• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
iddjk9.jpg
2mev5oy.jpg
Sarasota property owner and local chiropractor Craig Siegel is charged with Criminal Mischief and Battery on a Code Inspector along with 19 counts of Scheme to Defraud for an alleged property scam.

He's certainly not too poor to own a pot.

A crude Florida property owner has been jailed after allegedly throwing a bucket of urine on a code enforcement officer while being investigated for scamming rental customers out of thousands of dollars.

Craig Siegel was arrested by Sarasota deputies Monday after allegedly pulling off the filthy stunt during an investigation into an ongoing rental scam
[....]
than $53,000 stolen from 19 victims.

The local chiropractor had been frequently dealing with the inspector of his 5-bedroom property - detectives say he wrongly listed as a 12-bedroom - when Siegel attacked,
[...]
Detectives say up until this week Siegel had received more than $53,000 from bamboozled perspective renters of his property after they found out his property wasn't at all like he described.

The renters were then either refused a refund or forced into staying at the property with inadequate accommodations,
[...]
Siegel bit back by allegedly encouraging upset customers to sue him, while claiming he didn't have enough money to provide a refund.

Detectives, however, say they located financial records indicating that he paid $174,500 to a Fidelity Investment plan last year.

For Monday's incident he's charged with criminal mischief and battery on a code inspector.

For the rental scam he's charged with 19 counts of scheme to defraud and is being held on a $55,000 bond.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nspector-cops-article-1.1773538#ixzz30Q0AA400

I think we can all agree that sometimes we want to throw piss on our land lords but we don't really do it. Usually.

I nailed a guy in the face with a paper cup of stale pee once, back in art college-- he really, REALLY deserved it though and was a well known rat-bastard. People were buying me drinks for YEARS to congratulate me on that.

I managed to outrun John Law, however, unlike Mr. Backy-cracky-eyes-all-wacky here. I mean, the building inspector knows where you live, pal. You're not gonna get away wit dat.

My theory on the bucket of urine is that the house had 5BR and 2 baths originally, but he cut all the bedrooms in half and ripped out the plumbing on the 2 baths to create your basic 12BR mansion with ze trendy new "medievalist" plumbing.

Sitting above a pirahna-filled pool of piss at a carnival dunking booth for 12 hours would be a suitable punishment.

But, he looks so sane and normal. Surely you there was some horrible mistake in charging him with a crime like this.

He looks more normal in this one from 2012
201200003743.jpg

Full Name: Craig R Siegel
Date:03/18/2012
Time: 1:37 PM
Arresting Agency: FL0580100
Total Bond: $1000
Arrest Location:1771 RINGLING BL, Sarasota, FL
Personal Information
Arrest Age:42
Current Age: 44
Birthdate: 07/17/1969
Block: 1700 Ringling Blvd
City: Sarasota, Florida 34236
Height: 6'01"
Weight: 195 lbs
Hair Color: BRO
Eye Color: BRO

update
[...]

Craig Siegel bonded out Monday from the Sarasota County Jail.

Siegel accused the government of over regulation.

"Did you advertise a 12 bedroom house that had five bedrooms?" an ABC Action News reporter asked Siegel.

"No comment on that,” he responded. “That is an on-going litigation. I would love to comment on that though."

Denise Blair wants to hear the answer. Last year she gave Siegel a down payment of $2,500 to rent a 12-bedroom house, where she planned to fly her friends and family in from across the country for her birthday celebration.

"I am just glad to hear that he has gotten arrested,” she said. “It's wrong. It's so wrong."

Blair was supposed to be vacationing in the Siesta Key home starting last Sunday with a birthday celebration Saturday.

When she found out it was actually a five bedroom house, she called her guests and told them not to fly in.

"Wedding parties, family reunions needed a place of that magnitude they could put all their family members in," Detective Mark LeFebvre said.

He added large groups needed the space and were surprised they had been duped into a smaller house.

Detectives said Siegel kept deposits from $1,100 to the full week rental of more than $5,000 from Blair and other victims as far away as California.

"The victims did everything right. They went to reputable websites. They were listed companies. They signed contracts,” LeFebvre said.

[...]

Siegel did not seem remorseful saying, "Showing up at seven o'clock in the morning is what I am talking about as far as government over regulations. Sneaking around."

Siegel went on to say code fines of more than $40,000 tied up his money.

[...]
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-also-charged-with-throwing-a-bucket-of-urine

Siegel went on to say code fines of more than $40,000 tied up his money.
Hey here's an idea... If you don't want tens of thousands of dollars of your money tied up in code fines then keep your property up to code. Just a thought.

Justice has been served - he is now sitting in a jail cell for throwing the bucket of urine, and is still awaiting charges for the fraud.

When they arrested him, had they just woke him up? I've seen bad crack addicts look more alert than him!

Back