• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dollar-general-store-clerk-killed-during-robbery
gabrielle%20simmons_1510093175187_4482937_ver1.0_640_360.png

Dallas police need help to identify the man who shot and killed a store clerk in Oak Cliff during a robbery Monday night.

The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Gabrielle Simmons, a mother of 6 children. She had just started the job at the Dollar General store on Sunnyvale Street a few months ago. She was about to get off work Monday night when a man fatally shot her while robbing the store.

Police hope surveillance video and a $15,000 reward will help get the killer behind bars.
[....]
Surveillance video shows the gunman enter the store just after 7 p.m. Police say the black male was wearing a teal baseball cap with a hologram sticker on the lid, had on a dark-colored hoodie, jeans with slash marks down both sides and black sneakers with a thick, white sole.

Investigators say the robber pointed the gun at Simmons and demanded cash. She immediately complied and put the cash tray in the blue and grey gym bag when the robber shot her and walked out.
[....]
He was last seen running west from the store, down a side street, possibly with an accomplice who served as a lookout.
DollarGeneral_1510080221252_4480291_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

[....]
Aris Joseph is the father of Simmons’ six children.

“Words just really can't explain it, man… What I feel,” he said. “I have a 7-month-old girl. He's 10. I have a 6-year-old, a 7-year-old and the oldest is 11.”

Joseph says he’s overwhelmed by the prospect of raising them alone but has been lifted up as much as he can be by friends, family and a coalition of churches called Dallas Community Fellowship.
[....]
Pastor N.C. Chance says the neighborhood has too long been ignored by city hall and has been long wracked by violent crime. Dallas police say the same Dollar General has been robbed two other times in the past year. They don't know if the same person is responsible.

"If this doesn't galvanize, if this doesn't wake people up, then what will?” the pastor said. “Now is the time to put up or shut up. We can talk about love all you want. But if you love me, let me see you out here doing something on the streets."

Oaks Farm Dairy is offering the $10,000 reward for any information that will lead to the killer’s arrest. Crime Stoppers is also offering an additional $5,000 reward. Anyone with information is urged to call Dallas police at (214) 671-3647 or Crime Stoppers at (214) 373-8477.

I bet Jesse Jackson doesn't say dick about this.

People really need to stop killing one another.

Do I post this or not,
post or not,
post or not,
post...aww fuck it,
POST!

This! This is the very reason that I quit working at Dollar General! there is only 3 people in a store at the most all day long, up to about noon or later there is only ONE person per store at closing there's TWO. All because the owners want to maximize profits.

You can't run these stores on that, on top of the fact they look like indoor yard sales. The employees are sitting ducks, just waiting for the bad guy to come in and rob them, kill them.

They put these stores everywhere, we recently had one open out in the boondocks. There is NOTHING for at least 5 miles in either direction, not too many houses, but there it is, sitting there like a big yellow and black pile of shit.

Leaving these people there by themselves has got to stop, profits are not as important as a person's life.

And you can be sure if there's a Family Dollar around, a DG will pop up within a mile of it and vice versa. I always fear for the clerks.

Yep. Dollar Tree has 2 employees most times.
Luckily we're in a strip right next to Home Depot and a couple of restaurants.
I don't fear for my coworkers.
Family Dollar down the street is a free standing building. To my recollection, it hasn't been robbed. Yet

http://www.fox4news.com/news/15-year-old-arrested-in-shooting-death-of-dollar-general-clerk
[....]
Dallas police say they arrested the teen suspect, who is not being named since he's a minor, on Thursday around 1 p.m. for the capital murder of 27-year-old Gabrielle Simmons. The mother of 6 was killed during the robbery Monday night at the Dollar General on Sunnyvale Street. She was killed right before she was set to finish her workday.

Several tips from the public helped police identify and find the teen suspect. Police found him just a few blocks north of the Dollar General. They said he was arrested without incident.
[....]
Police say the shooter walked up to Simmons and demanded all the money in the cash register. She followed his orders and put the money in his gym bag, but she was still fatally shot. Police said the gunman shot her, grabbed the till and ran out.

But police say Simmons still managed to hit the alarm, causing the store's doors to shut automatically. As the shooter was trying to escape, he dropped his bag filled with the money and escaped.

Aziz did not say if they’ve recovered the murder weapon or if the teen confessed to the crime. Detectives are still looking for another male who was believed to be the lookout during the robbery.

The teen suspect has had run-ins with the law before for a violent family incident. He's been transferred to DPD's Youth Division for processing.

Simmons was engaged to Aris Joseph, the father of her kids. He’s already back at work to support the family's kids, ranging from 11-years-old to as young as 6-months-old.

News of the arrest came just hours before Joseph and his kids attended a community forum and fundraiser at Calvary Philadelphia Missionary Baptist Church. Everyone in attendance is troubled by the senseless shooting.
[....]
Joseph says the plan is to take Simmons back home to Mississippi to be laid to rest.

Donations are being accepted for the family at Ford's office in the Rosemont at Oak Hollow Apartments (3015 East Ledbetter in Dallas) or Christ Memorial Missionary Baptist Church (539 East Overton in Dallas). A GoFundMe account has also been set up: https://www.gofundme.com/monique-mo-joseph

A teenager took the life of a mother with 6 children... there's no hope for him at all so they need to lock him up and throw away the key. He has ruined so many peoples lives

He doesn't deserve a second chance

But police say Simmons still managed to hit the alarm, causing the store's doors to shut automatically. As the shooter was trying to escape, he dropped his bag filled with the money and escaped.
Killed her for what amounted to NOTHING! ASSHAT

screw him, teen r not if you kill someone in a robbery you deserve to be named and charged as an adult

http://www.fox4news.com/news/no-parent-shows-up-for-teen-murder-suspects-first-court-hearing
[....]
The teen suspect was set to have a hearing Monday morning but neither a parent nor a guardian showed up. A new date was set for later in the month.

