• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://latest.com/2015/07/florida-s...er-brutal-video-showing-him-punching-a-woman/

Florida State University has dismissed quarterback De’Andre Johnson from their football team after a disturbing video was released of Johnson punching a woman at a bar,

After being bumped by Johnson, the woman yells at the man and attempts to throw a punch as Johnson grabs her fist and pulls it down. Johnson responded to the attempted punch by hitting the woman in the face, knocking her off-balance and causing a nose bleed.

Police arrested Johnson and charged him with misdemeanor battery.

Baez, who also represented Casey Anthony, says the woman yelled racial slurs at Johnson before the situation escalated. The lawyer says Johnson “tried to deescalate the situation” before the woman “kneed him in the groin area” and “took another swing before he retaliated.”

Video at link.

I just saw this as i was looking at an article on this site someone posted in another thread and i had to come rant.

As far as i'm concerned, this guy did nothing wrong. Sure, it would have been optimal to have simply left the bar, but it looks pretty damn crowded in there and this woman was clearly on the attack. Turning your back on your attacker in a situation like this is idiotic and puts yourself in increased danger, and that's IF he could have even made a quick retreat, which is highly unlikely in a crowded bar. Is this where we're at as a society, that the threat of violence posed by another human being is to be completely ignored simply cuz they aren't a male? What are we to expect this fucker, or those stupid enough to find themselves in a similar position, to do? people have guns, knives, some girls CAN punch, i saw a petite(115 my guess) female knock a dude out with a headbutt-just threw her entire fucking body into it when he wasn't expecting it and that was that, ANYBODY can pose a serious physical threat/danger.

If this was two dudes, i can't see the university making a fuss, or even the cops for that matter. Maybe i'm wrong on that, but i've seen quite a lot of minor physical altercations on this level in person and no big deal is ever made of em, they're dime a dozen. This one results in life changing consequences for this dipshit young man. Strikes me as odd. If anyone has other stories about FLorida State banning players for very minor altercations, please prove me wrong. As is, i can't help but call bullshit on the entire deal.

Now, I suppose if you hit anybody in public like this, defense or not, it's not unheard of for charges to be filed, be it assault or disorderly conduct or something of that nature. However, the fact that the article makes no mention of the dipshit woman being charged is quite troublesome. If authorities want to go over the top and throw the book at anybody and everybody that acts a fool and throws some slaps around in a bar, so be it, but double standards are fucking vile and offensive. Straight up gender discrimination if they're only charging the dude in this case. The prospect of this is what makes the video so disturbing, and that is a damned disturbing aspect of this if true.

I really despise the verbiage the article, describing it as a "brutal" punch and whatnot. Give me a fucking break. Dude is a collegiate football player, a QB no less, and this is as hard a punch as he throws, doesn't even knock the hag down. Big fuckin deal. Add to that the fact that it was clearly self defense, and appears to me to be well within the confines of what qualifies as self defense(dude only uses enough force as necessary, a single light punch and then he makes his escape from the danger) and i don't see anything remotely brutal about it. What candyassed, hyped up bullshit.

I also have a feeling this school doesn't dismiss players for any/every misdemeanor, which adds fuel to the likely "unfair treatment based on the fact that the person this guy was defending himself against was female" fire. Initially he was only suspended, until fucks in the athletic dept saw the video, good god it's a blond, roast him!!! They chose to disrupt this young dipshits entire current path in life and perhaps ultimate plans for the lengthy future simply cuz he dared prevent himself from being assaulted in a bar. Pretty terrible message this school is sending to its students... take your beating, allow yourself to be victimized, or else.

I'm glad he's got a good lawyer. Hope Baez works his magic on the idiotic Florida public again and gets him off. Not sure if the school would reinstate him though regardless, maybe Baez can wreck shop on that front too.

Last edited:
Guess my title doesn't make much sense as i concede in my post that i can understand how someone could face charges over something like this, even if i completely disagree with it. Won't let me edit it though, dammit. Ah well.

Talk about pisspoor "journalism" trying to paint its own picture and tell the story it wants to tell, check out this bullshit from CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/florida-state-university-qb-suspended/

In one frame, Florida State University quarterback De'Andre Johnson, 19, is seen arguing with a woman at a crowded bar.

