• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
5vokmh.jpg

Thomas McGowan, 25, broke into the home of Jimmy Morgan Jr. to hide from police
2e0k0uv.jpg
Caught: When police finally caught Thomas McGowan he was covered in blood so he was transferred to the hospital for treatment and later booked in jail on $5,000 bail

[...]
homeowner sporting a Game of Thrones T-Shirt and brandished with a medieval sword says that he could have taken the life of an intruder who entered his home but that he is a Christian and doesn't believe in killing.

Thomas McGowan, 25, broke into the
[...]
Texas home of Jimmy Morgan Jr. at midnight on Tuesday but retreated with terror leaving splatters of blood on the wall after Morgan Jr. whipped out a medieval sword and told him to get lost.

McGowan broke into Morgan Jr.'s home to hide from police after crashing his car during a police chase.
[...]
drove after McGowan for driving a car that was reported stolen.
[...]
the car belonged to McGowan who reported the theft but later forgot to tell police he found his car.

Morgan, who practices a medieval fighting method called SCA armored combat, told
[...]
about how he stopped an intruder without use of a firearm despite many of his Texas neighbors who own a gun.

Morgan Jr. is also a fan of the HBO television drama Game of Throne which features sword fighting and bloody battles.
[...]
says he heard McGowan enter from the window. Upon seeing him he grabbed his trusty spear.

'He started retreating and I started advancing and I was stalking him here, you never cross your legs, and I cornered him right here,'
[..]
Morgan explains how when McGowan tried to exit through the door he panicked when he realized it was locked.

'The door was locked and shut. He was panicked at this point.
[...]
'I can't get out, I can't get out'.

'As he was running, he smeared blood from here to high heaven and he splattered here and he splattered there and splattered all over there. It was like a deer,'
[...]
While Morgan Jr. doesn't think fighting back to an intruder is always the safest thing to do, he's trained in a medieval fighting practice that came in handy the other night.
It's called the SCA. It's a medieval fighting and we do use spears and swords and things of that nature. I don't have a firearm so I have a short spear, very quick, very agile and very deadly,'
[...]
Morgan Jr. had the intruder cornered the other night and easily could have killed him but he says he is a religious and moral man who doesn't believe in taking someone's life.

'I am a Christian man and I don't want to take life, however I want to make sure that he understands that his life was mine to take. I let him have it.'
[...]
crashed his vehicle and was able to outrun police. That's when he broke into Morgan's trailer.

McGowan is charged with evading arrest with a vehicle, criminal trespass of a habitation, and driving while intoxicated.
[...]
McGown was taken to the hospital for his injuries, treated, and then booked in jail on $5,000 bond.

This may be McGowan's first encounter with a member of the Night's Watch but it is not his first run-in with police.

In April 2013, a grand jury declined to indict McGowan after he was charged with arson for an October 2012 fire at a
[...]
apartment complex.

The fire department said McGowan intentionally lit the house on fire to cover up a burglary.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-doesn-t-believe-killing.html#ixzz3DuTdrwmW
25oz61t.jpg

Night's Watch: Jimmy Morgan Jr. is a game of Thrones fan who is well studied in medieval sword fighting and has his own way of dealing with intruders who dare to enter his lair​

See, now this guy tugs at my heart strings. It's just as likely as not this little skeeve could have been armed. And, it's just as likely as not, Morgan Jr. could have filleted this guy to shreds, but he has HONAH, Grasshoppah! *deep bow*

I know all it did was probably teach this creep to carry a gun, but I ♡ this guy, cuz I'da shot the f**ker dead. Mama don't play!

SCA is a group: society for creative anarchy that like to create a form of ren/medieval times, lmfao. Yes there are swordsmen that practice study and are good. I have drank with many at the fairs along with the Highland games and know when to stay in the tent and get ready to dodge when people get too boisterous. I do think everyone should keep a good claymore under their bed with other assorted daggers in strategic spots close but maybe because I'm not a Christian, I'll reach for and load the shotgun first with unknown intruders breaking in

I must be an asshole kinda Christian coz I woulda shot his ass and then called 911 coz fuck that breaking and entering bullshit. I'm not saying I'm a scared motherfucker I'm just saying I don't like unknown people busting up in my shit like they know where they at. Castle doctrine motherfucker hope you got good insurance.

The horror! The horror!
It sliced! It diced! It made julienne fries!

Even then, I could see going medieval on his sorry thievin' ass.

'I am a Christian man and I don't want to take life, however I want to make sure that he understands that his life was mine to take.
Exactly what I wanted to point out to my neighbor of 9 years when I caught him beating off outside my bedroom window. I won't burden you with the details, but I wound up flying out my door, and intentionally firing a round into the ground while delivering a few educational suggestions on his future survival. He understood.

'I am a Christian man and I don't want to take life, however I want to make sure that he understands that his life was mine to take. I let him have it.'

That ain't no damn Christian. What a fool! He's just full of himself, "Christian" or not! :asshat:
And after the bleeding like a deer comment I got a very eerie feeling like this guy is into more than just SCA.
IDK, maybe it's just me.

That ain't no damn Christian. What a fool! He's just full of himself, "Christian" or not!
And after the bleeding like a deer comment I got a very eerie feeling like this guy is into more than just SCA.
IDK, maybe it's just me.
I think he is just a bit of a dork. he is just saying what he thinks the hero in a movie would say lol. He is just one of those guys who thinks he has awesome skills lol

He's just full of himself
You'd be amazed how "full of yourself" you can become with adrenaline and the right circumstance. Oh, and he may be a deer hunter, you track them by the blood, esp. bow hunters. That's really not an eerie comment, but more of a surprised observation from a man used to fighting in armor. I don't get any bad vibes from him at all.

I don't care if he used a baseball bat, gun, knife or a medieval sword! The good guy won this round and that's all that matters. Whatever weapon you are most comfortable with will give you more confidence to confront the bad guys.

"Morgan Jr. says he reached for the spear which he keeps close to his bed.

"This door is open [his bedroom door] within five seconds, probably within three seconds; this door was open and he was standing no more than two to three feet away from me," Morgan Jr. says. "I looked at him, I didn't see any weapons however I was terrified."

Morgan Jr. says he was able to stab McGowan once."
http://www.myhighplains.com/story/d...tabbing-intruder/25359/Se34wt_jtU-PkrbZEam60A
He was in bed when the guy walked up on him, which reduces the showboat appearance as well.

Dammit. I never got to use MY sword. I've been waiting my whole life for this to happen to me.
Damn. Damn. Damn.

Dammit. I never got to use MY sword. I've been waiting my whole life for this to happen to me.
Damn. Damn. Damn.
I just sit there sharpenin' it and sharpenin' it...

(Actually it's dull as fuck because it's decorative, but it would still be good for clobbering someone like this.)

my husband has a collection of swords and a gun he keeps it in the safe so i always wondered what i would do if someone broke in ill grab a sword.

if anyone knows how to post a video could they leave me a message? i tried to post the scene from cable guy where they were at medeival times.

Back