• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

crickett

Trusted Member
carolinablue brought up this story and it really touched me. So I am trying to put something out there before I start work for the weekend. I am hoping that carolinablue will add to this as she is close to this story.
This is such a tragic fail on the part of social services that it needs to be told.

January 27th, 2010 09:43 AMcrickett
I would be honored to write up your story. Just send me the particulars and some links. I will take a look and write it up before this weekend.
God bless
crickett

Edit Report January 26th, 2010 07:10 AMcarolinablue
ickett, i love the write-ups you give these terrible crimes. i feel awkward asking this, but would you be interested in writing a story i have been unable to write due to emotional involvement? it's the Courtney LeBlanc/Gerald Bordelon story, a convicted sex offender and a selfish woman with a young daughter; you can fill in the blanks. i'm too close to the story to do it well, and Courtney deserves to have it told. now i know why she wanted to spend so much time at her friends' houses. her story wants to be told and i can't do it; i don't have the talent and i can't "step back" emotionally. if you feel it's something you could do it would honor the memory of a lovely girl, gone too soon because of an ignorant, selfish woman and a monster who passed for human. now i really am going to cry.

cCourtney-LeBlanc.jpg

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-379268

January 8, 2010

Convict executed at Angola for brutal 2006 murder of child

Gerald Bordelon, a convicted sex offender who confessed to killing his 12-year-old stepdaughter, has been executed for her murder.

The 47-year-old man was put to death this evening by lethal injection at the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola.

Time of death was listed at approximately 6:32pm.

Bordelon waived his right to appeal the death sentence.

Bordelon strangled Courtney LeBlanc in 2002 after kidnapping her from her Livingston Parish home at knifepoint and forcing her to perform a sex act on him. Bordelon led police to her body in a wooded area by the Amite River,near Baton Rouge.

He gave a taped confession and was convicted of the murder in 2006.

Bordelon had spent much of his life in prison after previous rape convictions before he killed Courtney LeBlanc.***Louisiana State Social Services {OCS} knew of Bordelon's past criminal history of sex crimes against juveniles,and yet,kept returning the child back to her mother,and Bordelon.****

This is what it takes in Louisiana to get an investigation going against Louisiana OCS.A child has to die in their custody,or under their management,before any investigation can be made,or for the governor to take notice !

Only about 2% of Louisiana social workers employed by the State of Louisiana actually
have a college degree in social work, leaving the other 98% to receive on the job training. Our children deserve better than this.The governors just don't get it,or either they just don't care.
This is not just the governor's fault, but the buck should stop there ! The governor of Louisiana appoints people like Christy Nichols,as administrator of DSS,and she appoints an uncaring under secretary Karen Hebert,whom passes the buck down to employees like
Karen Grant,Evelyn Jenkins,Mona Michelli ,Dondria Glover,Keener Gandy,and the list goes on,and on,and most of these people,like Keener Gandy,Dondria Glover,and many many others were hired right off the street,with no psychological background test,and just punch a state clock,and have these children's lives in their hands !

Does Governor Jindal really know any of these people,and does he oversee their job performance ? Did Governor's Blanco,or Foster know who was actually taking care of the state's children.

Why can't Governor Jindal, Christy Nichols, Karen Hebert, do something proactive to prevent the unnecessary deaths of these children? Why do they have to die first,before something is done ? !

Sure, Gerald Bordelon was put to death tonight,but,that won't help Courtney LeBlanc,and the other children killed,and abused while in,or under the care of Louisiana State Social Services,who should be supervised by the governor of Louisiana,regardless of who happens to hold that office.

It's time for Louisiana voters to contact their legislatures to enact new laws to govern the manner in which the Louisiana Dept.of Social Services hires,trains employees,which will mandate the proper care of children in state custody,and to appoint a board to oversee the work performance of said employees,and mandate that ALL crimes against children while in custody of social services be reported to police officials.

Let's not let the deaths of the children be in vain ! The social services system for children is broken.

Last edited:
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/savethechildren/tears22.htm

I would like to give credit to The Victims, Children Who Never Made It Home and Stolen Innocence webpages for most of the names found here.