In the next frame, she raises a fist.

He grabs her arm. She attempts to hit him. He punches her in the face.

Um, NO! This factually is simply flat out NOT what happens. Anyone who watches the fucking video can clearly see this is leaving out blatant, major details of what actually went down. Most importantly, there was no "attempt to hit him", she makes clear fucking contact with her strike. What the fuck is with the media and their desire to spin facts like this?

The documents say the victim raised her arm to defend herself, and tried to strike Johnson to release his grip.

WHAT!!!!!?!?!??! Her fist is immediately raised as soon as he approaches the bar, he doesn't appear to grab her until after she raises that fist and readies to strike. Don't fucking act like you're about to punch somebody if you don't want them to take your threat seriously and grab your arms in defense, fucking idiot.

And again, even if this 100% the truth, how does that remove this womans responsibility from the situation? Why is she not being charged with assault as well?

This whole thing is sickening and sets a very scary precedent.

Last edited:
They should have both been charged. This woman doesn't deserve a pity party.

This is a case of double standards and really disgusting. She started it.

I am pretty sure he was there drinking he had the wrist band on. Those are usually given to the 21+ at the door when you are let in.

The problem here is the kid plays on a college team. If he were a pro player in the NFL, there would be legions of fans glorifying him, and he'd be on TV talk shows convincing everybody he did nothing wrong. The girl who instigated the whole thing would probably want to marry him.

Oh, silly me, nothing like that could happen in real life, right?

Personally, I would have restrained the girl, not punched her.

Remember when Snooki got punched in the face and the whole world or at least anyone with the internet got to see it...that was awesome! I think its funny when drunk people fight.

In the full length video, it shows him bumping her on the ass with his crotch a couple of times before he makes a grab for the underside of the bar top. He was drinking underage, and had no right to be anywhere near the bar side of the place.

I'd have punched her too and made her eat the floor :finger: fuck her :finger:

... let me add... that's just cuz I like punchin people :D:kiss:

Last edited:
Personally, I would have restrained the girl, not punched her.

That can get you assault charges too. Not to mention, he initially does try to restrain her, she manages to punch him in the face anyways. He moved on to self defense measure #2

In the full length video, it shows him bumping her on the ass with his crotch a couple of times before he makes a grab for the underside of the bar top. He was drinking underage, and had no right to be anywhere near the bar side of the place.

Got a link to this vid, the ones i've seen don't show anything like this, at least not clearly at all. It's a crowded bar, people bump into eachother, no excuse to be assaulting other patrons.

He could have been ordering a soda at the bar, possibility. Anyways, if colleges went after every fucktard who drank underrage, they'd all go bankrupt due to the lack of money football and basketball bring in. Guy's likely a piece of shit, but drinking underrage is no biggie in the grand scheme of things. All these assholes are doing it.

I was taught that if I was gonna be brave enough to throw a punch at a guy then my ass had better be prepared to take a punch from the guy.

Not saying he should or shouldn't have hit her but she shouldn't have been throwing punches either.

Why can't people simply love each other instead of creating so much stress and woe and hatred? This is why I prefer to spend my time with the wind, the rain, and sunsets.

It looked to me like she thought he was trying to cut in line and got shitty.

I was taught that if I was gonna be brave enough to throw a punch at a guy then my ass had better be prepared to take a punch from the guy.

Not saying he should or shouldn't have hit her but she shouldn't have been throwing punches either.

I guess that is one of those "ignorant hick" things we are taught in the South.

My daddy always said if you put yourself in a man's position, then expect to be treated like one.
You don't ever swing at someone and not expect them to swing back.

Seems they're both squeezing towards the bar, doesn't seem like his groin got anywhere near her, seems like they touched hips and she was pissed he bumped into her. Packed house everyone bumps everyone, she's a fucking cunt. I don't hit women just because, but had I been there I would have given him a thumps up, she made every effort to get punched and he finally obliged
As far as drinking who's to say she should've been there, besides isn't learning to drink and party why kids go to college
Florida's known for college criminal athletes, unfortunately for Johnson he's a non starting Freshmen. Jameis Winston last years starting QB was best in the country, got caught stealing, lying
accused of rape (they turned him into victim) everything he did was a misunderstanding, that there is how FSU feels about crime, if your starting QB you committed no crime, freshmen nobody
and you out, FSU is so committed to right and wrong LOL!

