• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grandmother-found-decapitated-after-boy-flees-attack-calls-911/
[....]
63-year-old Micki Davis was killed Sunday afternoon. A 35-year-old Wichita woman has been jailed without bond in Sedgwick County on suspicion of first-degree murder.

CBS affiliate KWCH identified the suspect as Rachael Hilyard.

Lt. Todd Ojile says the grandmother was attacked after she took her grandson to a home to collect property that belonged to the victim’s son. Ojile says that during the assault, the boy grabbed his grandmother’s phone and ran away. The boy wasn’t harmed.
[....]
Police say the suspect was found hiding in the home.

Police plan to present the case to prosecutors Tuesday or Wednesday.
rachael-hilyard.jpg

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Be...rd-arrested-in-Sunday-homicide-419101424.html
Hilyard's best friend, Terryn Hemken, said she is still in shock.

"I couldn't believe it," said Hemken. "That's not Rachael...something with her has been off for several, several months now, and it hasn't been right."

Hemken said Hilyard has been her best friend for seven years.

"We did everything," said Hemken. "We took the kids out to parks and everything else. She's a really, really great person."

And, no surprise, in addition to her wonderful personality, Rachael is a drug addict....

Over the past couple years, Hemken said something has been off with Hilyard.

"I want people to know that this isn't her," said Hemken. "There's something, something not right. Rachael was a very big drug addict, and I wanted so much to help Rachael, I mean it's been several years now, and it's at point to where there's only so much you can do for a person who is a drug addict."

For months, Hemken said Hilyard has been sending her what she calls "off the wall" messages.

"I don't know if it was hallucination or what because she thought a black widow crawled in her body," said Hemken.

Hemken said she never thought her friend was violent.

Does anyone else think it's super weird that she was there to "collect property" for her son? Who the hell sends their 63-yr-old mom to get their shit back from the ex?

Does anyone else think it's super weird that she was there to "collect property" for her son? Who the hell sends their 63-yr-old mom to get their shit back from the ex?
Maybe he thought she wouldn't have an issue. Or maybe the ex said she'd only talk to his mom. I've had people I didn't want to deal with, and would rather deal with their family or a friend instead.

Or have her bring a cop.

Agreed! If it's something you can't afford to replace, and really need to retrieve, you can call and schedule an officer to meet you to get the item(s) back. Whenever safety is a concern or you feel apprehensive, this is the best, and legal recourse. Should they object, have receipts ready in hand or a letter from the person who gifted it to you or your family member.

Maybe the son told the mom he would rather leave his stuff there and the mom decided on her own ro go and collect his things.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kansas-woman-accused-decapitating-ex-173111158.html

KAKE identified Davis’ son as Jacob Gillespie III, who is currently in jail on unrelated charges related to a March police chase.

Jail records show that Gillespie is being held at the Sedgwick County Jail on several charges including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, criminal damage to property, fleeing and eluding authorities and more.

He is being held on $25,000 bail, jail records show. It was not immediately clear if he has retained a lawyer or entered a plea.

Son is in jail, that's why mom went to collect whatever it was.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article144061439.html

The neighbors on Hilyard’s block already knew her life was troubled.

Stebens and another neighbor, Wesley McGuire, said they saw police cars outside Hilyard’s house multiple times in recent years.

She had convictions in Sedgwick County for drug possession in 2012 and 2013 and was discharged from community corrections supervision in May 2015, records show. While under supervision in 2014, she admitted to using methamphetamines, marijuana and opiates, a court document says.

In a January 2015 court document in a divorce case, Hilyard said she received “disability money.”

Before her 2012 and 2013 drug cases, she had a long list of traffic and drug-related convictions in Wichita Municipal Court dating back to 2001, records show.

Stebens said he could remember when Hilyard seemed relatively stable. She was going to nursing school, and she and a boyfriend came to pool parties in Stebens’ backyard.

But later, Hilyard looked noticeably unhealthy – “like she had been run through a wringer,” Stebens said.

In mid-March, McGuire said, she borrowed a flashlight. She was talking about wanting to see her son, who no longer lived with her, McGuire said.