Courtney LeBlanc The 12-year-old Denham Springs girl had been dead at least five days when Gerald "Jimmy" Bordelon, 40, her stepfather and a three-time convicted sex offender, led investigators to the body Tuesday afternoon.

according to homicide detectives, Gerald Bordelon didn't go to work the day Courtney Leblanc was murdered. It was raining that Friday November 15th. he worked for a concrete company. In these court documents detailing his confession, he drove by Leblanc's trailer in Denham springs early that morning. Her mother and his wife, Jennifer Bordelon, was not home. so, he parked his car in a wooded area and went in through the back door. Gerald says it was easy to get into.

He saw Courtney sleeping on the couch. He shook her by the arm and told her to wake up. Bordelon says he went into the kitchen to get a knife. he grabbed the 12 year-old by her arm and told her to come on.

He told the girl if she said a word he would kill her. His confession continues with them getting in his car, driving through Clinton and into Mississippi. During the drive, he had her take her underwear off. He started fondling her.

The confession says he drove down a gravel road. the knife was still on the seat. It says he forced her to perform a sex act on him. They left Mississippi around 9 that morning. They came back to Baton Rouge where he drove in a field next to Florida Blvd. near the Amite river.

He told detectives he followed her down a dirt path. The knife was tucked away in his back pocket. Bordelon says Courtney asked "where are we going?" He told her "to the river." He says then, he pushed Courtney down. She fell on her face. He says she rolled over. He straddled her body and choked her. She managed to bite him on his left thumb. It started bleeding. The blood was on her shirt that somehow came off during the struggle.

He choked her until she died. Bordelon told detectives he took the body into a wooded area 15 to 20 feet from where he killed her.
He returned to his car where he took the victim's panties that she removed en route to Mississippi and threw them out. Then, he called his sister, Cindy Landry. He went to her house where he washed his clothes that he used during the murder.

The knife had fallen out of his pocket when he walked back to the car. A fisherman discovered it and gave it to detectives.
When asked what were Courtney's last words, Bordelon says she asked "why do you like the river?"

http://www.flutterbyewings.com/murder/courtney-michelle-leblanc

Last edited:
http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/Pending/10/jan10.htm

Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
January 7, 2010 Louisiana Courtney LeBlanc, 12 Gerald Bordelon executed
Gerald Bordelon, a previously convicted sex offender, was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of his 12-year-old step-daughter, Courtney LeBlanc.
Bordelon had prior convictions for forcible rape and aggravated crime against nature. He had been paroled after serving 10 years of a 20-year sentence. Courtney's mother Jennifer Kocke had met Bordelon on the internet and married him in 2001. They moved from Louisiana to Mississippi and lived in a trailer owned by Bordelon's parents outside of Gloster, Mississippi. However, during the Christmas holidays in 2001, Courtney's mother learned from Courtney and one of her sisters that Bordelon had molested them. She notified the police and Bordelon was ordered to leave the residence. THAT'S FUCKING A-L-L THE POLICE DID???WTF???

Kocke and her children moved back to Louisiana, however she maintained contact with her husband. She moved into a rented trailer Denham Springs in October 2002. Bordelon began working on various repairs to the trailer. On November 15, 2002, Bordelon kidnapped Courtney from her home at knifepoint. Courtney was alone at the trailer because her uncle had been admitted to a local hospital in critical condition following a car accident and Kocke stayed at the hospital overnight with her brother. Local residents volunteered to search for the missing girl, and 11 days after she disappeared. On November 26, 2002, Bordelon confessed to her murder and led authorities to Courtney's partially nude body.
In his videotaped confession, Bordelon admitted that he had taken Courtney to a wooded area near Baton Rouge on the banks of the Amite River where he strangled her. He said he parked his car in a wooded area early that morning and found Courtney sleeping on the couch. He shook her arm and told her to come with him. In his confession, Bordelon said, "I took Courtney and told her if she screamed or hollered or tried to get away, I was going to kill her." He said that during the drive to Mississippi, he forced Courtney to remove her underwear so he could fondle her. He drove down a gravel road and made the girl perform oral sex on him.
They left Mississippi around 9 am and returned to Baton Rouge. He made Courtney walk down a dirt path near the Amite River, and Courtney asked, "Where are we going?" He told her they were going "to the river." When asked what Courtney's last words were, Bordelon said, "Why do you like the river?"
After reaching the banks of the river, Bordelon said he pushed Courtney down and she fell on her face, then rolled over. He straddled her and choked her with his hands. Courtney was able to bite Bordelon's left thumb hard enough to cause bleeding. After choking Courtney to death, Bordelon said he moved her body into a wooded area and concealed her with heavy underbrush, then returned to his car and threw out Courtney's panties. He then called his sister and went to her home so he could wash his clothing. AND SHE JUST FUCKING LET HIM???
Bordelon's semen and Courtney's DNA were found in Bordelon's car. While awaiting trial, Bordelon and another inmate escaped from the Livingston Parish jail in 2003, but were recaptured the same weekend. A passing motorist reported seeing Bordelon near a highway. Bordelon has said, "I would commit the crime again if ever given the chance." The jury took only 38 minutes to deliberate before sentencing Bordelon to death.
n October 2003, an Amite County jury deliberated for less than half an hour before finding Courtney’s mother, Jennifer Kocke, guilty of felony child abuse for allowing her daughter to have contact with her husband, who was a FOUR-TIME CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER!!! WTF??? (They got NO other dick in that state?)
Circuit Judge Forrest “Al” Johnson ordered that Jennifer could never have any contact with Gerald Bordelon. And Johnson ordered that on every June 5, which was Courtney’s birthday, Jennifer must write at least a 200-word letter to her daughter and have it filed in the Amite County Circuit Court no later than each June 10.