Seems they're both squeezing towards the bar, doesn't seem like his groin got anywhere near her, seems like they touched hips and she was pissed he bumped into her. Packed house everyone bumps everyone, she's a fucking cunt. I don't hit women just because, but had I been there I would have given him a thumps up, she made every effort to get punched and he finally obliged
As far as drinking who's to say she should've been there, besides isn't learning to drink and party why kids go to college
Florida's known for college criminal athletes, unfortunately for Johnson he's a non starting Freshmen. Jameis Winston last years starting QB was best in the country, got caught stealing, lying
accused of rape (they turned him into victim) everything he did was a misunderstanding, that there is how FSU feels about crime, if your starting QB you committed no crime, freshmen nobody
and you out, FSU is so committed to right and wrong LOL!

I've missed you, my friend! Lol. ;)

Aaaand, there's my answer, too. Best rule of thumb - don't dish what you can't take.

Why can't people simply love each other instead of creating so much stress and woe and hatred? This is why I prefer to spend my time with the wind, the rain, and sunsets.

Phhh the weather causes more strife and hardship to mankind than anything else

guess that is one of those "ignorant hick" things we are taught in the South.
I was born and raised in Pennsylvania so it's not just a Southern "ignorant hick" thing, us Northern ignorant hicks got it too.:)

Honestly, it's still a rule I live by. I've been a fighter all my life, to this day I won't back down but if I swing I do so with the absolute expectation of being hit back. I don't rely on the "I'm a girl, you can't hit me back" thinking because if you shouldn't be hitting me because I'm a female then I shouldn't be hitting you for the exact same reason, because I'm a female.

Why is he at a bar if he's only 19?

It's Florida State and he's a SEMINOLE!!! Woot! I lived in Tallahassee and damn those football players are HUGE. Also, the majority of their clubs are 18 to get in, and 21 to drink. It never stopped me from getting TRASHED though.

As far as was it right, was it wrong, I don't know.

I've been a fighter all my life, to this day I won't back down but if I swing I do so with the absolute expectation of being hit back.

I hate this line of thinking sometimes, but other times I think it's spot on. I guess though when it comes to domestic violence that is a very different creature all together.

Bar fights are just bar fights. Seems a shame for a 19yr old to lose his entire career now.

I guess though when it comes to domestic violence that is a very different creature all together.
I agree. DV is simply different.

Maybe it's because I have all sons that I feel so strongly about this now. I mean I was raised to have that line of thinking myself but as I'm raising boys I'm realizing more and more that no female has to right to punch my boys (or men as they get older) either. I've seen men simply just stand there and take punches thrown by females and that's not right either but it's a fine line as to what a male should be able to do to defend themselves in a situation. Men shouldn't be walking around smacking females back with all their might but at the same time women shouldn't be hitting men either.

It's Florida State and he's a SEMINOLE!!! Woot! I lived in Tallahassee and damn those football players are HUGE. Also, the majority of their clubs are 18 to get in, and 21 to drink. It never stopped me from getting TRASHED though.

As far as was it right, was it wrong, I don't know.

I hate this line of thinking sometimes, but other times I think it's spot on. I guess though when it comes to domestic violence that is a very different creature all together.

Bar fights are just bar fights. Seems a shame for a 19yr old to lose his entire career now.
If he's a great QB no one will care what he's done that's been proven in collage and the NFL

Yet another reason to dislike Florida and all it stands for. Between the asshole retirees and little shits like these two one underage the other just drunk and belligerent I say no to Florida. Been there once on vacation and it was chaotic. I can't imagine it's any better now.

I have no problem with the dude getting charged with assault, but how they could let her walk when it's obvious that she started the whole damn altercation.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Massachusetts, just raising your fist showing an intent to strke someone constitues assault, and striking someone constitues battery; she is obviously guilty of both.

I have no problem with the dude getting charged with assault, but how they could let her walk when it's obvious that she started the whole damn altercation.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Massachusetts, just raising your fist showing an intent to strke someone constitues assault, and striking someone constitues battery; she is obviously guilty of both.

Back