• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
A self-proclaimed Fort Collins psychic is accused of bilking $37,000 from a woman distraught over a breakup with her boyfriend.

Gina Marks and her husband, Steven Marks, were arrested Monday. Both are charged with Class 4 felony theft. Additional felony counts of identity theft and financial crime have been lodged against Gina Marks.

Police say the couple convinced the woman to buy mystical crystals from them and to give them Target gift cards which Gina Marks later spent on electronics and home goods.

The alleged victim said she kept thinking of the number "nine," to which Gina Marks said she needed $9,000 in an envelope the two exchanged throughout their meetings.

As the woman started to have doubts about Marks and faced financial hardships she asked for her $9,000 back, police said.

Police say Steven Marks, 35, got involved at that point, as the couple convinced the woman to spend a combined $21,700 on gems that would prevent her ex-boyfriend from finding love on Match.com, among other claims.
The woman also opened a credit line at Target to purchase thousands of dollars in gift cards, which Gina Marks reportedly said she would meditate over and return to the client. When the woman asked why she never received the cards, "Steve Marks said the gift cards were in a Bible and Gina Marks was working on them," police wrote.

Later, Steven Marks said the only way to ensure happiness was for the woman to spend $67,500 on "Armor of God," a spiritual and non-tangible item that consisted of a helmet, breastplate and sword, police said.

If she didn't oblige, her soul mate would forget about her and "would meet a blonde sex addict" who Steven Marks "described as the spawn of Satan in mortal form," the affidavit states.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/03/04/police-fort-collins-psychic-bilked-woman/24398067/

Part of me thinks they might not be legit , but then I remember they are meditating over target gift cards , not walmart gift cards . Shouldn't the victim be charged with some type of criminal stupidity , or at least found in need of financial supervision ?

So... you get hinky feels, go to ask for your money back as you are also hard up, and instead get convinced to give them more than double that amount again? jfc...

First of all, how could ANYONE believe this shit and second of all, even if it DID work, how fucking hard up are you that you'd go to all this work and throw all this money away over an ex?

The woman also opened a credit line at Target to purchase thousands of dollars in gift cards, which Gina Marks reportedly said she would meditate over and return to the client.

Seriously, what possible logic could she use to explain needing to meditate on target gift cards?! How the fuck could that possibly be connected to getting a boyfriend back? Was she supposed to send him the gift cards? (I realize that clearly it was just so the cons could get gift cards, but I'm wondering what tale of wonder they wove for Ms. Gullible Supreme to explain this.)

Last edited:
On another note,if the victim was already in trouble financially after spending $9,000 how did she come up with another $21,000?

Proving fraud on anything besides the gift cards that were promised to be returned and weren't might be difficult, and the "victim" shouldn't get any of her money back. I doubt the prosecution can prove that the crystals and gems were not imbued with magic love spells as promised. If she's neither mentally handicapped nor elderly, she's just plain stupid, and such people shouldn't be able to go crying to Big Brother when they fuck up and have things taken care of for them.

Okay, I kind of feel sorry for the woman who was ripped-off, but...damn...this is just hilarious. How could anybody be that stupid!? I want to see a picture of her.

Now, regarding the perps...good lord, I hope they haven't bred. I really don't think they have any DNA that could possibly produce a beautiful child.

@rod2pop my cat just jumped on my desk and told me he could save you from the " nurse possessed by many demons " holding the " catheter of 100 rusty spikes " . I have no clue what he means , but he says you'll know what he means ? He is saying it was like that dream you had that wasn't really a dream ? Anyway he says he can help you if you send some petco gift cards for him to purr over . He says it is urgent , and to avoid caffeine , and blondes with chipped nail polish .

So... you get hinky feels, go to ask for your money back as you are also hard up, and instead get convinced to give them more than double that amount again? jfc...

First of all, how could ANYONE believe this shit and second of all, even if it DID work, how fucking hard up are you that you'd go to all this work and throw all this money away over an ex?

Seriously, what possible logic could she use to explain needing to meditate of target gift cards?! How the fuck could that possibly be connected to getting a boyfriend back? Was she supposed to send him the gift cards? (I realize that clearly it was just so the cons could get gift cards, but I'm wondering what tale of wonder they wove for Ms. Gullible Supreme to explain this.)
Maybe if she bought the shirt of a certain color with the meditated on target cards it would draw mystery soul mate to her more than a shirt bought with cards that have not been " focused " . Or there is also a gift card scam of some sort going .

Maybe if she bought the shirt of a certain color with the meditated on target cards it would draw mystery soul mate to her more than a shirt bought with cards that have not been " focused " . Or there is also a gift card scam of some sort going .
Wait! Maybe she was supposed to use the gift cards to buy underwear for him... underwear that would magically make his dick limp for anyone but her!

Okay:

1. What the fuck is wrong with that woman's face? I think they needed the $$$ for her to get a damn nose job.

2. I can't muster up much sympathy for the "victim", I can't. Throwing away that kind of money so some dude doesn't find the predicted "blonde sex addict", it may be better that she doesn't have money, next she'd be buying magic beans to grow a damn beanstalk to climb.:rolleyes:

Unless the dumbass is mentally handicapped, then she's not a victim at all. No one forced her into any of this. She CHOSE to believe their nonsense, she CHOSE to voluntarily GIVE them money. I honestly don't even understand what these people were arrested for.

Classic example of the gov't coddling dimwits.

Back