1. Before creating a thread in the Reality Bites forums, please read the following guidelines so you do not risk the wrath of the administrators and possibly lose the privilege of creating threads. We want everyone to take part in spreading the shitty news, but let's do it in a way that keeps Morbid from fielding takedown notices.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you tried signing up and were receiving the following message: "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again." Please retry as this was being caused by an outdated plugin.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox
    Dismiss Notice

FRONT PAGE Florida Householder Fatally Shoots Woman Searching For Dog

Discussion in 'In The Mean Time' started by Satanica, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Satanica

Satanica Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $151,937.74
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38586215

• Thanks Thanks x 8
    • WTF!?! WTF!?! x 3
  2. Sejanus

Sejanus Well-Known Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $15,174.94
    He could be the poster maniac for Florida, the NRA, and KFC

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. PsychoKitty

PsychoKitty Queen Bitch From Hell Bold Member!

Credit:
    $17,678.68
    I do believe in some kind of classes and certification for gun ownership though I realize why many people are against it. The same with drivers licenses for these elderlies. I was just talking to a friend about an incident with neighbor across the road from me recently: I heard the crack of a large caliber hand gun then some more as well as a tree of mine being hit & grabbed the cats out of my bedroom window and threw them into the bathroom and looked out and there she was trying to shoot at squirrels. I called her sons house and told his wife to get over there and disarm her before someone or something else got hurt which he did.

• Show The Love Show The Love x 2
  4. Satanica

Satanica Trusted Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $151,937.74
    Probably has dementia. Guns and dementia or dementia and anything are not a good combo. Between dementia and xanax there are some batshit crazy elders running amuck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. rarely

rarely read books more Bold Member!

Credit:
    $4,956.69
    thats too perfect for me not to steal

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. FlowerWhiskers

FlowerWhiskers Active Member Bold Member!

Credit:
    $2,020.96
    This situation calls for a Charlton Heston joke. But in all seriousness, if mom/dad/grandpa whoever is too demented to drive and you take away their keys, take away their guns as well. We had to do this for my grandpa a few years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Morbid

Morbid Big Daddy Yum Yum Staff Member

Credit:
    $45,783.66
    [​IMG]
    MANATEE COUNTY, FL
    – An 83-year-old Florida man has been arrested after fatally shooting a woman who was searching for her dog.

According to police, 65-year-old Rebecca Rawson went to the home of 83-year-old Eugene Matthews to retrieve a dog, Bart, that belonged to Rawson’s estranged husband, who died last week.

Matthews was a friend Rawson’s estranged husband, and took the dog in after his death.

When Rawson showed up to the home with her daughter and brother-in-law, she stayed in the car. When her brother-in-law knocked on the door, a woman answered the door and he called the dog’s name.

When Bart came to the door, he picked him up and took him back to the car. That’s when Matthews came out of the house and fired a handgun into the air twice before firing once at the car Rawson was sitting in.

The shot went through the windshield and hit Rawson in the face, killing her. Matthews’ family is saying he acted in self-defense, and that the Rawson family blasted through the gate and kicked down the front door, but the sheriff’s office said that account contradicts the evidence gathered from the scene.

Matthews was taken into custody and is being charged with second-degree murder. According to police, he was fairly cooperative.

According to sheriff’s office spokesman Dave Bristow, Matthews is no stranger to anyone in the area, including the police. The Korean War veteran has numerous arrests in his past and once sued the sheriff’s office over a 1989 weapons charge.

He ended up winning the case and was awarded $300,000, but that amount was later reduced $110,00 after it was found that several jurors lied on their juror questionnaire forms. Bristow did say that they have not heard much from Matthews “for a long time” until his recent arrest.

Matthews seems quite the character. His property even has several “no trespassing” type signs along his property, including one that states he will not call 911 for any trespassers he shoots. He even has a mannequin dressed in military fatigues in a watchtower overlooking the entrance.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-sarasota-manatee/manatee-county-woman-shot-killed-while-searching-for-dog
    http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/228464134-story

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  8. Keepalowprofile

Keepalowprofile Fuck you jack. Bold Member!

Credit:
    $71,807.06
    Fucking crazy old fart.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 12, 2017 ---
    Fucking crazy old fart.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2017 ---
    Fucking crazy old fart.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. PsychoKitty

PsychoKitty Queen Bitch From Hell Bold Member!

Credit:
    $17,678.68
    sounds like his whole family the others tred to lie for him to cover his crackheadedness

• Agree Agree x 1