• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1444l8m.jpg

Candace Kelly, 65, has pleaded guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of marijuana
[...]
65-year-old Pennsylvania woman has admitted to selling hundreds of pounds of marijuana from her home but said she needed the money to raise several grandchildren after her daughter died.

Candace Kelly
[...]
was originally charged last fall after authorities found 64lbs of hydroponically grown marijuana and nearly $400,000 in cash at her home
[..]
Those charges were withdrawn because of problems with a search warrant. Kelly was charged again in January after a grand jury investigation.
On Wednesday, Mrs Kelly pleaded guilty in Butler County telling a judge she sold as much as 100lbs of marijuana a year for more than four years.

Kelly is also forfeiting $393,000 seized
[...]
The married mother and grandmother faces up to 10 years in prison when she is sentenced November 20.

Following her arrest on drug charges in January, a defiant Candace Kelly exited the office of a district judge in Saxonburg flashing the peace sign
[...]
Legalize it, man,' Kelly declared. 'If I can make that kind of money, why can’t the rest of Pennsylvania wise up?
'I never got on Welfare, I never drew anything from the system, I raised all my kids on my own. That’s my only crime.”
At the time, the family accused police of conducting the search without a warrant and threatening Kelly's 17-year-old granddaughter with a Taser.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-pot-help-raise-grandkids.html#ixzz3GwKtaYuj

You go Granny! Just sorry you're going to be spending so much time away from your grandchildren now.

If I had my way, pot would be legal but I never get my way. I don't believe pot is a bad thing or a "gate way" drug. Too bad she got arrested and her supply and cash taken. It sucks.

If I had my way, pot would be legal but I never get my way. I don't believe pot is a bad thing or a "gate way" drug. Too bad she got arrested and her supply and cash taken. It sucks.

She could have put her Grandchildren through college with that money....morons!

Pot is legal here, but granny still would have been busted for moving that much weed without the proper dispensary license. I still don't think she should go to jail for doing everything she could do to raise an extra family she wasn't expecting.

Don't buy for a second she was selling it only cuz she had to take care of those kids. Looks like a trashy person.

That said, fuck the gov't for busting her and prosecuting her. She wasn't hurting anybody. Absolute horseshit they would waste their time with this.

Lady! Why didn't you bury that money in the backyard? That's gotta hurt the most. I mean she's gonna get out eventually. She should have hid the money!!! What a crock of shit prosecuting her over all of this. Now where are those kids gonna go?

And Jack.... you're so effing judgmental. She doesn't look trashy. She's 65 freaking years old and has been working the land for years while raising a bunch of kids. WTF? Who are you? Kurt Russell??

@JackBurton is just an emo poser. And doesn't wanna be a "conformist" so he posts the opposite of what the general consensus feels even if he doesn't truly feel that way. If we were all to post comments calling her trashy and a liar, she was really gonna use the weed money for something even more illicit, he likely would've chimed in calling her a great loving granny who was only trying to support her kin. He's fake that way.

Saying the gov't should have left her be is the opposite of the general consensus? Why don't you quit your whining and actually read through the thread, you'll see that sentiment mirrors what others were saying. Might want to also take a look at the ratings my post received, looks like 3 "agrees" currently. Uh oh, got some folks sharing my view!!! I must be soooo upset that my efforts to not conform have failed so miserably huh?

And to be honest, i do in fact like it when people disagree with me. The reason for that however has nothing to do with some asinine desire to rebel against society thru internet message board posts(hope you realize how fuckin stupid that sounds). The reason is because disagreements spark discussion, and i enjoy having interesting discussions with other intelligent people. Unfortunately, the majority of the time instead of getting some intelligent objection to something i've said, i receive baseless assumptions and petty insults. I receive childish, whiny bullshit like what you've graced the forum with here.

I would be more than happy that you took issue with something i said, if you were capable of voicing that issue in a manner that didn't make you come across as a 14 year old girl. Emo poser? Seriously, what mature, intelligent adult(or mature/intelligent person of any age for that matter) uses those two words, let alone those two words together?

Don't buy for a second she was selling it only cuz she had to take care of those kids. Looks like a trashy person.

I'm going to take issue with this. You are as judgemental as fuck. You don't know how much her bills were after her daughter passed, or what her financial situation is. How many kids were left in her care? What makes her look like a trashy person? Because she Oh my gosh, she looks her age? Taking care of an unplanned extra family can do that to you. You have zero empathy for someone who was put into a tragic situation and was trying to make the best of it. It's so easy to take the high road when it isn't you.

~shadow

Saying she's trashy is a general thing based on her appearance and has no bearing at all on her drug selling. My comment earlier shows i see nothing wrong with selling pot. I don't think there's anything wrong with making a negative comment based on someones physical appearance, especially when it's a side statement unrelated to the crime in the article.

