• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
The siblings told the jury the 9-year-old dropped raisins on the sidewalk near where Vardi was painting his fence. Both children say Vardi grabbed the boy by the back of the neck and forced him down toward the sidewalk and made him pick up the raisins.

I thought he was littering? This sounds more like he dropped his (biologically degradable) snack?

Biodegradable wasn't a hot word when I was four ... i was just getting my obligations down. I wasn't concerned about climate change. That it was raisins doesn't make a difference to me because phlegm is biodegradable too, but I still spoke to my kids for spitting on an old mans drive way once ... it sounded like this ... this man doesn't sweep off his driveway so you can come along and gob on it. I didn't get no lip back either.

Biodegradable wasn't a hot word when I was four ... i was just getting my obligations down. I wasn't concerned about climate change. That it was raisins doesn't make a difference to me because phlegm is biodegradable too, but I still spoke to my kids for spitting on an old mans drive way once ... it sounded like this ... this man doesn't sweep off his driveway so you can come along and gob on it. I didn't get no lip back either.

Spitting is a whole 'nother ball-game, though. I was always taught not to litter, but I was also told never to pick food up that had fallen on the ground, because it was dirty and my mother didn't want me eating it. And as @starry1 says, the birds would have had it soon enough.

Raisins get eaten by birds, quickly. For this guy to over react that seriously about a kid dropping his snack... he needs psychiatric assistance.

Cute story and everyone is pretty much a piece of shit. Though in Baltimore, this type of shenanigans is amateur hour, because here, if a 90 year old woman tells a young man walking down the street not to toss his chicken bones in her yard, well that old will get shot. (video link)

[doublepost=1517734381][/doublepost]
Yeah? Your mother told you to pick up litter at four years old? Too bad that she didn't teach you some grammar. Really? 'I seen the video'. That would be 'I have seen the video' or 'I saw the video'.
Several DD members say "I seen". Makes me cringe. But if you're going call @lithiumgirl on it, then call everyone on it.

Spitting is a whole 'nother ball-game, though. I was always taught not to litter, but I was also told never to pick food up that had fallen on the ground, because it was dirty and my mother didn't want me eating it. And as @starry1 says, the birds would have had it soon enough.
Look the lesson wasn't about birds, raisins, or biodegradable material ... it was about respect for the property of others. At least in my case with being taught not to be a littler bug, and as a mother teaching my sons the same, plus not to spit on people's driveways
[doublepost=1517872901,1517871853][/doublepost]
a 90 year old woman tells a young man walking down the street not to toss his chicken bones in her yard, well that old will get shot. (video link)
That kid should get the death penalty ... and so should his mother.

Look the lesson wasn't about birds, raisins, or biodegradable material ... it was about respect for the property of others. At least in my case with being taught not to be a littler bug, and as a mother teaching my sons the same, plus not to spit on people's driveways

To my knowledge he didn't spit. Nor did he intentionally litter, if it was really raisins that were dropped. I think the neighbour involved in this situation may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

To my knowledge he didn't spit. Nor did he intentionally litter, if it was really raisins that were dropped. I think the neighbour involved in this situation may be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I wouldn't let my kid go dropping raisons all over the place ... it wouldn't be okay on the bus ... in the mall or anywhere really.

Several DD members say "I seen". Makes me cringe. But if you're going call @lithiumgirl on it, then call everyone on it.

Yeah but most people aren't attention whore whack-a-moles.
[doublepost=1517957574,1517957507][/doublepost]

Honestly, I don't care if the kid dropped a deuce on his front porch..

You. Do. Not. Choke. Children. You. Asshole.

Back