1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

Girl Who Survived Being Drugged, Tied Up And Raped Is Getting Death Threats

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by Sugar Cookie, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Sugar Cookie

Sugar Cookie Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $141,684.75
    http://www.dailycommercial.com/news...-victim-receiving-threats-over-friends-murder
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 14
  2. MiaBella

MiaBella Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $2,658.35
    That's some fucked up shit when a community would rather a rapist be free rather than getting his ass off the street to prevent him doing this to someone else's daughter, sister or mother.

I give up. Our society is fucked.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Sejanus

Sejanus Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $48,061.42
    What a crummy place to have to live when crap like that is in the neighbourhood

• Agree Agree x 10
  4. Stormcloud

Stormcloud Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $5,545.14
    ... wtf on blaming the surviving victim?

She's a goddamn hero for escaping and warning people about what was going on at all.

Yeah, she made a mistake, its what kids do. BUT she tried to save herself and her friend, no way of knowing he'd actually kill her.

All the assholes blaming her for this? Yeah, no. Blame the grooming, rapist pos.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 3
  5. Craygor

Craygor Norse American Bold Member!

Credit:
    $17,726.53
    It would appear the girl's family didn't give to much of a shit that a "family friend" took two 16 year old nubile young girls to a "party", that it was known that he was interested in spearing the bearded clam with at least one of them and that the family wasn't concern that the teens were out all night until the girl made it back in the morning and told them what happened. Also, the girls were texting before, yet there is no indication teen rapist (and murderer) Larry took the phones away. WFT? There is a shit more that isn't being told or someone is lying, probably both. Not that this excuses the death threats, its just that the story of the night of the rape and murder isn't adding up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. Peanut2

Peanut2 Active Member

Credit:
    $4,102.05
    All the signs were there, the family didn't pay enough attention to them to protect the girl. Now they're deflecting responsibility onto another young girl. It must be nice going through life or having to be responsible for anything...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Muriel Schwenck

Muriel Schwenck Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $58,980.78
    How is she a hero? She escaped from a terrible situation which she initially willingly walked into thinking she would get booze and weed. The results were horrifying.
    She's a survivor.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. mybum62

mybum62 Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $21,090.52
    She was in survivor mode trying to get herself and her friend out of it. She freed herself but it was already too late for her friend. She is a hero. She got help there...so sad it was too late.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Muriel Schwenck

Credit:
    $58,980.78
    Survivor mode doesn't equal heroism.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Stormcloud

Stormcloud Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $5,545.14
    It does to go back with help for the one left behind.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Craygor

Credit:
    $17,726.53
    She didn't go looking for her. The article says that the deputies took her phone to look for the wi-fi signal.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 23, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 23, 2017 ---
    Who uses the word "ligature" outside an operation room?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Muriel Schwenck

Credit:
    $58,980.78
    Let's be realistic. Calling 911 for yourself and another victim is not "going back with help". Because this:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  13. JackBurton

JackBurton Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $50,616.61
    I think people in the community are prob more mad that she talked to authorities regarding the matter.

In low income urban environments, there is a firmly held belief amongst even the most respected, highest members of said society that individuals who communicate with police officers deserve, and will likely get, lacerations deep enough to require suturing to mend.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. lithiumgirl

lithiumgirl Pretty Nice Troll Bold Member!

Credit:
    $94,618.47
    This is what happens when your kids hangout with thirty five year olds.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Echasez

Echasez Hope is the thing with feathers. Bold Member!

Credit:
    $36,644.10
    The death threats are being towards the surviving victim because they are blaming her for Aleya's death. Not because she ID'ed the rapist.

o_O Huh?

Maybe she was confused about the location? Drugs will do that...

And that's why you don't get paid to think. @JackBurton! It'd be a piss poor way to make a living :rolleyes:

It seems like a lot of you read this article with shit colored glasses. Reading some of the comments is a study in victim blaming.

