• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@brandi- When I read about "misaligned" eyes, I too, thought of what you posted. So far, I am not reading anything horrible regarding the physical deformities of these people. People who are not conceived because of incest have crossed eyes, psoriasis, deformities in limbs, I mean, the news media is trying to make these people sound like the characters from "wrong turn" and "the hills have eyes." I admit, those two movies are the first things I thought about, but I just don't see how the physical deformities described are bad. Even the stunted growth can be from malnutrition. I've seen worse on people who haven't been born from incest.

I'm on the fence with the learning disabilities. These people weren't taught anything. They were literally living like Neanderthals. However, I have read articles regarding research and people born from incest having some learning deficiencies. So, I don't know what to really think about that.

I know someone who married their first cousin and had a child. I, admit, I am completely grossed out by it. I haven't spoken to them in about 7-8 years, but the kid had issues, but I really think it's because his parents failed at parenting. The kid was very intelligent, but he had no social skills, was unable to perform activities of daily living, and had never learned to not pee the bed.

Also, see the Royal Family, which Pete has already provided an example.

I can't even comment on the mental mindfuck these people have gone through. I'm not sure my brain can compute it right now. I think I'm just trying to absorb everything and can't come up with any words at this point. Other than what other people here have already said.

Just about as far off topic as I can get here but did you ever see Larry Bird or his family? No sick jokes here, he is from French Lick.

Sometimes I get stuck on details like this because it makes it easier to deal with these stories.
No, never saw him, but folks used to talk about him all the time.

My parents are first cousins. There are seven of us siblings. We're all normal, very intelligent (I've been in Mensa since high school, and certainly some of the others could've got in if they cared to try). Rather cute, too, if I say so myself LOL. The only things that I've been able to discern that *possibly* comes my parents being related is that, a) despite my mother being rather tall for a woman--5'8"--her 4 daughters are much shorter (We are 5'2", 5'3", 5'4" and 5'5", in reverse age order) and b) 3 of the 7 have congenital (non-life-threatening) cardiac issues that my cardiologist says are sometimes seen in cousin marriages. One of my sister's two sons both had congenital genito-urinary issues but since she married "outside the tribe" who knows if that came from her husband's side of the family. Also, there were some seriously short women in our family, including my own mother's mother, so who knows about that, either.

It's really when inbreeding (in humans or animals) is done over time that it becomes an issue. The Wikipedia article Pete posted about Charles II of Austria is instructional. My family is Catholic so they had to get a dispensation to marry in the Church (it's already legal in NYS), and they had no problem because they didn't even meet 'til they were adults, because my mother was born in the US and my father was not. Still, in the Church, once a pair of cousins marry, they won't give a dispensation for the next 2 or 3 generations to marry. So I couldn't marry any of my first cousins, nor could my daughter marry any of hers. Not sure if a grandchild of mine could marry a first cousin but it's a moot point since I only have one kid LOL.

My parents are first cousins. There are seven of us siblings. We're all normal, very intelligent (I've been in Mensa since high school, and certainly some of the others could've got in if they cared to try). Rather cute, too, if I say so myself LOL. The only things that I've been able to discern that *possibly* comes my parents being related is that, a) despite my mother being rather tall for a woman--5'8"--her 4 daughters are much shorter (We are 5'2", 5'3", 5'4" and 5'5", in reverse age order) and b) 3 of the 7 have congenital (non-life-threatening) cardiac issues that my cardiologist says are sometimes seen in cousin marriages. One of my sister's two sons both had congenital genito-urinary issues but since she married "outside the tribe" who knows if that came from her husband's side of the family. Also, there were some seriously short women in our family, including my own mother's mother, so who knows about that, either.

It's really when inbreeding (in humans or animals) is done over time that it becomes an issue. The Wikipedia article Pete posted about Charles II of Austria is instructional. My family is Catholic so they had to get a dispensation to marry in the Church (it's already legal in NYS), and they had no problem because they didn't even meet 'til they were adults, because my mother was born in the US and my father was not. Still, in the Church, once a pair of cousins marry, they won't give a dispensation for the next 2 or 3 generations to marry. So I couldn't marry any of my first cousins, nor could my daughter marry any of hers. Not sure if a grandchild of mine could marry a first cousin but it's a moot point since I only have one kid LOL.
How did your parents meet?

You're right. I've evolved past wanting to look at little kids who've been diddled by their relatives & have misformed features.
I want to see! I mean what are we here on DD for? We want details! My husband thinks I'm weird for wanting to keep coming to this site. I told him "I don't want to read this weird shit, I have to!"

How did your parents meet?
Well, my mother's mother and my father's father were sister and brother. My maternal grandmother came to America, married, raised her family etc. When my mother was a young adult (22?) she went to visit the family in Ireland (both sides, since my maternal grandfather also came from Ireland). My parents met at that time. My father was actually packed and ready to move to Australia...no work in Ireland...but plans changed when my parents met. My mother came back to America in August (apparently already an item), they corresponded, my father came here in December, and they married in March.