Attorney Remeko Edwards is not involved in the case.

“Generally, a child can’t be released from detention unless there is a parent there. And from what I’m hearing the mother was not available this morning. So the hearing had to be postponed in case the child was released home the parent had to be available,” Edwards said. “The judge has to look at factors to determine whether or not the child can be released back into the custody of the parent.”

The attorney says the judge will have to factor in the juvenile’s criminal history, if the child is likely to run away and if there is adequate supervision at home.

“And those factors help make a determination of whether or not the child should be released home to the parent,” Edwards said.

It’s a case where the district attorney may seek to certify the 15-year-old as an adult.

“It’s a process,” Edwards said. “It goes before a board in which they review the same facts as in the detention hearing — the supervision in the home. There will be assessments done on the child: psychological, psychiatric. Those assessments will be reviewed.”

The assessments will be considered alongside the facts of Simmons’ murder and the fact that the teen suspect had been handled before by police at least once for family violence.

“If you have a person that’s been in the system and they have a history the police, you know they have knowledge of them,” Edwards said. “Because this is not their first run in with them, then you have a circumstance.”

It’s a circumstance that might make getting out of detention and overcoming any argument to certify as an adult hard for the troubled teen’s attorney.

“We have, unfortunately, a life that was taken,” Edwards said. “And we have a child that did It.”

The suspect remains in detention at the Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center.
[....]

I saw a snippet somewhere that he lived near the store. Bet he's left to his own devices frequently.

“We have, unfortunately, a life that was taken,” Edwards said. “And we have a child that did It.”

He isn't a "child", he is a 15 year old with violent priors who killed a woman in cold blood AFTER she instantly complied with his demands and gave him all the money in the cash register. Try him as an adult and lock him up for life.

the mother was not available this morning. So the hearing had to be postponed

I'm getting in on that bet with you @Satanica, I'm sure if she can't rearranged her important life to come to court because a child, that she birthed, has killed someone, I'm sure she hasn't paid him any attention in years. Let him do whatever as long as he wasn't bothering her. That's sad.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/state-files-to-certify-dollar-general-murder-suspect-as-an-adult
uvenile prosecutors plan to take steps to try the 15-year-old accused of murdering a Dollar General clerk as an adult for the crime.

The state has filed to certify the 15-year-old suspect as an adult to be tried for the murder of a Dallas mother of six.

The Thursday hearing was short. The teen was not in court. But if he is certified as an adult, the crime he is accused of is a capital offense.
[....]
The state on the record has filed a petition to have the teen certified to stand trial as an adult. The teen's lawyer says it’s a bad idea.

“My general approach is there's hardly any situation where it would not be better for a child to stay in the juvenile system,” Ashford said.

Attorney Remeko Edwards practices both adult and juvenile criminal law. She is not involved in the case.
[....]
The videotape is the tangible evidence of the crime. It'll be considered along with other factors in deciding if the minor will face charges like a man.

“They look at the rehabilitation efforts that have been given to the child prior to this incident,” Edwards said. “From my understanding, he had a criminal record prior to this. So the state looks into that. They look into the maturity of the child. They look into the best interest of the community.”

Prosecutors will present their case plus psychological tests on the 15-year-old and past bad behavior. The judge will ultimately decide if the teen will be treated as a child or if the consequences of bad decisions will force him to be tried as an adult.

“I would prefer and I think it’s best in most cases for the juvenile to stay here,” Ashford said. “Sometimes we can make that happen, and sometimes we can’t.”

If the teen is certified to stand trial as an adult and found guilty, he would face life in prison. At his age, capital punishment would not be an option.

The next court date will be early next year.

“My general approach is there's hardly any situation where it would not be better for a child to stay in the juvenile system,”

I know of at least one situation, when a 15yo murders a complete stranger who's cooperating with him while robbing a business. That's past rehabilitation, in my opinion.

You can't fix what's broken in this kid.

Too bad the parents won't face charges right along with him.
The grandparents too. I suspect the fractures go back several generations.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/plea-bargain-keeps-dollar-general-murder-suspect-in-juvenile-system
A plea bargain brokered in the murder of a Dollar General clerk will keep the teenager accused of killing her in the juvenile system.
[....]
That plea deal negotiated this week sentences the teen to what’s called a 35-year determinant sentence. He will not be certified as an adult and if he does everything he is supposed to do in the juvenile system, he could be eligible for parole in three to four years.

“Even if he doesn’t do well and he's transferred to TDC, it's still more humane for a 15 to 16-year-old to be in the juvenile system than to be over here or to be in a system with adults,” said George Ashford, the teen’s lawyer.

If the teen messes up at some point during the next few years, he would be put behind bars for 35 years.

The fiancé' of the victim was involved in the plea negotiations and agreed to the sentence.

“It was one of the best decisions, so I just went with what was the best thing,” said fiancé Aris Joseph.
[....]

Wow, how fucking disgusting.

it's still more humane for a 15 to 16-year-old to be in the juvenile system than to be over here or to be in a system with adults,” said George Ashford, the teen’s lawyer.

Who gives a shit?

The fiance must not truly care about what happened to his supposed loved one.

Thsi animal should spend the rest of his life in a cage, no questions asked. Why society continues to DEMAND that mercy is shown for filth of any age is beyond me. Sickening.

Back