He saw her ride off on a bicycle after it turned dark – using the flashlight like a headlight. He assumed she was on her way to try to see her son.

The next day or so, Hilyard told him she was sorry, that she had lost his flashlight.

“They took it as evidence,” she told him. She didn’t explain what she meant, “and I didn’t ask,” McGuire said. She also told him: “I got picked up.”

On March 19, Wichita police arrested her, citing her on suspicion of four misdemeanors: assault, willful criminal damage to property, criminal trespass and “interference with law enforcement, obstruct, resist,” municipal court records show. A police report said she went to the 13000 block of West Onewood at about 9:35 p.m. on March 19 and tried to force her way into a home while “looking for her biological son who lives there.” She allegedly broke a window and assaulted an officer; there was no injury, the report said.
[doublepost=1492102386,1492102165][/doublepost]http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article144233754.html

http://www.kake.com/story/35187411/wichita-decapitation-suspect-charged-over-marijuana-pipe
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

A Wichita woman accused of decapitating her ex-boyfriend's mother faces a new charge after she allegedly tried to introduce a glass marijuana pipe into the Sedgwick County Jail.

A criminal complaint filed Friday accused 35-year-old Rachael Hilyard of unlawfully attempting to introduce the paraphernalia into the jail when she was booked on April 9 in death of 63-year-old Micki Davis.
[....]

The victim.
13585298_G.jpg

We were wondering why the victim went to the house to get her son's belongings. Because the woman said "come and get this stuff or I'll put it on the curb."

http://www.kake.com/story/35279705/gruesome-details-released-in-decapitation-of-wichita-woman

A probable cause affidavit states Hilyard called Davis just before 1 p.m. and asked her to pick up her son's belongs or they would be put out on the curb. Davis' 9-year-old grandson accompanied her to Hilyard's home.
[...]
Officer Crouch approached the body to check for a pulse and discovered the victim had been decapitated. The officer noted a large amount of blood and a black-handled kitchen knife lying close to the right shoulder of the body.

Officers then entered the house to check for more victims and a suspect.
[...]
As the officers were clearing the rest of the house, one walked into the kitchen and found Davis' head. [In the sink]

Following her arrest, a detective began asking Hilyard for personal information.

"Rachael spontaneously stated it 'seemed like she was coming at me with a picture frame' and this has happened before like deja vu. 'God was telling me to do it.' I asked her if she had taken any drugs or alcohol recently and Rachael said she didn't want to talk about it."

The detailed arrest affadavit is at the link.

My sadness for the Davis' family's loss aside, I can totally see why the son broke up with this chick! Jesus!

What makes it more pathetic for the murder victim and the boy --- I bet that man/ex boyfriend had no belongings worth saving anyway.
[doublepost=1493870249,1493526952][/doublepost]http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article148260499.html

The exorcism this woman needed was to be clean of drugs for a few years.
Rachael Hilyard had asked a friend: Where could she get an exorcism? Her friend told her Pastor Terry Fox.

A few days after Fox visited Hilyard’s home and blessed it, police say Hilyard decapitated 63-year-old Micki Davis in her garage.

Fox was traveling when he heard the news. He said he hadn’t been able to tell during his visit whether she was possessed or whether she was just depressed.

“We were in the process of trying to evaluate her situation to see if it was mental or demonic,” Fox said.

“We were only working with her a few days,” he said. “If we would have had an opportunity to get to her, I believe we could (have helped). ... I think if we would have had more time, perhaps we could have made a difference. It broke our hearts.”

Fox, the pastor at Summit Church in Wichita, said he has been doing exorcisms for more than 30 years and outside of the Catholic Church, he is the most experienced exorcist in town.

Much more at the link.
[doublepost=1494097906][/doublepost]She's Blaming GAWD!
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kansas-woman-charged-beheading-woman-claims-that-god-did-it-1620090

Hilyard ... said in an interview with the Wichita Eagle she felt "horrible" about what happened but that it was God who took Davis's life. Hilyard said she had participated in an exorcism at Davis's property a few days before the incident to rid it of "evil spirits".