First cousins marrying? Extremely gross :vomit:
I have lots of family in San Luis Potosi Mexico, my grandma had 17 of which 15 are still alive. So my first time visiting I was 15 and not aware of the amount of 1st cousins I had....awnyways at a party there was this cute older (18yr old) and I ask my cousin who he is....he was a 1st cousin of mine. :shy::sorry:

That was rather unnecessary when Tinidril has so kindly offered us a bit of insight.

As he/she said, it is repeated intermarrying that really causes defects. And if you only meet your first cousin as an adult they could be anybody. I would feel skeevy about someone marrying a first cousin they had spent a lot of time with as children. The situation described? Not so much....

Last edited:
I have a couple sets of married cousins. I cannot say that I advocate it or even that I agree with it, but they were over 18 when the married and considering what we read about on here there is a lot worse out there.

My cousins' children all suffered birth defects from mild to debilitating. But like I said they were all over 18 so I just kind of always figured in the grand scheme of vileness, it wasn't very high up on the charts.

My parents knew they were cousins. But they went through all the "proper channels" and I don't think they'd have married if they weren't able to do it in the Catholic Church, even though as I say it's legal in NYS where we live. They also got a dispensation to have a "secret wedding". In the Catholic Church, you have to publish the banns in the bulletin etc...they knew the family was going to be upset and they wanted time to deal w/ it, I guess. My mother got pregnant fairly quickly so they had to spill the beans within a short time, but my uncle called the rectory, got the word from the pastor that everything was on the up-and-up, and told my grandparents to chill. (Interesting trivia: when Prince Rainier of Monaco and Grace Kelly got married--both Catholics--they had to get a dispensation from the Catholic Church for a "secret wedding" because the doors of the cathedral were locked--to keep the paparazzi at bay. Even though it was filmed, and the church was full of people, the fact that the doors were closed to "just anyone" coming in made it technically "secret".)

I have less of a problem with first cousins marrying than I do with one dude getting sisters pregnant. Is that weird?

Kids now have a chance. They do. The fritzel offspring are now said to be healthy. If I had a god would pray for them.

That is the most repulsive shit I have ever read EWWWWWWWW just cuz great-great grandma and grandpa were fucked in the head didn't mean the rest of them had to follow suit someone had to have the idea that FUCK THIS AIN'T RIGHT but to all have continued through the generations fucking each other and having deformed kids with each other is straight W. Virginia the hills have eyes type shit. I need to go puke thinking about fathers and daughters/bothers/uncles and cousins having orgies at such a young age with each other and having children OMG! Just put the whole damn clan out to pasteur they are genetically fucked there is no saving them they will go out into society and relive the lifestyle with some dumb bitch/asshole that allows it no point in putting future children at harm. :dead:

How would anyone of them born into this know it was wrong if they were never taught it was wrong.

Its a catch 22. If they weren't taught what was wrong, they wouldn't know what was right. If they were never taught what was right, they didn't know what was wrong.

very uncommon in general but common in parent child/incest offspring children. they often also have broad foreheads and prominent eyes, a higher than normal propensity to develop mental illness, club foot and internal organ problems especially heart.

congenital scoliosis

Congenital scoliosis is a sideways curvature of the spine that is caused by a defect that was present at birth. It occurs in only 1 in 10,000 newborns and is much less common than the type of scoliosis that begins in adolescence.

Children with congenital scoliosis sometimes have other health issues, such as kidney or bladder problems.

Congenital scoliosis is the type that developed because your child’s spine didn’t form correctly in utero. Some of the vertebrae (vertebral segments) in his spine formed abnormally (failure of formation), didn’t separate correctly (failure of segmentation) or there was some combination of both. As a result, his spine has a side-to-side curvature that has a 75 percent chance of progressing (worsening) if not treated surgically.

Because the spine forms at the same time as certain other organ systems in the first six weeks of pregnancy, more than half of affected children have one or more other improperly formed systems. This means that your child’s genitourinary, cardiac, auditory, nervous (neurological, neural) or renal system(s) may also have formed incorrectly or incompletely. Additional problems of the spine or spinal cord can also be associated with congenital scoliosis.

axp4w.jpg

Betty Colt, a member of the infamous 'Colt' incest family, arrives at Moss Vale local court with her lawyer
Infamous incest family matriarch who plotted to abduct her sons from foster home may face 10 years in jail for Australia's worst incest case
  • Betty Colt, member of the infamous 'Colt' incest family, is accused of plotting to kidnap her children from foster carers
  • She was due to appear at a northern Sydney court on Monday where it was revealed a decision will be handed down on September 1
  • Police say they foiled the alleged plan after interviewing her son Bobby, 16
  • She allegedly secretly delivered a mobile and number to Bobby and other son Billy, 15
  • Court heard she planned to pick up the children between 2am and 4am
  • Betty could face 10 years in jail if found guilty of recruiting her son to commit a criminal act
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stralias-worst-incest-case.html#ixzz3AhlTrJKr

Back