And i simply find it hard to believe this was ALL done solely for the kids benefit. Far easier ways to get money to raise children, especially for an old fuck. And 400 grand? How many kids is she stuck raising, 20? Ridiculous. You can't tell me it's not hard to believe someone only picked up on this line of work after inheriting a slew of youngins. This sounds like a pretty high end, high skilled, major growing/dealing operation. She likely had a significant level of prior knowledge and experience with it.

Unlike you i'm not about to start posting rants persecuting this person over it, and i see nothing wrong with folks who believe the opposite of me. Plus, again, i see nothing wrong with someone slinging dope. So me saying, "i find it hard to believe she only started doing this for the kids" is in no way me intending to demonize this poor woman or run her into the mud, unlike what you were doing with your unfair and baseless remarks about the guys in that other story.

Now do you want me to link you all the other threads i've commented in so you can bring this bullshit up yet AGAIN there too? What is this, thread #3 where you've felt the need to try and stir up old, unrelated stuff? Could save you the trouble.

Too long; didn't read. Kinda how you're notorious for not reading a single sentence of a given article past the title before you respond with a completely inaccurate assumption. Your opines are your opines but at least take 3 minutes to refer to the piece written (which is on the same webpage that you type your worthless diatribes). I've mistaken your eagerness to post your witless remarks for taking the act of "going against the norm" to the extreme when in actuality it was just pure laziness and possibly severe problems in your personal life. My apologies.
You spoke like an adult.. are you sick? I have to say, best post today. This one and the one before it. Hit the nail on the head. I hate you a tad bit less than before.

Guys, honestly, haven't you figured what a troll Jack is? He's ENJOYING the attention you are giving him. Even bad attention is attention.

You really cannot include "giantblue" as someone who honestly agrees with your posts. Seems like they need some toilet paper to wipe the brown off their nose for following you around and liking all your posts regardless of how ridiculous they are.

You spoke like an adult.. are you sick? I have to say, best post today. This one and the one before it. Hit the nail on the head. I hate you a tad bit less than before.
I find C2c intelligent a lot of times. That's why it pisses me off when s/he trolls.

I
1444l8m.jpg

Candace Kelly, 65, has pleaded guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of marijuana​
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-pot-help-raise-grandkids.html#ixzz3GwKtaYuj[/QUOTE
I don't think she looks that bad, probably farmwork and genes. I do think that it's ridiculous that she's lost everything including her freedom in this. If it is legal in that state it would have been good for her to go through the paperwork but maybe she was afraid to: paperwork just puts you on a federal radar as well as getting robbed.

Saying she's trashy is a general thing based on her appearance and has no bearing at all on her drug selling. My comment earlier shows i see nothing wrong with selling pot. I don't think there's anything wrong with making a negative comment based on someones physical appearance, especially when it's a side statement unrelated to the crime in the article.

And i simply find it hard to believe this was ALL done solely for the kids benefit. Far easier ways to get money to raise children, especially for an old fuck. And 400 grand? How many kids is she stuck raising, 20? Ridiculous. You can't tell me it's not hard to believe someone only picked up on this line of work after inheriting a slew of youngins. This sounds like a pretty high end, high skilled, major growing/dealing operation. She likely had a significant level of prior knowledge and experience with it.

Unlike you i'm not about to start posting rants persecuting this person over it, and i see nothing wrong with folks who believe the opposite of me. Plus, again, i see nothing wrong with someone slinging dope. So me saying, "i find it hard to believe she only started doing this for the kids" is in no way me intending to demonize this poor woman or run her into the mud, unlike what you were doing with your unfair and baseless remarks about the guys in that other story.

Now do you want me to link you all the other threads i've commented in so you can bring this bullshit up yet AGAIN there too? What is this, thread #3 where you've felt the need to try and stir up old, unrelated stuff? Could save you the trouble.
blah blah blah

Here where I live, there was a woman in her mid-90s that had a BEAUTIFUL flowerbed that she absolutely loved. One of the local cops here went up to her house (he was just driving by on patrol, not on a call) because he saw a certain flower in her flowerbed. He went up to her house, put this woman in HANDCUFFS, and jerked that flower out of her yard. Turned out it was what he called a "poppy plant", some kind of drug plant (it wasn't what he thought it was), and he told this old woman that he would Mace her and have her locked up for 20 years. She was 96 YEARS OLD, for God's sake!!! The cops around here go CRAZY over the stupidest things. :confused::shrug:

Here where I live, there was a woman in her mid-90s that had a BEAUTIFUL flowerbed that she absolutely loved. One of the local cops here went up to her house (he was just driving by on patrol, not on a call) because he saw a certain flower in her flowerbed. He went up to her house, put this woman in HANDCUFFS, and jerked that flower out of her yard. Turned out it was what he called a "poppy plant", some kind of drug plant (it wasn't what he thought it was), and he told this old woman that he would Mace her and have her locked up for 20 years. She was 96 YEARS OLD, for God's sake!!! The cops around here go CRAZY over the stupidest things. :confused::shrug:
that is insane, what state?

