• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Should Ms. Yoder have been fired?

• yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A server at an Outback Steakhouse in Palm Beach Gardens says she was fired on Thursday after posting on social media that she was not tipped for a $735 take-out order placed by Christ Fellowship.

Tamlynn Yoder, 25, of Lake Park, said Christ Fellowship ordered 25 steaks, 25 chickens and 25 potatoes on Wednesday morning.

“We take the order over the phone, we put the order together, take payment and then take order to the car,” Yoder said. “It’s a lot of work, just as much as serving.”

Yoder said a person from Christ Fellowship came to pick up the order and when Yoder put the food in the car, she received no tip. Yoder said because she spent most of her shift preparing the 75-item order for Christ Fellowship, she only made a total of $18 in tips that day on other orders.

“Tips is how we make our money, we still make a low wage as servers,” Yoder said.

Yoder said, out of frustration, she posted on Facebook that Christ Fellowship left her no tip on an order totaling $735 -- but did not mention where she worked.

Yoder said a male friend who saw her post told her to delete it, and he told her he would call Christ Fellowship about the incident. Yoder said the friend told her the church was going to contact the restaurant to make amends.

When Yoder arrived at Outback the next day for her shift, she was told by her manager that Christ Fellowship got a full refund for the $735 order and she was fired.

Cathie Koch, a spokeswoman for Outback Steakhouse, told The Palm Beach Post that, per company policy, employees cannot post about customers on social media and can be subject to termination if the policy is violated. Koch declined to “go into specifics” about the incident.

Christ Fellowship expressed their apologies about the incident on their Facebook page.

Christ Fellowship said in a statement to The Post that their intent “was to find a way to get a tip to the employee and did not desire in any way for punitive action to be taken.”

“We did not call the restaurant to have her fired, we wanted to get the situation resolved,” said David Lonsberry, an executive director of business for Christ Fellowship, who also spoke to The Post.

Lonsberry said the group is trying to make the situation right, and that members usually leave a generous tip on take-out orders because a lot of church members work as servers.

Christ Fellowship said they are trying to contact Yoder.
http://www.wftv.com/news/trending-n...-order-loses-job-over-facebook-post/697763055
180211_tamlynn_yoder.jpg

I worked my way through college as a server/bartender and people who don't tip are fucking assholes. I gave my ALL to serve even people who treated me rudely and dredged up patience even when I was paid a wage of $2.35 an hour (because the govt assumes servers make tips, so the minimum wage laws do not apply) and still got shit tips at times. Usually from drunk assholes or large parties.
[doublepost=1518406802,1518406577][/doublepost]Also, "Have a blessed day" is the fundie equivalent of "fuck you".

Yes. I fucking said it.

Those lying assed church fucks can go straight to Hell. And I hope all the Jews and gays give them a hearty "buh BYE".

Wonder if she will find work soon.
Its a crummy circumstance to be in.
Smells to me like this church got caught with its hypocrisy showing.

Outback needs to reinstate her, let the religious goons make it right ($735 for the free meal would be a good start)
Then write her up, put it on her record as a warning.

Next would be for Outback to take a better look at what it is paying.

On a side note: are her boobs having a fight?
Looks like they are running away from each other.
Or they just sneaking off to go cuddle in the back?

This is like barely related, but I wanted to add to Frayed's 'blessed day' thing

I was in Walmart with my brother. I'm 28, he's... older than that. Anyway he wanted to buy beer so we got it, went to check out, and the cashier cards him then turns to me and tries to card me too. I have a bad habit of never carrying my ID unless I know I need it so I'm like, "I don't have it, sorry." She refuses to sell to him. Now I look younger than I am so I give her the benefit of the doubt, you know, she probably thinks I'm underage and he's buying it for me (even though I'm not and I hate beer) so while we're going to take it back, I tell him I'll wait in the car and he can try a different cashier. 10 minutes later he comes back sans beer. She'd gone out of her way to find him at another register and tell them not to sell to him. Of course she goes "I'm sorry, I just know you're with (me) and I can't let you buy that unless I know she's legal. Have a blessed day."