A pastor who participated in the "exorcism" admitted attending the property but said Hilyard had seemed harmless.

"She was not aggressive to hurt anyone or herself," the pastor, Terry Fox, told the Wichita Eagle. "Had she been. I would've reported it. If I thought she was a danger to herself or someone I would've reported that."

In the weeks leading up to the incident Hilyard posted a series of unusual messages on Facebook in which she made reference to beheadings and being insane. She is charged with first degree murder along with separate charges of trespassing, assault and obstruction. She remains in prison on a $226,000 bond.

I wonder if the beheaded lady had read Hilyard's crazy postings and went to her house anyway with just a 9 yr old boy?
[doublepost=1498740446][/doublepost]http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article158436404.html

The murderer wants a new lawyer due to religious conflict so she wrote a letter to the judge...
The victim in my case was a Jehovas Witness. I think he is one as well,” Hilyard wrote in the June 9 letter. “I am Catholic & this was a crime of God. I am requesting a change of counsel.”

Later in the letter, Hilyard expounded. “On a different case, this would be irrelevant. However, I am Catholic & and the head of a Jehovas Witness was found in my kitchen sink. I think she may have been a high ranking member in this religion.”

But one of Davis’ sons, Jeremy Rush, said Tuesday that Hilyard is wrong about his mother: “At no time whatsoever in her life was she a Jehovah’s Witness.” Davis’ daughter, Jacona Gillespie, agreed, saying that Hilyard is “absolutely wrong.”

At another point in Hilyard’s letter, with occasional typos, she wrote, “Its a known fact about Jehovas Witnesses & brainwashing. The less contact I have with Jason Smartt the better.”

So the Exorcist was trying to figure out if her problems were 'mental or demonic'? Imma just say both. I feel really bad for the son and grandson. I'm sure she went there to pick up clothes and some mixed tapes or some crap. Not gold bars or the queens crown. Poor little guy must have been absolutely terrified. And son in jail could do nothing to help any of them for doing him a favor. Burn this witch at the stake and save us all some time and money.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article165483557.html
A Sedgwick County judge has ordered an evaluation to determine whether Rachael Hilyard – charged in the decapitation of Micki Davis – is able to understand the charges against her or aid in her defense.

[...]

In late June, a judge denied Hilyard’s request for a new defense attorney after she contended that he had kept her from getting a psychological evaluation.

In May, The Eagle reported that some of the circumstances might make Hilyard sound crazy before the decapitation: She begged on social media not to have her head cut off “anymore.” She complained of feeling insane. She sought an exorcism for “evil spirits” in her house after claiming to see the Grim Reaper in a smoky haze.
[...]
[doublepost=1505672175,1502377506][/doublepost]The reality disconnect continues. It's not her fault. Her boyfriend gave her meth, the dryer was possessed, she's a victim of "covert conversational hypnosis".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rosby-cause-of-death-0916-20170915-story.html

Now, five months after the attack, Hilyard writes about a man she said was her boyfriend who lived with her for a time. He is also the son of the murder victim. She writes, "I feel like I may have been a victim of covert conversational hypnosis" citing the boyfriend as the one who did this to her along with giving her meth.

She writes that he recommended Summit Church in Wichita and Pastor, Terry Fox. She said it was that boyfriend who told her he thought she may need an exorcism.

[...]

But eventually, she writes she answered and Terry Fox, the pastor at Summit Church came back to her home and started pointing out things that may be evil like a Salvador Dali print, which he took, and her dryer. She said that's when the exorcism happened.

She writes, "I was in my chair and they were chanting all around me with that 'water' trying to 'call' the demons out."
[...]
Hilyard mentions the murder of Micki Davis when she writes, "it's a fact that 3 days prior to the murder, two individuals were in my home conducting what I had been told was an exorcism! This was actually the 2nd time they had been to the house!"

