me somehow.

Now if they are upset about the foot they should be aware what will happen to the paupers coffin they used.
It will collapse and be crushed by the weight of the dirt before it is even fully buried.
The remains inside now being fully exposed will likely break apart at joints and become "drifters" like that leg.
Odds are good it is from up to two graves away of similar type.

It is a body, get over it.

Last edited:
I'm sure there is some crazy fuck out there trying to skimp on ingredients. Make tacos out of me and have a super deluxe taco Tuesday with all the trimmings. Or dig me up and fuck me to shreds. I'll be long gone and won't give a fuck.

I want a burial at sea... so, just throw my ashes into the toilet... yes, that'll be my hug-tree-greenpeace-libtard statement.

Am I the only one impressed that the foot looks as if it didn’t fully decompose into skeletal remains? That pic to me shows some flesh on it. Even embalmed I would think a body just in the moist dirt for that many years would be long gone except for the bones.

Fucking pussies, deal with it. Modern people are so emotionally weak about death. Graves were often reused throughout history. In fact, the scene in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" where Hamlet is holding and talking to his long dead friend's skull was because a gravedigger was preparing a grave for person who recently died and exposed Yorick's remains. Hamlet went on about his remembrance of his once loved friend.
Most 1st world people know little about death and dying and any reminder that death happens and isn't wrapped up in a illusionary tidy packet, freaks there little minds out.

I actually think its kind of comforting knowing that this person is buried so close to someone else. They're not alone for eternity.

Back