• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
St. Paul police say they are making the assault of a 5-year-old girl their highest priority.

The girl was found at 8:10 a.m. Monday with a bloody face, and her pants and underwear down to her ankles on the corner of Park Street and West Cook Avenue, according to Steve Linders, a spokesman with the St. Paul Police Department.

Linders said the little girl was unable to tell the driver what had happened to her, so he called 911.

The bus stop is across the street from where she lives. Police don't know if she was sexually assaulted but are investigating it.

The girl missed her bus at 8:05 a.m., and the driver of a bus that stopped a few minutes later noticed the young girl in distress.

She described her attacker as a "big black boy with blue shirt and blue pants," Linders said.

The girl's grandmother told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS she does not want anyone else to get hurt. A victims' support organization is talking with the girl.

What idiot thought a five year old could catch the bus herself without mom even able to keep eyes on her while she waits?

http://www.wday.com/news/minnesota/...ld-daughter-attacked-while-waiting-school-bus

It looks like a quiet residential street and she's probably catching that bus same time very school morning for nearly a year. She was probably only outside about 10 minutes or less while this happened. I bet she won't be riding the bus again.

And I fully believe her story she's not really old enough to make up details like that.

I don't know... If it's literally across the street from the home, and a cute little suburban neighborhood, I can see sending the girl out there to catch the bus, thinking she'll only be standing there a few minutes, max. Especially if grandma was is the custodial guardian.

I just hope this little girl gets sufficient help with overcoming something like this.

I'd send her across by herself maybe, but I'd watch out the window till she got on the bus. If she was kidnapped that's hours the kidnapper has before you get a call from the schools automated system that your baby didn't show up.

Oh, yeah... I'm totally not saying that I would ever. But I could see how a grandma in a quiet neighborhood might. She'll never make that mistake again, though. :(

I just can't see myself sending a little 5 year old out by herself without watching her, even outside of my house. I'd be standing in the doorway at least. Not even my 11 yr old son goes out by himself, not even to ride his skateboard on the sidewalk - he's always got to be with someone else! My kids are 11, 13, 15 & 16 for that matter, and not one of them is allowed out by themselves. I understand cute little neighborhood, but common sense and too many bad experiences personally tell me otherwise. Poor baby, she must be so confused! If her pants were down she was probably raped. My heart aches for her! :(

That's so scary. Poor baby. Not judging her grandma at all, but I don't think I could ever let my daughter who is 5 catch the bus by herself, regardless of how close it is. No matter how safe the town is. You just never know what can happen and reading this just reinforces my reasons. Bad things happen everywhere.​

:bag: I hate when these are around my kids ages. I still hold my nine year old's hand crossing the street. I wish some one could've been there to stop it before it happend. I suppose parenting classes exist for a reason. I'm sure grandma feels terrible.:(

Bloody face...you know the asshole hit her. Poor thing...Mend well little one.

Ugh. My brain of course automatically went there and came up with another reason her face could have been bloody, but it makes me sick even considering it. Not going to verbalize it. :c

Back