I've been there since and seen adults with teenagers and children buy alcohol

Edit: As far as tipping and Christians go, I used to work at a hotel. I worked the desk at night and, when I couldn't sleep, would help housekeeping clean rooms. We'd have huge groups (like 10+ people) and they'd always ask for extras, cram as many people into rooms as possible, leave the place a mess and never tip staff; they wanted a discount on top of all that

Last edited:
On my last server job, Sunday lunch was the worst. Most of the church goers that came in did not tip and wanted discounts for lunches, free drinks, or for kids to eat for free when not eligible. Then, if they ate in large groups, you could add a certain gratuity percentage to the check, sounds great right?? Wrong, they just went to management and complained, so it was removed. The shift wasn’t worth working after the holy rollers stepped in....then they would leave religious materials as a tip or a “message” on the table. WTF, hows that going to pay the light bill?

Last edited:
On a side note: are her boobs having a fight?
Looks like they are running away from each other.
Or they just sneaking off to go cuddle in the back?

It's hard to find a well fitting, supportive bra no matter your size, and extra hard when you have a huge rack like hers. I doubt she can even afford a high quality bra on her salary.

It's hard to find a well fitting, supportive bra no matter your size, and extra hard when you have a huge rack like hers. I doubt she can even afford a high quality bra on her salary.
For all the joy gigundo knockers bring me,
I cannot fathom the hell it must be lugging those things around.

Nah. I'm on Tamlynn's side.
True, the church is trying to make amends. Maybe they have by now.
She didn't post where she worked. It was one of her "friends" that snitched on her. Fuck that guy.
I feel she had absolute justification in feeling angry. That was a lot of work for her to be ignored.

tries to card me too.

People don't know how to use their own best judgement, they don't have any common sense either.

the hell it must be lugging those things around.

I have always thought that if men had to lug around 10-15lb testicles(each testicle) they might under stand a little bit more. Especially if they couldn't ever find a jock strap that fit properly and when, on the unlikely ocasssion, they can, it costs aobut $100 and you have drive all the way across the state to get it.

Religious people are fucking assholes typically they fail to understand the lessons from church. What's really bad is when you go out for Sunday brunch and them motherfuckers know you ain't been to church and they look at you like a heathen. Sure I may have been at the titty bar the night but I don't need those dirty looks.

I'm curious why the church chose to blow that much money on food instead of using it for more charitable means. You cant feed yourselves for cheaper?

Also curious why they accepted the full refund if they supposedly weren't the least bit upset over the entire thing. That's the most questionable thing about this entire story. I can buy that someone truly didnt know you should tip the person who brings your take-out to you. But the rest? It doesn't add up. So they merely called so as to arrange to get a tip to the waitress, and instead they get a full refund and she is left with nothing, not even a job? How'd they fuck that one up? Why take the refund?

Sorry, the church can not be believed on this one. Their take on the situation is truly bizarre.

The manager of this establishment should be named and hassled by the media, and by me on social media. Not sure why that hasnt happened yet, he/she being named. Bizarre stuff.

On a sidenote, i bet this broad makes fucking BANK with that freakish rack, good lord.

I hate the tipping culture. It is guilting the public into paying the employees wages instead of the employer.

It's part of dining out in America though and has been for a LONG time. This is just the way the restuarant industry is. Don't like it, don't eat out.

Thanks for saying that. As a Wal-Mart employee ( makes more than a server) I have a hard time affording bras as I wear an H. And after about a triple D they do face different directions because there is only so much center room.

Thanks for saying that. As a Wal-Mart employee ( makes more than a server) I have a hard time affording bras as I wear an H. And after about a triple D they do face different directions because there is only so much center room.

I have several friends who are in that size range, and they often talk about their frustration trying to find a bra that fits. One, who has lots of money, has solved that by switching to custom made bras, which fit great, but most women can't afford to pay $300 for a custom bra, so the rest of my busty friends just keep comparing notes on brands they have tried that worked better. Good luck in your quest. <3

I'm curious why the church chose to blow that much money on food instead of using it for more charitable means. You cant feed yourselves for cheaper?

Also curious why they accepted the full refund if they supposedly weren't the least bit upset over the entire thing. That's the most questionable thing about this entire story. I can buy that someone truly didnt know you should tip the person who brings your take-out to you. But the rest? It doesn't add up. So they merely called so as to arrange to get a tip to the waitress, and instead they get a full refund and she is left with nothing, not even a job? How'd they fuck that one up? Why take the refund?

