• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I've been watching the first two seasons of Babylon 5. Promised the kids I'd let them watch some King of the Hill now but season 3 is coming soon...

All the seasons of Weeds and Lost are on there.

Check out the new releases. Lots of new stuff. Goodfellas was in there! Woot! Although they did take my National Lampoons Vacation. Dicks.

Oh, yeah... Trick 'r Treat is streaming now... A special treat for horrorphiles & kids of all ages who love All Hallow's Eve. Enjoy!

Oh, yeah... Trick 'r Treat is streaming now... A special treat for horrorphiles & kids of all ages who love All Hallow's Eve. Enjoy!

Yay! Thank you so much! I was hoping to find something good to watch later tonight. Trick r' Treat is one movie I definitely don't mind watching again! I watched The Shining last night and Poison Ivy.

Lost is one of the best shows I have ever watched. I will tell you nothing no matter how you beg. LOL!

I also enjoy LockDown by National Geographic and I watch Futurama, Family Guy, King of The Hill and Gangland on Instant Watch. My Queue is also FULL of kid movies.

white.jpg

Netflix:

Wow! This was one of the most interesting, amusing, sad, hilarious, and fucked up documentaries I have seen in a long time! It is a very alarming yet fascinating look into the rebel White family of West Virginia. If you like documentaries or reality shows, you will probably enjoy this one. (Also, the choice of music for certain scenes had me laughing my ass off!)

Im watching this one now, I love the Boone County mating call...

They are wild and wonderful. The Boone County mating call is hilarious.

I couldn't help but be a little sad for them.

Last night I watched Unforgotten which isa documentary about the former Willowbrook School in Staten Island and the people who survived it. Mostly it it talks with the family members. It was very interesting and very sad. It also made you wonder what happened to so many others.

I finished Lost, and you guys were right, it is a great entertaining, keep you thinking, kinda show. The ending was a little lame cause I like my ending all tied up nice and neat with the loose ends all tucked in and this was not Lost. I think that even if it didn't make sense they should have explained a little bit, but I guess since you can use your imagination you can make the ending what you want it to be. It got a lot more confusing with the sideways flashes (at least that's what they called them on the blogs I searched to get some understanding of this). I enjoyed watching it for the most part, but what was most important was my husband enjoyed it.

Spartacus - I think it's a show on Starz. Some serious eye-candy and nakedness on that show. Love it.

Damn, yesterday was Ground Hog Day and that movie, which is one of my all time faves is on Instant Watch.

We should have all synchronized our watches and watched it together!

My son just got this instant netflix thing. He loves it. He keeps telling me I can watch movies anytime. But everytime I ask if I can watch a movie..he says "No, I'm watching a movie". WTF? Brat. Hope you are all enjoying yours!!!

Wow! so glad I seen this thread! I've been a netflix lover for a long long time! I just looked up 2 from this thread I'm gonna watch already, thanks guys!

I'm having a mystery science theater 3000 weekend right now, many of the great episodes are ready to go, just finished watching mst3k's 'Werewolf', my favorite one!
[video=youtube;WzjsBU1Jqv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjsBU1Jqv0[/video]

Also the first 2 seasons of 'Dexter' is on there and I watched them as fast as possible and now I'm totally hooked!
(ordered the rest, I'm in season 4 now)

also I have a toddler and loads of kids stuff on here..I'm thinking of doing away with cable all together thanks to netflixs

Last edited:
One of the most powerful movies I have watched on netflix is The Stoning of Soraya M. (true story)
I am going to plagiarize the best voted review as they said way better than I ever could.
i will say this lady did nothing wrong and was stoned to death because she would not divorce her husband, so he could marry a 14 year old. It gives some scary insight into Sharia law. Many wonen are stoned to death to this day. They do not want the West to know this.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The-Stoning-of-Soraya-M./70108800?trkid=438403#height2315
This is a very powerful movie and based on the comments and tears of people in the theater it is also a very emotionally moving story. Be advised, there are some very graphic scenes of spousal abuse and the stoning sequence is disturbing but necessary to the story. The film opens by showing the town where the story takes place and a journalist whose car breaks down nearby. The journalist meets the aunt of Soraya named Zahra and she tells the story of what happened the day before. Soraya is an honorable woman whose unfaithful husband conspires against her for a divorce she will not grant. He finally finds a way to use carefully crafted lies to create charges of infidelity, which carry a death penalty. In the end, Zahra fulfills her promise to let the world know what happened on that day. I was disappointed in how the movie, being set in Iran, uses the backdrop of Islam. I am an Essene Minister and I understand that any faith can be misused by corrupt people. The reaction to this film by some of the Christians in the theater was one of negativity to Islam. It is clear that the practice of honor killing by stoning & misusing faith for injustice is not limited to any one faith. I was saddened to hear comments from the audience about Muslims being bad people. I want to make it clear to anyone watching the film that this film is not about Islam but about mans inhumanity to man and for people of faith it is a film that should make you ask yourself, "How can God forgive us for what we do to each other in the name of faith." Please take the time to see this film and let us all work together to let the world know about this woman's story so we can shed light on injustices done to men and women like Soraya whose deaths we never hear about. We must be willing to act without cowardice to reveal and prevent injustice by being the voice for those who are not heard.

All the seasons of Roseanne, That 70's Show, and My Name is Earl are on there now. Tons of documentaries.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70038987&trkid=1997555
Awful Normal

Gripping 76 minute documentary about a pair of sisters who confront the "classic"family friend that molested them 25 years ago when they were very young. 5 or so.
I watched it to see the molester confess, which he does, and reveal deep detail about why he did it. I found that somewhat fascinating.
The reason I am posting it on here is because there are a lot of victims of child abuse out there and maybe someone will read this and will benefit from watching it.
I can see the baggage an abused person faces as an adult and this provides some sense of healing Possibly this will empower someone to face their abuser which turns out is the scariest shit ever. It turned out to be a good thing these girls. and they can now move on. It can be done sanely.

If ever there was an eye for an eye movie..this is it...
"7 Days"....you could just feel the fathers anger and hurt...

[video=youtube_share;-Vzt9ZW1o5c]http://youtu.be/-Vzt9ZW1o5c[/video]

I love foreign films...this is another good one..."Righteous Ties"

[video=youtube_share;b0E0Jpd2gas]http://youtu.be/b0E0Jpd2gas[/video]

Anyone else having trouble with live streaming lately? I thought it was my Wi-Fi but it seems my jumping movies was only happening on netflix. It seems since they raised their price the service runs poorly for me (maybe from more users) I dunno.

I did watch 'Case 39' and 'Let Me In' yesterday, had some trouble but it was tolerable. the movies were pretty good. I liked 'Let Me In' more than the other, maybe because my expectations were pretty low. Then watched some Vincent Price which is always good.

Back