• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
MACON, GA – Georgia news anchor Taylor Terrell died the day before her 25th birthday after falling over a North Carolina waterfall.

On Thursday, Terrell was with a friend at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, wading in the waters at the top of Rainbow Falls.

At some point Terrell’s friend noticed she was no longer in the water. After being unable to locate her, the friend called 911.

“Hi, I’m at Rainbow Falls. My friend got caught by the current, and I don’t know where she is, and I can’t find her,” the friend can be heard telling a 911 dispatcher.

Firefighters arrived on the scene and located Terrell’s body four hours later at the bottom of the 185 foot waterfall. The U.S. Forest Service said Terrell lost her footing and was swept over the falls by the current.

Terrell anchored 41NBC News at Daybreak and 41Today. The station released the following statement:

“Taylor was a hard worker with a bright smile. She rose through the ranks from intern to reporter, to weekend anchor, to morning anchor and was eager to prepare for her next chapter. This is a devastating loss for us here at 41NBC and most definitely for her family.

Taylor was scheduled to be off today to celebrate her 25th birthday. Instead, we’re remembering her spirit, her optimism, and her work. She touched so many people through her stories, through interviews here at the station on Daybreak and 41Today, and through the people she met while working with different volunteer groups as she tried to make a difference in people’s lives.”

The USFS reminded people to heed the warning signs posted and to stay on established trails. They added that visitors should not climb on or around waterfalls and to never get in the water above a waterfall. Transylvania County Emergency Management says they had three waterfall fatalities in May.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

svuNCFvFwZA

Continue reading...

Wading at the top of the falls was not a smart idea, particularly for a woman who probably couldn't swim ;)

Wading at the top of the falls was not a smart idea, particularly for a woman who probably couldn't swim ;)

I was going to post that the current at the top of the waterfall was probably too strong to swim against, even if she could swim, but I can see I have missed some joke or other. Anybody care to explain?

I was going to post that the current at the top of the waterfall was probably too strong to swim against, even if she could swim, but I can see I have missed some joke or other. Anybody care to explain?
It's cliche, and mean, but many black Americans can't swim, but that doesn't stop some people from getting in the water as most people wouldn't expect to drown in water they can wade in.

There is no way of knowing if she could or couldn't swim based on the article, nor if it would have helped her anyway.

It's cliche, and mean, but many black Americans can't swim, but that doesn't stop some people from getting in the water as most people wouldn't expect to drown in water they can wade in.

There is no way of knowing if she could or couldn't swim based on the article, nor if it would have helped her anyway.

tumblr_inline_o0kcls2ZOf1su6hze_500.gif

More than likely being able to swim would not have helped her at all, she fell 185 feet, that's like at least a 15 story building onto most likely rocks at the bottom and then the falling water pounded what was left.

Been to Rainbow Falls. I lived in Transylvania county for a spell. This is on the Horsepature River. AKA High Falls. Western NC is beautiful.

Ya know, there are signs posted. I'm utterly shocked that she went across the boundary to get into the water? I can't imagine the news agency would've been alright with this.

I have personal pics, but I found some online of the falls.

j7ahba.jpg

Yeah. Ouch. Bounce. Ouch. Bounce again. Ouch.
I hope she was unconscious at that point.

Wonder if someone shoved her, or drowned her and then guided her over. Young attractive black female news anchors don't just fall off waterfalls.

If we're going with cliches...
There's no way she's black because everyone knows that black don't crack and she looks much older than 24.

A much nicer stereotype imho... Still bad?

Back