Sorry, the church can not be believed on this one. Their take on the situation is truly bizarre.

The manager of this establishment should be named and hassled by the media, and by me on social media. Not sure why that hasnt happened yet, he/she being named. Bizarre stuff.

@JackBurton , you nailed it here.:laser:

Somehow the Church, while under the guise of "doing right" by the untipped server, manages not to make amends on the tip (approx. $100.00+ USD), while also somehow wrangling *and accepting* a full refund for their $735.00 order, which was apparently consumed without any complaints for the food itself?

That dog don't hunt.

Had they actually wanted to correct the situation, they would have gone back and left a generous tip and merely apologized for the incident, without mentioning the FB post.
After Ms. Yoder was fired, the Church should have informed the Outback management that the disciplinary actions towards the server for their own gross oversight in this matter was inappropriate, and the Church would severe all future business with that Outback branch location until Ms. Yoder was reinstated.

On a follow up story, the Church did indeed contact Ms. Yoder, and in her words, generously compensated her for the overlooked tip, but she's still without a job.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...-not-tipped-735-order/1WdSSRd27tTlqYJHmxMOUP/

IMO, the Church wanted to get as far away as possible from the negative publicity; had this story not made the news, I highly doubt they would have done anything more than enjoy the free food.

I moonlighted as a pizza chef for years at a local mom & pop restaurant, and at the end of every month I saw servers who actually owed the restaurant money for taxes.
They made $2.15 an hour plus tips, and their taxes were calculated at regular (non-tipped) minimum wage. Most were lucky to bring in $35.00+ a day in tips, and having to repay the bosses for taxes at the end of the month was like witnessing a slap in the face to each of them.
I was often tipped by regular customers for big pizza takeout orders, and always made a point of putting those tips in the communal tip jar that the servers shared (in itself another asinine practice in many restaurants), as I was the highest hourly pay staff member on my shifts, and made over 7x what the servers made.

It's rather surprising that the Outback doesn't add the automatic 10% gratuity charge for all orders over $200.00 or guest parties with 10+ diners.
This has been a standard practice of most chain restaurants for over 30 years, and frankly a necessity for their employee's who's earnings rely almost exclusively on customer's gratuities.
If they do have this policy, it appears any automatic gratuities charged aren't making their way down to the tipped employees from the restaurant's management.

I have been fortunate never had to work for just min wage. Where they only pay 2.15 hour
I have worked in restaurants/ bars
I never expected to be tipped .I either earned it or not, If customer felt I did well so be it,
If not fine.

I was taught Tips were earned not expected

My youngest daughter, is a server. She is amazing. She manages to pay her bills and care for her family, with her tips. She however ends up having to pay State taxes every year, because the "checks" she gets are never enough to deduct State taxes. Her, insurance also has to come out of that pittance, so yep she has to fork over funds from her tips (her take home pay) to pay the remaining amount due. She has short term disability, so when she had her youngest, she felt safe. Nope, she had to come out of pocket for her insurance payments, before she could get her little tiny check for Short term disability. Then she had to wait 4 weeks before she even got a penny.

They should’ve tipped her but she shouldn’t have violated company policy by posting on FB, even if she didn’t name them. Yay, everybody loses.

I have several friends who are in that size range, and they often talk about their frustration trying to find a bra that fits. One, who has lots of money, has solved that by switching to custom made bras, which fit great, but most women can't afford to pay $300 for a custom bra, so the rest of my busty friends just keep comparing notes on brands they have tried that worked better. Good luck in your quest. <3

I'm not at all chesty (36DD and I am really tall so on my frame they are average) and I.too, have a super hard time finding bras that support, give good coverage without looking like old lady bras, and don't give me double-boob or back fat bulges. And since I am a broke bitch, I ain't shelling out more than $50 for a booby holder.

That's probably why I can't find a decent bra.

I'm not at all chesty (36DD and I am really tall so on my frame they are average) and I.too, have a super hard time finding bras that support, give good coverage without looking like old lady bras, and don't give me double-boob or back fat bulges. And since I am a broke bitch, I ain't shelling out more than $50 for a booby holder.

That's probably why I can't find a decent bra.
I know how u feel, 38DDD is hard to find too.

Torrid makes great bras, a little pricey but they fit and they're comfortable; they have a lot of sales. I think they carry 36D and 38DDD... just so you girls know...