• Show The Love Show The Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  16. Craygor

Credit:
    $17,726.53
    Unfortunately, Jack has a point, living here in Baltimore the "Stop Snitching" message is fully entrenched, not only will witnesses of crimes won't give information, but almost every day an actual attempted murder victim who is wounded is reported in the local news that they are not cooperating with police.

As for victim blaming, I'm sure if most of us here are sounding critical of a victim it does not mean we are giving a criminal a pass, we are just flabbergasted by the failure of using common sense by the victim, or in this case the family (or at least I am). Here's a couple of examples. We are told not to leave packages in our cars in plane sight for a thief to steal, but if we do and a scumbag steals them that doesn't exonerate the criminal, it just shows we failed to use common sense to protect our belongs from the shitheads of the world. Also, we have the right to express our views without repercussions as long as we are not hurting anyone, but I know if a walk into a biker bar and express an opinion that bikers are no good pieces of shit and anyone who wears leather is a twink looking for a bear, well I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a rough time after that. No body deserves to be a victim, but there are times when we just shake our head when we see what are obviously unwise decisions a victim made that lead up to a bad incident and wonder "Don't they know there are bad people in this world? Why would you do that?"

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Awesome Response! Awesome Response! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Echasez

Echasez Hope is the thing with feathers. Bold Member!

Credit:
    $36,644.10
    I'm not saying "Stop Snitching" isn't a thing, just saying in this article/case, it seems that the threats are coming from a different source:
    Yes, she should make better decisions, hopefully as she grows up she will gain maturity.

It's interesting to think about the psychology behind the comments.

• Like Like x 3
    • Show The Love Show The Love x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  18. Sugar Cookie

Sugar Cookie Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $141,684.75
    http://www.wesh.com/article/man-acc...year-old-arrested-by-sumter-deputies/15087978

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  19. Craygor

Credit:
    $17,726.53
    This fucktard has already done 3 separate stints in the big house for crimes including, burglary, evading, possession of illicit drugs with intent to distribute, resisting arrest and assaulting firefighters/EMS. Now this tired looking hooligan can add rapist/murderer to his business card.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM
  20. Salepo

Salepo Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,025.99
    Love these local news stories. Didn't realize what a fucked up area this place was till we moved here. And I knew Florida was not right.

21. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot I drank what? Bold Member!

Credit:
    $33,921.67

It's not all bad! Lots of lakes for water skiing and the beach is always an hour or less away!

Make a day trip to Mt. Dora and do some antiquing and have lunch. You might like Florida a bit more!

• Like Like x 2
  22. notchback

notchback Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $10,828.16
    [Channeling my inner JackBurton]

WTF? If she had a cell phone with her at the house, why didn't she call 911 then? She's fucking stupid and probably only called later because her parents told her to.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot I drank what? Bold Member!

Credit:
    $33,921.67

I think because drugs and Rapey McRaperson. Also, teenagers are still rocking the lizard brain.

I think she did the best she could considering the shitty circumstances.

And shit....I played at Wooten Park many times as a little Knot. :(

24. Sue sue

Sue sue !#$###!? Pickles Bold Member!

Credit:
    $76,930.87
    It’s Sumter County not Sumpter County.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:50 PM, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:45 PM ---
    Bushnell is pretty small mostly cattle and horse ranches and alligators

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Salepo

Salepo Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,025.99
    I wish. Maybe if we could find a way to financially survive and I didn't work overnight retail with all the weirdos that show up here.

26. supergoober

supergoober New Member

Credit:
    $63.05
    This peavy pervert needs a heavy duty firecracker in his nether regions!

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. Ripley

Ripley Active Member

Credit:
    $1,435.97
    Trauma & drugs— and it’s really easy to second guess victims’ actions. The teen brain is smart enough to understand bad things can happen but not mature enough yet to realize it’s not worth the risk.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Dead Stephanie

Dead Stephanie Doesn’t play well with others... Bold Member!

Credit:
    $7,359.96
    Do you need Imodium? Or Pepto?

• Funny Funny x 3
  29. notchback

notchback Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $10,828.16
    I'd rather puke it up than shit it out.

• Funny Funny x 4