• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
I will update as more info and photos become available.

FORT WORTH, Texas --
Police said six people -- including four children -- were shot at a child’s birthday party, leaving two dead Sunday night.

Family and friends gathered at the Village Creek townhomes in the 5700 block of Anderson Street to celebrate a girl’s ninth birthday when, police said, a green sedan drove by at about 8:30 p.m.

Police said someone in the sedan opened fire on the party, wounding six people.

Annette Stevenson, 48, died at the scene Sunday night and Queshawn Stevenson, 5, who had been shot in the neck and stomach, died early Monday at a hospital.

Story and video at: http://www.nbc5i.com/news/15810920/detail.html

0409davila.jpg

Fort Worth police arrested a 21-year-old man accused of shooting at a birthday party, killing a grandmother and a 5-year-old girl.
Erick Daniel Davila

Police executed a capital murder arrest warrant for Erick Daniel Davila around noon Tuesday. Police located Mr. Davila driving a black four-door Mazda in the Woodhaven area and followed him into an apartment complex. Mr. Davila struck several vehicles before crashing into a tennis court fence, Fort Worth police said. He then tried to flee on foot.

Mr. Davila was taken to police headquarters for questioning.

Police were still investigating a motive for the Sunday shooting in the 5700 block of Anderson Street as people celebrated a girl’s ninth birthday. Annette Stevenson, 48, and her granddaughter, Queshawn Stevenson, were killed and the birthday girl along with three others were injured.

A B-Day Drive-By?

But, but... that would be like shooting up the Chat-Box for fuck's sake!

From 2018​

He was trash to the very end!​

1626818309034.png

A year ago, his death penalty case was being argued before the U.S. Supreme Court. On Wednesday evening, he was put to death by the state of Texas.

Erick Davila, 31, was executed after a relatively short nine years on Texas’ death row. He was convicted in 2009 for repeatedly shooting at a Fort Worth house during a child’s birthday party, killing the mother and 5-year-old daughter of Jerry Stevenson, who Davila claims was a rival gang member. In his last appeal, Davila asked the high court to stop his execution based on new claims of drug use during the murders and a conflict of interest with the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

Minutes before his scheduled 6 p.m. death, the U.S. Supreme Court rejected his final appeal. He was strapped to a gurney in a mint green room, where he spoke his final words as Stevenson and other family members of the victims watched through a glass pane.

“Yes, I would like to say nephew, it burns, huh," he said. "You know, I might have lost the fight, but I’m still a soldier. I still love you all. To my supporters and family, y’all hold it down. Ten Toes down right. That’s all.”

He was then injected with a lethal dose of pentobarbital and was pronounced dead at 6:31 p.m.

Davila fought his sentence to the end, maintaining to the courts that he only intended to kill his rival, Jerry Stevenson, not the man’s daughter, Queshawn, or her grandmother, 47-year-old Annette. It was an important distinction because the jury had to find that Davila intended to kill multiple people to be eligible for the death penalty. Prosecutors argued Davila always intended to kill more than his rival, pointing to his statement to police that he was trying to get “the guys on the porch” and “the fat dude.”

“I wasn't aiming at the kids or the woman and don't know where the woman came from,” Davila said in a written statement to police, according to court documents. “I don't know the fat dudes name, but I know what he looks like, so I recognized his face.”

It was the question of intent that eventually led Davila’s case to the nation’s high court last April on a legal technicality. His current lawyer, Seth Kretzer, argued that when jurors at his trial questioned if they needed to decide whether Davila intended to kill his two victims or if he intended to kill someone and in the process fatally shot two others, the judge — who is now the Tarrant County criminal district attorney — erred in her answer.

The judge responded that Davila would be responsible for a crime if the only difference between what happened and what he wanted was that a different person was hurt — without affirming to them that Davila must have intended to kill more than one person. The jury found him guilty.

Though his lawyer at trial objected to the judge’s instructions, the objection was overruled, and the issue wasn’t brought up again in Davila’s state appeals, which Kretzer said was bad lawyering. The question that landed in front of the U.S. Supreme Court was whether Kretzer could raise the jury instruction in federal courts because of ineffective appellate lawyers.

Continue reading at link

Latest posts

Back