I have been fortunate never had to work for just min wage. Where they only pay 2.15 hour
I never expected to be tipped .I either earned it or not, If customer felt I did well so be it,
If not fine.

Yes. You've been mightily fortunate.

I would suggest you visit those blessings and be grateful rather than lambasting others for seeking to right the inequities they are dealt.

I have NEVER known a server (in the US) who was paid well above minimum wage and able to subsist on salary alone.

You should be grateful for that experience and also for the unicorn that rode you over the Rainbow Express to Lieville.

IMO, the Church wanted to get as far away as possible from the negative publicity; had this story not made the news, I highly doubt they would have done anything more than enjoy the free food.

Agree 100%

I wanted toa dd as well that Outback is a garbage, overprised restuarant. Fuck that place. No idea how they stay in business.

I'm not at all chesty (36DD

And since I am a broke bitch

Show em off for money.

If not fine.

That's all irrelevant to this story.

Agree 100%

I wanted toa dd as well that Outback is a garbage, overprised restuarant. Fuck that place. No idea how they stay in business.

Show em off for money.

That's all irrelevant to this story.
So are bras
Jack next time you brush your teeth don't use shit as tooth paste.. it stinks every time you come here
Wonder why she only made 18 dollars in tips ?
Wonder if she tips busboys / cooks
Fuck you and her. whinning cunts
[doublepost=1518715287,1518713417][/doublepost]Sad for you ,,the only people you know that haven't made over min wage ...sounds like maybe the company you keep is not valued or don't have what it takes to make more

That unicorn you talk about ! I cant ride it,
Poor thing,, After you were done with it from the beatings ,starvation, negelet and broken spirit . I had to put it down The misery you put him thru ...You and Your fucking rainbows..

Now you called me a lair
I call you out
We meet at High Noon
At the OK corral in Lieville
Since your the only one that knows where and why that is .

They make 10 @ hour Take out orders are part of the job Tip or no tip
She shouldn't have fired .But if she was a good employee why did she only make 18 in tips
She has choices she can change jobs .
Maybe she should go design bras for the well endowed
Or sell clip art of her tits on line I am sure she can make more money if she or Your friends stopped with the entitlement attitude and smart Alec mouth. Used better work ethics

So are bras
I was one of the ones talking about bras so, fuck you and GTFOH if you don’t like it.

Seems like your toothpaste is shit too. Nice try on calling people out! It could have possibly worked if your grammar and typing skills were up to par.

Last edited:
  1. Average Hourly Rate for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. Employees. Excluding overtime pay (which bumps median pay up to $18.02), people who work for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. earn a median wage of $9.95 per hour.
    Outback Steakhouse, Inc. Wages, Hourly Wage Rate | PayScale
That's not bad
Dead Stephie
Close your legs you stink up the thread
I would rather be paid a higher wage then worrying about spelling gramner etc
I know that when people pay more attention on someone's spelling / grammer they are not reading the content
You should been a school teacher ..
And who Are you Mrs Dead Spelling Police

You attack me for my comment but not the comment of someone calling me a lair
Poof your gone ...

1. Average Hourly Rate for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. Employees. Excluding overtime pay (which bumps median pay up to $18.02), people who work for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. earn a median wage of $9.95 per hour.
That's not bad
Dead Stephie
Close your legs you stink up the thread
I would rather be paid a higher wage then worrying about spelling gramner etc
I know that when people pay more attention on someone's spelling / grammer they are not reading the content
You should been a school teacher ..
And who Are you Mrs Dead Spelling Police

You attack me for my comment but not the comment of someone calling me a lair
Poof your gone ...
You started the fucking shit so own it. And it’s liar, not lair. Also, it’s grammar not grammer. If the content was of any value I wouldn’t have to pay attention to the grammar and spelling. Sorry you suck.

Why would I attack the person calling you a liar??? I like her, I don’t give a single fuck about your simple ass.

Last edited:
Server
$2.71 This is what the servers make. Your link (just a bit further down) Apparently you just took what served your argument.

Average Hourly Rate for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. Employees. Excluding overtime pay (which bumps median pay up to $18.02), people who work for Outback Steakhouse, Inc. earn a median wage of $9.95 per hour.

Latest posts

Back