• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
From the news desk of @Buffettgirl :

9324856_G.jpg

HARRIS COUNTY, GA (WTVM) – A Georgia sheriff has a welcome message to visitors in his county – don’t break the law and don’t bring your politically correct attitude into his jurisdiction.

In the photo, Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley posed proudly next to a sign outside of the sheriff’s office in Hamilton, GA, where it says:

Welcome to Harris County, Georgia! WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America and In God We Trust; we salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you…LEAVE!

Sheriff Jolley says he’s received numerous positive responses on social media for the sign. He first posted the photo to his Instagram on Tuesday.

“I’m humbled by all the attention the sign has received,” Jolley said. “Over the years, I’ve witnessed the silent majority grow and as a true patriot and a Christian, I felt it was time for the silent majority to speak up. I truly believes what’s on the sign.”

Sheriff Jolley said he paid for the sign himself, and says he plans to post more of these signs around the county, as others have offered to pay some more.

He said the sign costs $553.

“I believe the vast majority of the people support the troops and support our flag, and I believe the vast majority of the people would like to say if you don’t like that then leave," Jolley said.

But one group has publicly condemned the sign. The American Humanist Association, a group that "encompasses a variety of nontheistic views (atheism, agnosticism, rationalism, naturalism, secularism, and so forth) while adding the important element of a comprehensive worldview and set of ethical values," released a statement Wednesday morning, saying in part:

"While some residents of your community may support a sign with such a message, there can be no question that it conveys a religiously biased message that is invidious toward those who do not hold theistic, and particularly Christian, views," the letter says. "For a government official to affirmatively order those who do not support 'Merry Christmas' to leave the community, to expressly state that visitors must accept 'God Bless America' and other theistic messaging, is unquestionably an unconstitutional act of hostility."

The letter is addressed to Sheriff Holley, the Harris Co. Board of Commissioners Chairman J. Harry Lange, Harris County Manager Greg Wood and District Attorney Julia Slater.

You can read the rest of the letter by clicking here.

http://www.kptv.com/story/30596969/photo-ga-sheriff-poses-next-to-politically-incorrect-welcome-sign

This sort of makes me think it's the patriot version of talking about how big and awesome your dick is and how great you are at the sexing even though you've got an innie and you've never been in the same room as another naked person.

Personally, I think the guy has a point... we kowtow to the excessively vocal minority and completely bypass the majority that just can't be bothered by all of the "rules" anymore. I like it. The only think I think he did "wrong" was the "LEAVE" part. If he'd said something like "If this offends you... well sorry!" It would be a much better, sigh imo. Kudos to the guy for living his truth! :D
It's not the message, it's the delivery. It's overkill. It's like shouting because your message isn't good enough to be noticed on its own. It makes no difference to me if it reads what it does, or if it reads;

"WARNING: Anal is the only brand of sex accepted here; if this offends you, take your virgin rectum and sashay on the fuck out of here!"

It insinuates a lack of confidence to me. I say Merry Christmas. I don't care if I offend someone, I just say it, I don't post giant signs talking about how I say it.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the Happy Holidays thing, and inclusion, and yada yada. The part that bugs me is all the "inclusive" groups who insist we have to do it their way. There's always somebody in another group who's offended by some aspect of that, and it just comes back around to the same finger pointing shit again.

Everybody just needs to be more damn tolerant. Including the inclusion people.

Personally, I think the guy has a point... we kowtow to the excessively vocal minority and completely bypass the majority that just can't be bothered by all of the "rules" anymore. I like it. The only think I think he did "wrong" was the "LEAVE" part. If he'd said something like "If this offends you... well sorry!" It would be a much better, sigh imo. Kudos to the guy for living his truth! :D
Love It.

I don't know why people get so damn offended all the time over EVERYTHING now days. It doesn't matter what the sign says, people are still gonna bitch about it. I do agree that the whole "leave" part is just stupid. It's very childish. Sounds like something a jr high kid would post on facebook. Not only that, it sounds very confrontational. With all of the problems going on between cops and the people they are supposed to protect, I think it's stupid as shit to go out of your way and pay over $500 for a sign that has only one purpose...to start shit. I guess there is nothing stopping any other group of people that are offended by this from putting up their own sign saying whatever the fuck they want.

Back