She only mentions Davis one other time in the letters when she writes that her ex-boyfriend's mother came over "to get some paintings I was giving her and we were next to the dryer and she said Jake's name and I snapped."
[...]
A short letter also mentions her lawyers writing she was, "rudely shut down by my lawyers at the change of counsel hearing." She also writes that she wrote "confidential" on the envelope containing the letters to the judge because she wanted him to read the letters first before they became part of her public file.

As for her reasoning for the letters, Hilyard writes, "I just wanted to send this out before they throw me in the psych ward and over medicate me. I'm not going to stand for this. I think I may have been a victim of covert conversational hypnosis."

"Covert conversational hypnosis".

This lady is nuts, and needs help. She's able to communicate but she sounds delusional.

I'm saddened someone's grandma had to die horribly to bring this to light.

A Wichita woman was convicted Thursday of first-degree murder in the decapitation death of her ex-boyfriend’s mother, whose head she left in the kitchen sink.

Prosecutors said Rachael Hilyard cut off the head of 63-year-old Micki Davis using two steak knives on April 9, 2017. Davis had gone to Hilyard’s home with her 9-year-old grandson to collect her son’s belongings, at Hilyard’s insistence. The child ran away before his grandmother was beheaded and called for help.

Hilyard’s lawyer acknowledged his client killed Davis but said it was not premeditated, which is required for a first-degree murder conviction, The Wichita Eagle reported.

Hilyard, 38, attacked the older woman without provocation then grabbed a knife “to finish what she started,” Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said during closing arguments. He said Hilyard used a second knife after the first blade broke.

Hilyard’s attorney, Quentin Pittman, said Hilyard thought Davis was dead when she severed her neck. Testimony during the trial indicated Davis may have been unconscious but was alive when Hilyard decapitated her.

Pittman insisted there was no premeditation but he didn’t ask the jury for a lesser charge. The jury could have found Hilyard guilty of second-degree intentional murder, second-degree reckless murder or involuntary manslaughter.

“What we have are bad decisions and horrible consequences,” Pittman said.

Hilyard testified Wednesday that she thought Davis was already dead and that she cut off her head to free her soul from her body. Prosecutors said police found Davis’ body in Hilyard’s garage and her head in the kitchen sink.

Hilyard, who was treated at a state psychiatric hospital before she was declared competent for trial, said she was discussing a painting with Davis when she lost her temper.

“I just freaked out, and we were wrestling into the garage, and we got into a fight,” she said.

But prosecutors noted a police interview in which Davis’ grandson described Hilyard jumping on and beating Davis with no warning.

Last edited:
A Kansas woman was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday for decapitating her ex-boyfriend's mother with two steak knives and leaving her head in the kitchen sink.

Rachael Hilyard, 38, of Wichita, was sentenced over death of 63-year-old Micki Davis in what prosecutors claimed was a planned killing.

Davis was attacked after going to Hilyard's home to pick up some of her son's property on April 9, 2017.

Davis arrived at Hilyard's home with her nine-year-old grandson but the child ran away and called for help before his grandmother was beheaded.

The older woman's body was found in the garage while her head remained in the kitchen.

Hilyard apologized at the hearing on Tuesday, which several of Davis' family members attended in person or watched via a Zoom call.

'I feel that even death would be too good for me now. ... Every day and every night I am sorry,' she said.

'I apologized to the many people that knew and loved Micki Davis, I apologized to her whole family, to her grandson, to all of her friends, to my neighbors, I apologized for who I became.'

Davis's family, however, branded Kilyard a 'monster' as they faced her once again in court before the sentencing.

'Mom taught us one of the worst 4 letter words you can say is hate. And I'm not gonna lie, I hate this monster and I think my mom would be okay with that,' said Jeremy Rush, Micki Davis' son.

'I will never get over this anger, I will never not be angry.'

The judge on Tuesday decided that Hilyard's mental health issues did not relieve her of the 'horrific' crime.

'Mental health issues do not equate to crime. Having a head injury does not equal crime,' said Judge Bruce Brown.

'Your life isn't over and my charge to you at this point would be that you turn your life to a life of good.

After she had received her life sentence, the family said they could never forgive Hilyard for what she had done.

1601507400036.png

Last edited:
Back