• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
This is what passes for heroic in my town. Thank gawd he saved Jack in the Box!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/235813845-story
[....]
Officer Chris Womack says he had just finished dinner with his wife when he heard the call about a vehicle on fire nearby. He rushed over to the restaurant and saw the truck on fire, dangerously close to the restaurant in the drive-thru. That’s was when he decided to use his patrol vehicle to push the truck away.

The driver of the truck says the fire began in the engine. He was able to get his wife and daughter out of the truck safely before it burst into flames.

And thanks to the officer’s quick thinking, nobody in the restaurant or the drive-thru was injured.

"My adrenaline was going a little bit. But in the video, I've watched it a couple of times, I'm breathing pretty heavily. Well, that's because the windows were down and I didn't have the train of thought to roll the windows up during it," Officer Womack explained. "It was just a God-send that I was here at that particular time."
[....]
“I would like to commend Officer Chris Womack. Due to his courage and quick thinking, he was able to prevent a burning vehicle from causing major damage to the Jack in the Box and protecting the employees.”

I should point out that the video begins with a little written blurb that lasts way too long. The actual footage starts around :35.

Last edited:
Back