Copyright 2010
Site created and maintained by Charlene Hall - info@prodeathpenalty.com

Last edited:
God bless you crickett. this is the story i have been trying to tell for months; i just can't do it. i can hardly type this, the guilt is so great..if only i had known. with my big mouth and pitt bull tenacity i might have been able to make a difference. i'll never know. she was bright and funny and had so much to give the world. Gerald Bordelon did one thing right, but it was too late for Courtney. thank you.

poor baby girl. what an awful mother f'er that man was thankfully he's gone to hell where he belongs.

Go, Judge Johnson and the State of Louisiana! Not only was this guy tried, convicted and executed in less than the lifespan of the girl he murdered, but the person who was supposed to love, cherish and protect her from scum like Bordelon is being punished in a way that will constantly remind her that her selfish choices robbed her child of her life and dreams.

poor baby girl. what an awful mother f'er that man was thankfully he's gone to hell where he belongs.
Yes there are horrible child abusing people out there, that's why we have CPS an ineffective worthless agency with perk teflon appointed administrators , well versed in double talk and more adapt at increasing party campaign contributions than running an effective agency and helping children

nothing is 100%

Go, Judge Johnson and the State of Louisiana! Not only was this guy tried, convicted and executed in less than the lifespan of the girl he murdered, but the person who was supposed to love, cherish and protect her from scum like Bordelon is being punished in a way that will constantly remind her that her selfish choices robbed her child of her life and dreams.
CPS is being punished? I must have missed that, you sure there wasn't an internal investigation with no wrong doing found and everyone got a promotion

Nothing is 100%

I would first stop calling this bitch a mother. She is NO mother...I think it's safe to assume we all agree. This whore knew of this animal's past and did not think twice of placing her child in danger....She is a dirty whore that if not punished by the justice system,should be punished by a big, burly, and angry woman...with a huge bat!

I know this is late but I just saw this on the ID channel on Deadline Crime. They are treating this piece of trash "mother" like she is a victim. This pos knew he was a pervert and she put her kids in jeopardy by marrying him and to make it even worse letting him be around her kids AFTER SHE KNEW HE MOLESTED THEM. What an awful thing to do. I hope the dick was worth you losing your precious daughter, you pos. I hope you read these comments and I hope your daughter haunts you EVERY DAY. You are just as much a monster as the man that took her life. You both belong in hell together.​

I know this is late but I just saw this on the ID channel on Deadline Crime. They are treating this piece of trash "mother" like she is a victim. This pos knew he was a pervert and she put her kids in jeopardy by marrying him and to make it even worse letting him be around her kids AFTER SHE KNEW HE MOLESTED THEM. What an awful thing to do. I hope the dick was worth you losing your precious daughter, you pos. I hope you read these comments and I hope your daughter haunts you EVERY DAY. You are just as much a monster as the man that took her life. You both belong in hell together.​
I just finished watching this on ID also. Absolutely heartbreaking. I missed the first few minutes of the show, so I came online to fill in any gaps in info I may have missed. I agree with everything u said 100%! It disgusts me that bitch got off so easy. She basically offered up that beautiful child to that pig on a silver platter. The last thing that woman is is a mother. My daughter is 13 and if I even SUSPECTED someone was abusing my child, I'd kill them with my bare hands! Absolutely heartbreaking and preventable. :(

Back