This officer didn't even have the excuse of being a rookie. He had been an officer for about 8 years at the time. I think he was just being an asshole. The flower did look like a poppy plant but SHE didn't know that. My mistake, it really WAS a poppy plant. But still, at 96 she could barely SEE the thing. She sure didn't know what kind of flower it was. He threatened her with major jail time for a dope plant that she thought was just pretty. I know the officer and I think it was just a power thing for him.:shrug:

This officer didn't even have the excuse of being a rookie. He had been an officer for about 8 years at the time. I think he was just being an asshole. The flower did look like a poppy plant but SHE didn't know that. My mistake, it really WAS a poppy plant. But still, at 96 she could barely SEE the thing. She sure didn't know what kind of flower it was. He threatened her with major jail time for a dope plant that she thought was just pretty. I know the officer and I think it was just a power thing for him.:shrug:
Arrrrggggggghhhhh. Wrong on so many levels, not the least of which being that it is still legal to raise Poppies in the US. I seem to remember that the flower seed companies sell varieties that don't get you high...hold on, let me verify that...

The Burpee seed catalog sells Poppies:
http://www.burpee.com/perennials/poppy/how-to-grow-poppies-article10780.html

And the Poppy varieties that Burpee or other garden stores sell are not intoxicating.
http://www.ehow.com/info_7928229_difference-oriental-poppies-opium-poppies.html
(Bonus photo of plant that looks like a clitorus included).

What a douchebag. And if she had been growing it illegally, wouldn't it have been more productive to start staking out her house to see if anyone came by for business? So he's a douchebag who's bad at his job in multiple ways. Big man, intimidating an old lady. I think that the officer should get drug tested. For Steroids.

Arrrrggggggghhhhh. Wrong on so many levels, not the least of which being that it is still legal to raise Poppies in the US. I seem to remember that the flower seed companies sell varieties that don't get you high...hold on, let me verify that...

The Burpee seed catalog sells Poppies:
http://www.burpee.com/perennials/poppy/how-to-grow-poppies-article10780.html

And the Poppy varieties that Burpee or other garden stores sell are not intoxicating.
http://www.ehow.com/info_7928229_difference-oriental-poppies-opium-poppies.html
(Bonus photo of plant that looks like a clitorus included).

What a douchebag. And if she had been growing it illegally, wouldn't it have been more productive to start staking out her house to see if anyone came by for business? So he's a douchebag who's bad at his job in multiple ways. Big man, intimidating an old lady. I think that the officer should get drug tested. For Steroids.
and a humiliation to cops that are trying to do their job. Many seem to have forgotten the motto "to serve and protect" not to terrorize and victimize

Length alert. :)

Yeppers, there's very few folks here in the U.S. who sell opium poppy seeds, largely b/c it takes so many flowers to produce enough drug to make it worth the risk of trying to grow them here. You can buy the seeds off the Dark Web all day long, but like many sites, they're heavily monitored. Here's some pretty pictures of opium poppy fields. Please note who's standing in them. :D

http://remixxworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/flashback-us-marines-leaving-afghan.html?m=1

@Concept2complex , nice to see you posting, kiddo. You should do that more often. Very astute. :)

@JackBurton , you're over-using the word "trashy" these past couple of weeks. To be a proper contrarian, you've got to change up on your adjectives now and then.

And...for no particular reason...it's probably a good idea to remember when you change accts., you might want to put some effort into not making the same tense, homonym, compounding, prepositional, and structural errors, as well as using the same, basic vernacular between personalities. I frequently butcher my posts on my cell (using DIY auto-editing progs. for work, and one-thumbing a tiny kb can make you lazy), and I honestly never care about anyone else's posts but mine, but c'mon, you're just making it too easy (see there, same conjunction in the same short sentence, lol). ;)

Re: Grandma, I agree this doesn't sit right, but I can't pick and choose which laws apply to whom, else there's no way she'd be facing up to a decade in prison.

Being a mom/gram, except for a couple speeding tickets, I don't break the law(s) no matter how bassackwards and/or dumb I think they are b/c I can't do much for my kids/gdtr. if I'm incarcerated, I don't want to stigmatize them, or set a bad example, and the thought of going into the same system I worked in gives me nightmares.

That said, I def. think it's time for an overhaul of the CJ system re: marijuana laws. We wouldn't have such a huge problem with overflowing jails, and prison overcrowding resulting in lighter/shorter sentences and early releases for violent criminals/predators if they'd stop clogging up dockets and bedspace with ridiculous MJ busts and sentences.

IMO, the sentencing guidelines she's facing are ludicrous, and I def. agree she should've kept buried whatever cash she didn't immediately need, so somehow, those she was taking care of could've still had access to it. I also like what she had to say about it, but the irony of her ending up on the CJ tax dollar stinks. As always, JMO. YMMV. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back