• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Echoes of Jacqueline Craig's case. You'd think they would learn. Even someone with warrants should be able to call for help without fearing being brutalized. That said, keep your own nose clean and the odds of this happening go way, way down. Always remember that officer's job is law enforcement; not protecting you. They responded to her call and when there was no direct threat present, they turned their attention to her demeanor and outstanding warrants.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/fort-worth-sergeant-fired-over-use-of-force-in-august-arrest
The Fort Worth Police Department fired a 22-year veteran of the force after an internal review of an August arrest that was “eerily reminiscent" of Jacqueline Crag’s viral arrest in 2015.

Video released Monday night by the department shows a woman calling Fort Worth police for help in a domestic disturbance. Instead, she ends up in handcuffs and tased.

In a statement announcing the move, Fort Worth police said Sgt. Kenneth Pierce was fired for multiple violations uncovered after an internal “use of force” review. The announcement came with the release of the body cam that included the moment the woman was tased.
[....]
Peirce can be heard telling a rookie officer to deploy a taser. Pierce then handcuffed the woman. They say officers were responding to a woman who had called to ask for help in a domestic disturbance.

[....]woman become argumentative with police when asked to show her ID. Police also asked her why she had a knife in her purse at one point. The two officers then struggle with the woman.

“She was producing identification, as requested, but nevertheless, Fitzgerald said Pierce became ‘impatient, initiated an unnecessary physical confrontation, and then ordered a rookie police officer to 'Tase' the woman,’” the department said in the press release.

The woman was charged, but the charges were later dropped. Fort Worth police say they have since reached out to the woman but have not heard back. The department also says it's not showing her face or revealing her identity since it was a domestic violence case.

Video is at the link and I can't embed it even though the embed code is there; fucking securi blocking.
[doublepost=1513863416,1513863239][/doublepost]http://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-arrested-by-fort-worth-pd-regrets-911-call-for-help#/
Dorshay%20Morris%20FWPD%20arrest_1513813213523.png_4722531_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

[....]
“I called for help, and I regret that,” she said.

Fort Worth police released the body cam video of her August arrest. Morris had called 911 saying she was armed with a knife and feared her boyfriend was going to break into her apartment.

Morris, who had warrants out for her arrest, did not want to give her ID to police. She saw the video for the first time on Tuesday.

“Very difficult to watch,” she said. “I feel very disrespected.”

Morris' attorney plans to file a police brutality case against the city of Fort Worth and the officers involved in her arrest.

"In a familiar pattern, Fort Worth Police Department arrived, criminalized Ms. Morris and brutalized her by tasing her and placing her under arrest,” said attorney Lee Merritt. “She remained under arrest, charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest for five days."

The charges against Morris were later dropped.
[....]

Securi STILL won't let me post that fucking video!

In reality, they do neither as far as the public is concerned.

Law enforcement is any system by which some members of society act in an organized manner to enforce the law by discovering, deterring, rehabilitating, or punishing people who violate the rules and norms governing that society.[1] Although the term may encompass entities such as courtsand prisons, it is most frequently applied to those who directly engage in patrols or surveillance to dissuade and discover criminal activity, and those who investigate crimes and apprehend offenders,[2] a task typically carried out by the police or another law enforcement agency. Furthermore, although law enforcement may be most concerned with the prevention and punishment of crimes, organizations exist to discourage a wide variety of non-criminal violations of rules and norms, effected through the imposition of less severe consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement

... sometimes I worry about american police.

Tell a lie, I usually do. =/

Protect. And. Serve. The start of the list is important. :finger:

WHy isnt this bitch filing a lawsuit?
Could be any reason. I aint a cop, and have NO desire to be one. But do have family that was at one time. Woman coulda gotten her wellbeing threatened, or her family members threatened. Trust me, this shit does not just happen in movies. It happens in real life, and more often than people wanna acknowledge.

Could be any reason. I aint a cop, and have NO desire to be one. But do have family that was at one time. Woman coulda gotten her wellbeing threatened, or her family members threatened. Trust me, this shit does not just happen in movies. It happens in real life, and more often than people wanna acknowledge.

All the more reason to go hard.

ANd i dont doubt that at all, especially since this happened in Fort Worth. Southern hick cops are the dumbest, most vile people on the fucking planet.

Back